Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts : Spiffany and the Bizarro, Vertigo & Carggite Legions (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts : Spiffany and the Bizarro, Vertigo & Carggite Legions
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and u might find some Vertigo esque ideas in here.

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000607

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Who's the girl with him?

That's his sister, Tiffany Spiffany, who becomes a regular in MATTER-EATER LAD: THE SERIES!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Some sketches I did:
Craggite Mon-El - 1 is the gentle, Holy One, 2 is the standoffish, quiet observer, 3 is the crazy, tempermental one.

Bizarro Triplicate Girl - her am can become 1/3rd of herself.

Bizarro Dream Girl - her am ugly girl who can see past when she am awake.

Tiffany Spiffany - she looks like Paris Hilton in the trademark Spiffany violet with dollar sign earrings.

Gotta still scan and clean up the sketches, then post.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Hurray!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, that Lester...

He needs to get smacked like an uppity rent boy is what he needs!

Yeah!

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

LESTER'S GREATEST HITS part 1

The following is an excerpt from MATTER-EATER LAD : THE SERIES # 2, written by Eryk Davis Ester and MLLASH.

PAGE 3

Panel One

Tenz's Dad, Renkil, and Lester are in a bar. Cameras follow them around. A not-so-attractive but very busty waitress waits on them.

Waitress: Can I take your order?

Tenz's Dad: Well, you seem like quite the dish!

Panel Two

Waitress: Sorry, I'm not on the menu.

Tenz's Dad: Alright, then, for me and my boy Renkil here, how about a silverale and gasoline? And get the nancy boy whatever he wants, as well.

Lester: Just a straight silverale, please.

Panel Three

Dad: Hmm... and send some drinks over to those cute little fillies at that table, will you? And if you could slip in the fact that we're on TV...

Waitress: Sure thing...

Panel Four

Lester: Uh, Mr. Kem... do I need to remind you that you have a wife at home? And that you're being filmed?

Renkil: Can I have a cigarette?

Tenz's Dad: Sure, son. (Hands Renkil a cigarette). Oh, Myrta doesn't care. She's too busy watching the Home Health Care Channel to even bother watching our show!

Panel Five

As the waitress takes the order of the girls at the other table, they exchange flirtacious looks with Tenz's dad. Meanwhile, Renkil eats the cigarette.

PAGE 4

Panel 1

Lester has glazed expression, is obviously bored out of his mind.

Lester: (thought balloon) Popping Hotties! How the hell did I-- heir to Earth's most ridiculously lavish jewelry slash bling-bling empire-- end up in this bar on Bismoll with these less than attractive men? Sounds like a good time for a flashback...

Panel 2

Lester caption: I was arriving home late from doing my charity work. (scene shows him stumbling into the mansion all drunken-like)

Panel 3

Lester caption: I was starved but didn't want to disturb anyone, so I attempted to fix myself some dinner. (scene shows Lester's drugged-up rampage through the kitchen, turning dials and pressing buttons and stuff)

Panel 4

Lester caption: My loyal staff must have heard me and came to my aid. (scene shows Lester screaming his head off in the servant's quarters)

Panel 5

Lester caption: And then... *choke!* Poor poor Chef C'nnonf'dder! And my loyal butler Splatters! And dear, dear Shirley... (scene shows Lester passed out in hallway when kitchen explodes)

PAGE 5

Panel 1

Lester caption: I spent days miserable because of what had happened to my loyal servants... (scene shows Lester out partying with his friends)

Panel 2

Lester caption: My dear father realized my misery, and suggested I take a vacation... (scene shows Pop Spiffany yelling at Lester)

Panel 3

Lester caption: After careful consideration, I chose Bismoll as the ideal place for a holiday... (scene shows Lester at the spaceport looking at ticket prices and counting the meager amount of cash he has; Bismoll is by far the cheapest)

Panel 4

Lester caption: There I spent my time relaxing and enjoying the sights... (scene shows Lester hard at work as a courier...)

Panel 5

Lester caption: Then, unexpectedly, I met my one true love... (scene shows Lester meeting Tenzil)

Panel 6

Lester caption: He needed money to run his political campaign, so I called my dad, who happily obliged... (scene shows Lester pleading with his father to send him money)

PAGE 6

Panel 1

Lester: Of course, I spent that money on setting up Tenzil's reality show -- which has been a massive success-- and now I have my own money coming in, which is nice I suppose...

Panel 2

Pa Kem: Who're you talking to, Nancy?

Renkil: Let's hit the racetrack, Dad!

Pa: Gladly, boy.

(Pa & Renkil exit)

Panel 3

Lester: Okay, sucks to this! If Tenzil thinks he's gonna ditch me with the in-laws while he's out doing Mordru-knows-what on the credits I enabled him to make, he's got another think coming!!

Panel 4

Bar patron: Who're you talking to, Nancy?

(Lester notices the gang of toughs that now surround his table)

Bar patron # 2: We don't take kindly to yer kind around here, Sally-Jo!

Panel 5

Lester: Oh, YEAH? Well eat THIS!! (reaches into pocket, throws hundreds of credits into the air)

Panel 6

(Lester exits bar while the patrons scramble to grab up credits)

Lester: Poor people are SoooOOoo predictable

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

LESTER'S GREATEST HITS part 2

An excerpt from MEL:TS # 5 written by me, in which Lester attempts to sway Sugyn and TwoFace Tess to the side of the angels...

PAGE 12

Panel 1

caption: Meanwhile, under Sugyn...

Lester: It's not that I mind being on the bottom, but THIS is mortifying!

Sugyn: Shaddup, kid!

Panel 2

Lester: What's Evillo paying you, fat boy?

Sugyn: Not enough to listen to your sorry-ass whining!

Panel 3

Lester: Oh yeah? Well, I'll TRIPLE it!

Tess: Your sorry-ass whining?

Panel 4

No, Trish, or whatever your name is... I'll triple whatever Evillo's paying you to join up with ME!

Panel 5

(Tess & Sugyn look at each other grinning)

Panel 6

(Sugyn rises off Lester)

Sugyn: Creds up front?

Panel 7

Lester: I'd like you to meet your new best friend... (pulls out huge pile of credits, seemingly from nowhere) Buttloada Moolah, meet chubby!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

LESTER'S GREATEST HITS part 3

An excerpt from MEL:TS # 6 written by Eryk Davis Ester and MLLASH, featuring Lester saving The Super Companions from the Fatal Femmes...

PAGE 16

Panel 1

Anti-Lad: Foolish super-companions! You may have been safe from us on your all-male paradise of Thrann, but in open space we have the advantage! And once it's greatest champions are destroyed, Thrann itself will be next!

Panel 2

Lester: Popping hotties! Didn't I just go through with this with that Thora chick?

Panel 3

Anti-Lad: You know Thora of Taltar, sissy male? Bah! Her foolish matriarchal alliance will never work! The crazy woman actually wants to enslave stupid males to do her bidding! Only the total elimination of men is acceptable! Starting with all of you!

Panel 4

Anti-Lad: Attack, my Fatal Femmes!

Lester: Oh, jeebus!

Panel 5

(The Fatal Femmes attack!)

(Rainbow Girl projects a rainbow at Shower)
Shower: Eek! I'm vulnerable to the light force of a rainbow!

(Dyke Damsel punches Splash)
Dyke Damsel: Refusing to use your powers, eh? Well, my fists will prove as deadly as my ability to control your liquid form!

(Shaggy Lass pulls off one of Treehugger's limbs!)
Shaggy Lass: Rrrrargghhh!

(Utility Lass morphs into some sort of weapon and shoots at Mzgrzz!)
Utility Lass: I can change form faster than you can morph other objects, Mzgrzz!

(Anti-Lad presses a button on her visor)
Anti-Lad: Don't think for a second that you're safe, Shadow! One blast from my visor and the particles of your bodies will loose what little cohesion they have left!

PAGE 17

PANEL 1

*Lester watches the carnage*

Thought caption: Well, I see this is going badly for the Companions. I wonder why Oprah disappeared right when the action started? Maybe he had to clean his monocle. Anyhoo, guess I better do something about this...

Panel 2

Lester: This solid silver platter will deflect the rays of your visor, Anti-Lad!

Panel 3

Lester: And hurling it at Shaggy Lass will stun her temporarily!

Panel 4

Lester: My Venturan Walking Money will swarm over Rainbow Girl!

Walking Money: Meep! Meep! Meep!

Rainbow Girl: NooOOOoooo!

Panel 5

Lester: Even Utility Lass is vulnerable to the vapors of this Gas Money!

Panel 6

*throws a gold necklace bolo-style*

Lester: Looks like you're all tied up for the moment, Dyke Damsel!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

For variety's sake, here's TIFFANY SPIFFANY'S GREATEST HITS part 1!

An excerpt from MELT:S # 9 written by Eryk Davis Ester:

PAGE 13

Panel 1

*Tiffany laying unconcious on a bed*

Panel 2

*Water splashes on Tiffany, waking her up*

Tiffany: Wha--?

Panel 3

*A large-nosed woman stands over top of Tiffany, having just poured the water on her*

Hazel: Ah... good! That finally woke you up!

Tiffany: Where am I? Who are you?

Panel 4

Hazel: Where are you? My poor dear! You are in the place you least want to be. They call me Nasal Hazel, but just Hazel will do. I've been a prisoner here for awhile.

Tiffany: "Prisoner"? *Gasp*!

Panel 5

Hazel: You're in Nardo's super-stalag of space, dearie! The prison-camp where no one escapes, or so they say!

Tiffany: "Super-Stalag of Space"? *Gasp*!

Panel 6

Hazel: Don't worry too much, though. Fortunately, the girl's wing ain't nearly as bad as the boy's. Nardo doesn't seem as interested in us, for some reason. Now get up. I've got a whole bunch of laundry to do, and you're going to help me.

Tiffany: "Laundry"? *Gasp*!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

TIFFANY SPIFFANY's Greatest Hits part 2:

An excerpt from MEL:TS # 10 written by me...

PAGE 4

Panel 1

Tiffany: (to self) *sigh* It's times like these that makes me miss my multi-trillion credit fortune.

Itch Witch: Never you mind, dear... I'll do the cooking for Nardo tonight. I've got a special ingredient I'm just itching to use in the recipe... *tee hee!*

Panel 2

Tiffany: THAT'S a relief! At home I have 21 different chefs, 1 for each meal of each day of the week, so I never learned much about cooking.

Panel 3

*suddenly Took appears on table, the girls are startled*

Multi Maid: TOOK!

Negative Nell: But... HOW...?

Panel 4

Took: I've been with the team all along. I followed disguised as a dust mote. I've been at the boys' camp and discovered Nardo's horrible plans!

Panel 5

Took: The real reason you gals are making these clothes is... Nardo's super-fatass fetish!

Panel 6

Tiffany: Fatass? *gasp!*

Took: Yes, and your brother and his friend are next on Nardo's ass-fattening agenda!

Panel 7

Tiffany: Lester's HERE?

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I promise to read this wonderful story ASAP!

But right now, I have to post this entry.
This photo is from a very fruitful MMaSM, season 2, shoot.
I've posted 5 from that session, but this is the first time that I've manipulated the photo.
I worked on the background, costume, hair and face, using my Paint.
I like it because I went very loose and sketchy with it.

-
The model and photographer weren't mentioned at the photobucket site that I downloaded it from.

[ March 10, 2010, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Well, I'm read up through Utility Lass.

I've enjoyed the ride, so far.
The Companions piece is my favorite.

Spiffany using different types of money the way that Batman uses his utility belt is brilliant and pretty darn good!

Thanks for sharing, LLASH.

[ March 11, 2010, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
A Tale of the Bizarro Legion

Brainiac 5 glared in disapproval as the Coluan dignitary finished his speech. He knew that the other Legionnaires were humoring him, and failed to appreciate the inevitability that something would go wrong, but he had already done the math. There wasn’t even a *chance* that this event would end without some sort of disaster, and so it was necessary to have a Legion presence here, before things went horribly wrong.

Ever diplomatic, Luornu clapped politely, only noticing belatedly that the Coluans in attendance were not clapping, just standing there. A few looked at her, heads tilted, as if at a zoo, regarding some uncouth beast, and her hands froze before she stiffly forced them to hang at her sides. The Coluan high science whatever-his-title-was had finished his speech about ‘taking inspiration from the bold example set by Querl Dox, and reclaiming the name of Brainiac from the monster who tarnished it’ or some such nonsense, and she couldn’t miss that Brainy was furious that he was being touted as the rationale for this silly notion. And now the presentation was done, and the doors opened to the Coluan Science Museum, and its newest exhibit, a retrospective on the history and technology of the infamous 20th century villain, Brainiac. Gloating from the side of the Senior Speaker, the Coluan heroine, Augment strutted into the museum like she owned the place, having exchanged heated words with her Legion counterpart earlier about how perhaps it was time that Colu was known for a hero who *wasn’t* the legacy of some villainous anachronism.

While dozens of higher-status Coluans filtered in, the Legion was forced to wait to enter with the general population. Originally, Brainy had been one of those invited into the elite group, but after his vociferous debate with the Master Researcher and Chief Historian, he was lucky they were being allowed in with the general public, with the local authorities insisting that they, and Augment, could handle anything that could go wrong.

Long minutes passed, the higher-status Coluans stopping at the doors to chat, deliberately holding up those below them in status, but finally the doors swung wide for general admission, and the Legionnaires took advantage of the mobility provided by their Flight Rings to move in above the crowd, entering the museum as a group.

Greeting them, looming improbably large, a vast metal skull was suspended from the dome-like ceiling, with dangling tentacles of silvery metal reaching nearly to the floor. A mere landing craft, and nothing like the vast ship that Brainiac had flown throughout the galaxy during his reign of terror, the ship was still enormous, and Colossal Boy quipped, “They obviously used Imskians to get that in here…”

“No need for that,” Brainiac 5 said dryly, pointing towards an unfamiliar-looking device, “They had access to Brainiac’s own shrinking technology.”

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
As the Legion fanned out, Shadow Lass noted that a surprising number of the machines on display had extremely scanty notes accompanying them. She could not read the Coluan displays, but knew from long experience with one Coluan in particular, that if it was understood at all, there would be a massive amount of information about it prominently on display. Confirming her suspicions, she noted that one device in particular had a screen flickering through dozens of pages of schematics and text and diagrams, while the item she had noticed first only had a few unusual characters. She floated next to Brainiac 5 and pointed at the item in question, saying quietly, “They don’t even know what that does, do they?” and he turned and snorted, “Correct. They used thirty-seven words to say it, but it translates to ‘Unknown Device.’”

A cold mechanical voice interrupted the low-level chatter from the various Coluans admiring the exhibits, as a dozen reddish beams of light came down from above and centered on Brainiac 5.

****Identity confirmed. All systems powering up.****

The Legionnaires looked up as one, along with the seventy-odd Coluans in the room, to see the skull-shaped landing craft lighting up and flexing its monstrous tentacles, snapping free of the supports that had held it suspended from the ceiling, and yet not falling, it’s own propulsion system engaging with a sudden downwash of gravitational pressure that hurled dozens of Coluans heavily to the ground.

Supported by their Flight Rings, the Legionnaires were pushed down slightly, but recovered quickly, as Coluans began evacuating the building in a surprisingly efficient and panic-free manner. “Did I not tell them, on multiple occasions, that this technology should have been left buried for all time?” Brainiac complained bitterly. As one, the reddish lights shining down from the ship onto his position winked out, and the voice boomed again.

****Position compromised by unknown potential hostiles, initiating defensive countermeasures.****

With that, a signal went forth and a dozen machines on exhibit went berserk. The machine Brainy had pointed out earlier suddenly sat up on a three-legged tripod and fired a pale beam into the crowd exiting the building, and were it had struck, dozens of Coluans had completely vanished. But not completely, Triplicate Girl noticed, as she saw tiny specks moving on the ground, and realized that the machine had simply reduced the Coluans struck to the size of bugs! A pair of skull-sized versions of the landing ship, with tentacles twice the length of a man’s arm, began floating through the area, firing red heat beams from their ‘eyes’ while their tentacles lashed out and destroyed display cases near them. But the machine that drew the Legionnaires attention away from the moving ship above them, the same ‘Unknown Device’ that Shadow Lass had just been making note of, struck them all with a blinding flash of light and a strange sensation of lightness.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.