Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Lian Harper: The Series (Now With Pictures) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Lian Harper: The Series (Now With Pictures)
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I just posted it on DA.

http://judedeluca.deviantart.com/art/Lian-Harper-by-Candle-163839210

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
The Addiction Of Lian Harper

Addiction ran in her blood. There was no doubt about it.

Lian clutched at her stomach in agony. Her little forehead was flushed with sweat.

She moaned in pain.

She should’ve known better. She should’ve listened to her dad. But she didn’t.

It’s her own fault, she has to tough it out.

She started breathing heavily and gasping. But it was all up to her.

Her dad stood at the door, waiting, waiting for his daughter’s pain to be over.

“I’m gonna kill Dick. I don’t care, I, I am going to kill Batman.” He said aloud to himself.

It was Dick’s fault, of course, he got Lian the stuff she wanted, that led to this moment. Would it be possible to kill Batman? Scratch that.

But it was Lian’s fault as well. He told her no but she didn’t listen, and went around his back.

Of course, he figured going cold turkey was punishment enough as it is. He remembers how horrible it was, and, despite his painful recollection, this was one of those times when being a parent meant you’re a jerk.

A half hour later she walked out into her dad’s arms.

“Daaaadeeeee…” She moaned, burying her head in his chest.

“Lian? Feeling better?” Her dad asked.

“No.” She moaned.

“Well, maybe next time you’ll listen.” Roy said.

“No more Choco-Sugar Shock Rocket cereal, I know.” Lian agreed. “But it’s so good!”

“Lian…” Roy sighed and just hugged her tighter. “They said the same thing about the internet.”

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Part of a eulogy to a child of promise:

- original photo posted by PancakePal

[ May 18, 2010, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I wonder if the death of the Dibnys or Blue Beetle had this much of an impact.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Love your little ficlets! So cute. [Smile] I was not pleased with what DC decided to do to Lian. Just... uncool. [Frown] But these almost make it better!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Oh! I didn't even know someone replied on here. I am SO sorry to keep you waiting.

But thanx.

Have you joined the group?

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

This was another story based on a picture by DeviantArtist LevyRasputin... the picture is entitled "Stupid Cupid".

-

The Inquisition of Lian Harper

Lian was looking for her Aunt Mia and Uncle Connor, who were visiting at Titans Tower, when she saw a sight she'd never forget. Her dad, Roy Harper, trying to slink by carrying his bow… and dressed in a diaper.

"Daddy?" She asked, wide-eyed.

"Lian!" Roy gasped, startled at his daughter seeing him in this get-up. "Uh, I was, uh-" He stammered.

"Daddy how come you're wearing a diaper?" Lian asked, eyeing the white cloth wrapped around his waist that made a makeshift diaper.

"Because I-"

"Did you have an accident?" Lian asked, cutting off her dad.

"A what?" He asked.

"An accident. You know, like, did you poo-"

"NO." He quickly cut her off, blushing like an idiot as he led her into a room, away from the hall where people could be walking down.

"Then how come you're wearing a diaper?" She asked again.

"It's not a real diaper. It's because, um, daddy had to dress like Cupid." He tried to explain.

"Why?"

"For Aunt Donna."

"Why?"

"For Valentine's Day."

"Why?"

"Because daddy had to do it for Uncle Connor and Aunt Mia's sick pleasure." He said with an immense look of displeasure and anger.

"Why?"

"Because daddy lost at darts."

Lian gasped. Her daddy NEVER lost at darts. Not even to Grandpa Ollie.

"How come you lost at darts?" She asked.

"Because daddy was drunk. Very, very drunk." He said with indignity.

"How come you were drunk? I mean, very, very drunk?"

Roy almost laughed at the way she asked the question, yet just looked down, averting her gaze.

"Because… because daddy doesn't have any dignity."

"…how come you don't have any dignity?"

"Because I'm an idiot." He frankly stated.

"Don't be silly! You're not an idiot." Lian adamantly told him. Roy picked her up and smiled a bit.

"You're sweet. Kind of makes me forget what it's gonna be like when the pictures get out on the internet." Roy sighed.

Lian began to think.

Roy's eyelids were pried upon out of his sleep, trying to nod off the rest of his hangover headache. Lian stood in front of him, grinning broadly.

"Here you go, daddy!" She shoved a bounce of pictures in his hands.

"Huh? What's-" He asked, then stopped when he realized what they were.

"I got the pictures of you as Cupid from Aunt Mia, Uncle Connor, and Uncle Wally." Lian said. Indeed, they were photos of him giving Donna the box of chocolates, much to the amazement/horror of her aunt and uncle. And some of them were butt shots.

"How'd you do that?" Roy asked in amazement.

His answer was questioned by Wally, who was walking down the hall with Mia and Connor, and sporting black eyes.

"That kid needs to stop hanging around Dick and Dinah. She's got a right hook like Ted Grant." Wally said.

"My girl!" Roy happily cheered as he squeezed Lian into a bear hug of fatherly pride.

"Your welcome, daddy." Lian said. "But if you wanna thank me…"

"Yes?"

"Could you take off the diaper? It's kinda weird."

Artist Profile: http://levyrasputin.deviantart.com/

Original Location of Picture: http://LevyRasputin.deviantart.com/art/DC-stupid-cupid-168281568

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Kid Charlemagne
Frisky Perchlorate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Charlemagne   Email Kid Charlemagne         Edit/Delete Post     
I like these; most of them are so kawaii.

The story with Death is quite poignant. I remember the comic a few years ago when Donna Troy died, and Lian thought she'd just come back like Grandpa Ollie and Superman did--and it turned out she was right. Interestingly, Death hasn't taken Lian on to the afterlife yet in your story; maybe she knows Lian will just be going back anyway?

Batdude gets smacked in face with plunger arrow FTW! [LOL]

--------------------
If your klordny lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical attention.

From: Arkansas Province, Baaldur | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I've got that one: it was collected in The Death and Return of Donna Troy.

But I've gotta remember to edit the one with Death, I misspelled Wandsworth's name.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
original posted by bskelton32117

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Awww...

Kind of makes you forget they kind of perverted her in the final issue.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

That drawing with Lian laughing and her dad with the bat is WONDERFUL, although!

-
original photo posted by picturedog3

I just changed things with fresco.

[ July 21, 2010, 02:19 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

... :speechless:

...damn it why is there NO emoticon for speechless IT RUINED MY MOMENT.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

:silly:
Oh drat!
None for that either!
[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Can I post that on DA?

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.