Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Lian Harper: The Series (Now With Pictures) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Lian Harper: The Series (Now With Pictures)
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
REVISED

The Burn of Lian Harper

“Come on daddy, we’re gonna be late!”

“Hold on, Lian, I just gotta finish getting dressed!”

“You’ve been saying that for-eeeeeeeever!”

“I have not!”

“Have too!”

“Have not!”

“Have too!”

“Arguing’s not gonna make me get dressed faster.” Roy told her.

“Well I wouldn’t be arguing if you’d hurry!” Lian shot back.

“Watch the attitude, missy, or you’re not going out at all!”

Lian stuck her tongue at her dad.

“I saw that!” Roy called from behind a closed door.

Lian stomped around the living room dressed in her little Robin costume, a plastic orange jack-o’-lantern pail on the coffee table. She decided to take off the green domino mask for now, as it looked like they weren’t going anytime soon.

She’d been waiting for her dad to change into his costume for the longest time possible. It felt as if by the time he was done it would be Thanksgiving and she wouldn’t get any candy at all.

KNOCK-KNOCK.

Lian escaped her from her fuming to get the door.

“Who is it?” She asked before opening it.

“It’s Uncle Dick, sweetie.” The voice behind the door answered.

Lian, of course, checked through the peephole first before opening the door. True enough, there was her uncle, Richard “Dick” Grayson, dressed in a GI soldier costume.

“Hey princess!” Dick hugged the girl after she’d open the door to let him in. “Happy Halloween.”

“Hi Uncle Dick, Happy Halloween.” She said as she hugged him back. Lian led him into the house.

“Ready to go trick-or-treating?” Dick asked. “Love the costume, by the way.” The ex-Robin complimented her.

“It’s okay, I guess.” Lian sulked as climbed onto the couch and folded her arms.

“Something wrong, princess?” Dick asked.

“Daddy’s taking too long to put his costume on and I’m not gonna get any of the good stuff like he promised.” Lian moaned.

“Poor baby.” Dick sympathized. “I’ll tell your dad to-”

The sound of a door opening cut Dick off.

“Speak of the devil.” Dick said.

“Okay angel, I’m ready to-” Roy’s words trailed off and vanished when he saw Dick in the living room. Dick’s jaw dropped as he saw Roy… dressed in a Robin costume as well. The more current Robin to be precise. Tim Drake. He even had on a domino mask of his own.

“Crap.” Roy muttered under his breath, so as Lian wouldn‘t hear and scold him for using a “no-no” word.

“Finally, daddy!” Lian sighed as she put her mask back on, then ran up to her dad, pail in hand.

“BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!” Dick was on the floor, desperately attempting to hold his sides to control his laughter. Roy scowled. “I didn‘t realize you were my biggest fan, Roy!” Dick choked out.

“S-Shut up! It was the only one they had left at the store so shut up!” Roy attempted to rationalize and heal his wounded pride.

Lian didn’t like it when her dad made fun of her aunts and uncles. She also didn’t like it when they made fun of her dad. That was her job.

“You know, I could’ve-*heh*-lent you one of my old Robin costumes if you‘d asked.” Dick said as he was getting up.

“Thanks, but I would’ve preferred one with PANTS.” Roy shot at Dick, who’d be known for running around in green scaly… speedo type thing when he was Robin. Dick shut up.

“Oooh, you got burned, Uncle Dick!” Lian laughed.

“Thank you, Lian.” Roy thanked his daughter as the two head out for some Halloween fun.

“I try, daddy.”

[ September 26, 2010, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Sarcasm Kid ]

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
REVISED

This one was also based on another pic by LevyRasputin.

The Workout of Lian Harper

“Daddy!”

“Princess!”

Lian ran into her father’s arms as he walked into their house for the first time in three months after he was hospitalized for injuries due to fighting supervillains. Roy picked her up and gave her a tight squeeze.

“I missed you so much, daddy.” Lian said.

“I missed you too, Etai Yazi.” Roy replied. “Did you have fun staying with Grandpa Ollie?” He asked again, setting her down as the two walked to Roy’s bedroom.

“Yeah, but it was hard. I got so scared thinking about you in the hospital for so long.” Lian stated sadly.

“Aww, I’m sorry honey, I didn’t mean to make you worry.” Roy apologized.

“It’s okay daddy. As long as you’re better.” Lian hugged her dad again. Then, however, she backed away when she felt something wrong.

“Um…” She said, trying to figure out what was different.

“What is it, Lian?” Roy asked, noting the worried look on his daughter’s face.

“Something seems… different about you, daddy.” She said, slowly going over him.

“Different?” He asked. Well, his hair was a little longer, his skin was a bit paler since he was in the hospital.

“Yeah, I don’t… oh, I see!” Lian clapped her hands and started giggling.

“What?” Roy asked, trying to delve into the mind of his child.

“Daddy…! *giggles* You got fat!”

Roy blanked.

“Wha?”

“See?” She pointed to his midsection, which was no longer well toned. He now had a small belly. On a guy with an archer’s build it showed.

“Huh, I guess I did gain a couple of pounds.”

“Or twenty.” Lian giggled as she kept poking his gut.

“Hey shut up.” Roy laughed. “It’s not that big.”

All that time stuck in a hospital bed doing nothing I lost most of my muscle tone. Great. Ollie and the guys are never gonna let me live this down if they see me like this.

“Daddy you can’t go running in your costume anymore with that belly.” Lian told him. “You’ll look like Blue Beetle.”

Roy blanked.

“And how do you know about that, little miss?” He asked, sometimes amazed at the amount of knowledge she had on the superhero world.

“Aunt Dinah used to tell me about when she was in the League. Maybe I should call-”

“NO!” Roy put his hand over her mouth. He did NOT want anyone hearing, especially Dinah. The woman knows dozens of martial arts forms. Working out with her would be a nightmare beyond all nightmares. “Lian, honey, relax, this”, he patted his stomach, “is nothing I can’t take care of on my own.”

Lian just smiled.

“Don’t worry, daddy, I’ll help you. Just leave everything to me!”

Even though most people have problems adjusting to their own beds again after being in a hospital for so long, Roy slept like a rock.

Yawning, Roy dragged himself out of a sound sleep and into the kitchen, not before putting on a pair of pajama pants and shirt. Lian already had enough problems, he didn’t need to scar her for life by letting her see him in his underwear.

He rubbed the sleep crap out of his eyes as he waited for the coffee to finish brewing when a shrill whistling noise burst through his eardrums.

“Gaah!” Yep, that woke him up. “Lian?! What are you-”

She stood in front of him in the kitchen, fully dressed, with a small whistle around her neck and a perky attitude.

“Let’s go, move it out Mister! We’ve gotta whip you back into shape!” She barked at him like a drill sergeant. Roy simply stared at her.

“Lian, it’s too early for this.” He deadpanned as he scratched the back of his head.

“It’s never too early for exercise.” She cheerily replied. Her happiness so early in the morning was a bit sickening for a half-asleep Roy. Morning people rarely had a pleasant effect on most people.

“You sound like a General Glory comic, Lian. Look, I’m going by the gym first thing this afternoon, then I’m gonna-”

“Uh uh.” She cut him off. “The sooner you’re back in shape the sooner you’ll be beating up bad guys. So we‘re gonna start now, or… here.”

She let a couple of pictures fall on the floor. Roy picked them up, and his eyes bugged out of his head.

“What the?!”

They were pictures of him from the night before, sleeping in a pair of boxer shorts, his belly exposed for all to see.

“Unless you want Mommy, aunt Donna, and everyone else to get a better look at your-”

“Wha-where’d you get these?!” Roy stammered. Now he was WIDE awake.

“I used the special night vision camera Tim lent me the last time he was here.” Lian stated matter-of-factly.

“Why did Tim leave behind-gimme those!” He lunged at the pictures in Lian’s hand, and like one of the Flashes she bolted out of his way. She skipped out of the room like a woodland nymph.

“Missed me, daddy!” She stuck her tongue out and waved the extra photos in her hand.

“Young lady you are so grounded when I get my hands on you-!” Roy got up and started chasing her around the house.

“Come on, corporal! You’re gonna hafta do better than that!” Lian taunted.

He chased her around the hallway and around the living room. Lian hopped over the couch and Roy attempted to do the same, but got too exhausted too quickly and sat down on it to catch his breath, until another shrill whistle went straight through him.

“Giving up already, sergeant?” Lian mocked him.

“Jus’, just give me a -”

“Jeez, daddy, you would’ve been able to leap over the couch in a second if you weren’t fat.”

“I’M NOT FAT!”

He reached over to try to grab her. That certainly renewed his energy. Lian just laughed and ran into the other room.

And the chase just went on and on for the whole day.

“I’m gonna get you, Lian!” Roy threatened.

“Ahaha! Come on daddy, there’s no such thing as a chubby superhero!”

Meanwhile, in the 31st Century, Chuck Taine, a.k.a. Bouncing Boy, felt a… disturbance.

-
http://LevyRasputin.deviantart.com/art/DC-pics-on-the-wall-sort-of-180159384

The pic I based it on was the second.

[ September 26, 2010, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Sarcasm Kid ]

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
These are both wonderful!

Just make sure you act as an editor and correct any missing words or extra words or sentences that could be clearer or punctuation stuff if you use them as a presentation to anyone.

The stories are beautiful, don't let TPTB think of anything else. Make them perfect.

<3 the Bouncing Boy ending.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Well Chuck's really the only large superhero DC has that everyone was familiar with so I had to use him.

But thanx. How do you like the pic?

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Levy actually did a couple of pictures to go along with "The Workout" after I asked! I was only expecting one, actually.
 -

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Cute drawings!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Yes, they're all adorable.
I don't think that Lian would call her dad a 'FATASS', though.
Especially since it's his tummy that's the problem.
[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Here's what the artist said when I originally asked what happened. She uses the term "headcanon" for the events.

"In my headcanon, Roy got severely injuried by Prometheus when the other Titans were missing on Marvel's earth and got sidelined for a while. He just put on some pounds and on a man of his though built it quite shows, but he's not properly fat, just a little more than before. I write Lian as the same age as Damian in current continutity, she is therefore approaching that phase of teenagehood when kids like to tease and be snarky, that's why she loves to call daddy fattie."

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

REVISED

The Wiles of Lian Harper

Flesh Eating Insect Offspring. The movie about a woman who unexpectedly gives birth to a horde of child sized, flesh-eating cockroaches who devour the staff and residents of a New York hospital.”

“They said the movie got banned in Italy, Germany, and Japan!”

Lian Harper looked up at her surrogate grandfather, Oliver Queen, with the burning hope of a child in her eyes. She’d just finish explaining to him about the latest horror movie to be on TV, the one which her dad EXPLICITLY said she couldn’t watch.

“What does that mean?” Lian asked, a bit confused about the last part she just recited.

“It means there is no way in Hell you’re-” Ollie quickly shut up when he realized he used one of the H words.

“Oooh! You said a bad word!” Lian lectured.

“Cr-I mean, poop, I did.” Ollie realized. He already screwed up with Roy, he didn’t need to warp his ex-sidekick’s kid while he was at it.

“That’s okay, Grandpa, I won’t tell daddy you did. IF we can watch-”

“Oh no way, little miss.” Ollie quickly cut her off. “Blackmail don’t work on this old man.”

Lian held her breath, then sighed.

“Fine. Daddy did say that movie was too scary for anyone to watch.” She narrowed her eyes slyly. “Even you.”

“What?” Ollie wasn’t sure he heard that last part. “Your dad said what?”

“Yeah, daddy said this movie would probably scar the both of us for life.” She said oh-so innocently as she does so well.

“Oh, did he?” Ollie asked smugly.

Roy managed to get back home at some time around 3:30 AM. Still dressed as Arsenal and tiptoeing as to not wake his sleeping angel, he was going to check on Lian first when he heard the toilet flushing. Expecting Ollie, Roy was surprised to find-

“Lian?”

“Hey, daddy. Missed you.” Lian yawned as she went to hug her dad.

“Missed you too, honey. What are still you doing up?” He asked her.

“Had to use bathroom.” She sleepily muttered. “How patrol?” She asked. He shrugged.

“It was alright.” He answered as he led her back to her room. “You have fun with Grandpa?”

“Yeah. I asked him if we could watch that movie-”

Roy sighed as he helped tuck Lian back into bed.

“Lian, I thought I told you-”

“Don’t worry, daddy. We just watched some old Spongebob episode instead.” Lian explained as she sunk her head back onto the pillow.

“Oh.” Roy sighed, quietly thanking God and his ex-mentor as he helped pile back on the numerous stuffed animals Lian “needed” to sleep.

“Night, daddy, love you.” She said with the last ounce of waking energy.

“Night, angel. Love you too.” Roy kissed her on the forehead as he quietly left the room.

Roy found Ollie, his back facing the red-headed archer, in the living room. Staring at the TV.

“Ollie? Hey, Ollie, thanks for not letting her watch the-”

Roy stopped short when he saw how horribly pale his former mentor was.

“Ollie?”

Ollie’s lips were trembling and he looked as if all hope and love had been sucked out of his soul by something too horrible to describe in the English language.

“She, you said, movie, too scary, and-”

“Oh God you saw that roach movie, didn’t you?”

“They, they just kept coming OUT of her. They don’t stop.” Ollie kept muttering. “Everywhere. They never-”

Roy was too busy trying to call someone on his cell phone to hear Ollie’s rambling.

“Dinah? It’s Roy. Yeah, I think Lian broke Ollie.”

“Never stop.”

“Yeah, again.”

[ September 26, 2010, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Sarcasm Kid ]

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

REVISED

The Argument of Lian Harper

“Daddy, I just don’t see what’s wrong?”

Lian Harper, a young girl with black hair and Asian features, sat in her room, on her bed, as her father, Roy, a muscular red-head, sat next to her explaining the situation to her.

“Lian, Sooraya said you were firing a gun off in broad daylight. You don’t see anything wrong with that?” Roy asked her.

“I was just practicing.” Lian attempted to justify. She was expected to become his sidekick some day, and figured she needed to know how to use guns.

“You didn’t even bother to use a muffler.” Roy pointed out.

“I couldn’t find one.”

“That’s besides the point.”

“You brought it up.” Lian pointed out herself. Roy grimaced. He had.

“ANYWAY, you know very well you aren’t allowed to train with guns yet. You could have hurt, or even, God forbid, killed someone.” Roy lectured. He remembered what it was like growing up without a mom, and a dad. The closet thing he had was his mentor, Ollie Queen. Maybe that was why he was so screwed up in certain ways. So he didn’t want his daughter, whom he was raising by himself, to turn out the same way. Make the same mistakes he did. He needed to be tough but fair. “Just be thankful no one heard the gun going off or someone could‘ve panicked.”

Lian rolled her eyes, even though she too was thankful for that.

“Daddy, I didn’t even use real bullets! They were rubber! And I made sure I was using it where there was no one in the way. Gimme SOME credit.”

Roy sighed. He knew this was gonna be difficult.

“Lian, it doesn’t matter what was in the gun or where you were! You’re too young to be using one, especially by yourself.”

“Damian uses guns and he‘s the same age as me.” Lian rationalized. That just caused Roy to laugh a little.

“First off, HE was raised by the League of Assassins. Second, even with that I’m not comfortable with that kid, or ANY, using firearms. Third, YOU are not Damian. Which I‘m also thankful to God. Is he where you got the gun from?”

“Yes.” Lian said.

“Well, no more of that, alright?”

“Whatever.” Lian muttered. Roy sighed again and put his arm around Lian’s shoulders.

“Lian, I told you that if you want to train you have to do it when I’m around and with what I say‘s appropriate. I‘m not trying to sound bossy, princess. I just don‘t want you to get hurt.”

“I know, but you only practice with me a few times a week. You said Grandpa and Brave Bow trained you every morning and every day.” Lian reminded him.

“Yeah. I know honey, I’m sorry. I’ve been busy a lot.” Roy apologized.

“Or maybe if you weren’t a fatty you wouldn’t be embarrassed to put on your costume during the day since people can see your gut.” Lian muttered under her breath.

“Hey, no muttering! And I’m not fat. I just have a few extra pounds on, that‘s all. Nothing wrong with that.” Roy defended as he patted his gut.

“Sure. This is just a little extra.” Lian poked at the small belly he acquired after being hospitalized by a villain. “It’s a nice way of saying ‘fatass’.”

“Watch the backtalk and the language, Miss Sarcasm, USA.” Roy lectured again. Was HE that snarky when he was her age? “ANYWAY-”

“Well daddy what’s the big deal?” Lian cut him off, obviously not getting the hint that what she did was wrong. “I mean, I’ve been around guns since FOREVER, and if I’m gonna be your sidekick, well, YOU use guns. I’ve gotta know this stuff!” Lian pleaded.

“You don’t need to know THIS kind of stuff, Lian. Just because I use guns doesn’t mean you have to.” Roy said in all seriousness. The whole “do as I say, not as I do” move. And God knows with half the crap he’s done he hopes she takes it seriously.

“Yeah, well, maybe I want to know how to use guns! Maybe I WANT to be that kind of superhero!” Lian fumed.

“You aren’t serious?” Roy couldn’t believe his little girl would say that. The thought of his little girl turning into a gun-toting, amoral killing machine made him want to puke. Seeing the look in her father’s eyes, Lian immediately regretted saying it.

“Well I, I dunno. No. I don’t.”

Roy mentally thanked God for that.

“Just, I, you’re not being fair!” Lian pouted.

“Lian-” Roy put a hand to his head. He was starting to get a migraine.

“I can be trusted with guns!” She yelled.

“You are just a little kid!”

“You trust me with a lot of other stuff!”

“No guns! And that’s final!” Roy ordered.

“Ugh! Why are you making such a big deal out of this?!”

“Because you’re acting like your mom!”

Lian lost all anger in her tone and eyes. Her mother, an international assassin and homicidal maniac who destroyed a small country in the Middle East.

“*Gasp*. I, I‘m-”

She let the words sink in, and, quickly, began to cry. Roy felt like a heel, and tried to hold Lian to comfort her as she buried her eyes in his chest.

“Lian? Hey, hey c‘mon baby, I didn‘t mean to yell. Come on, I‘m sorry.” Roy tried to sooth her, realizing he hit the rawest of all nerves when he mentioned Lian’s mom.

“I don’t wanna be like mommy. I don’t!” Lian cried.

“What?” Roy asked as Lian lifted her head to look at him through tear-stained eyes.

“I know it’s not nice to say that about her, and I do love her, r-really. But I don’t wanna h-hurt people like she does. I, I don’t wanna kill anyone, I don‘t wanna be a monster.” She started sobbing harder to the point where she couldn‘t form proper words.

“Listen to me.” Roy said as he looked Lian directly in the eyes. “You are NOT a monster and don‘t you ever think that. You’re my daughter, and you could never hurt anyone. You just need to be more responsible, and so do I.”

Lian trembled as she looked up at him.

“Also, your mom is not a monster. You know that.” Roy explained. “Yeah, she’s done some bad things. Really, really bad things-”

Lian hiccupped and let out another sob as tears ran down her face.

“But the one good thing she’s done was creating you. And I‘ll always be thankful to her for that. Anyone who created someone like you can‘t be a monster.” Roy sadly smiled.

He hugged her tightly, and she returned the sentiment as she started to calm down a bit.

“It’s alright, Lian. Calm down, it’s okay.” He soothed and rocked her gently like he used to when she was a baby.

“I, I didn’t mean to make you mad. I‘m sorry.” Lian said.

“And I didn’t mean to yell at you. I’m sorry too. Just, listen, I promise to start training with you more if that’s what you want. But you’re still too young to use guns. When you’re older, okay? For now you’ll have to stick with the bow, and you can only do it with me or one of your aunts or uncles.”

“Does that include Grandpa and Grandma?”

“Yes.”

“And Sooraya?”

“Yep. Does that sound fair?” He asked her in the spirit of compromise. She nodded her head and wiped her nose on her sleeve.

“I-I’m okay with that. I really like using the bow.” She told him. Roy smiled.

“I’m glad you do. Now, you promise to be a bit more patient and responsible if I promise to make more time with you?” Roy asked.

“Yeah.” Lian had managed to stop crying, but her cheeks were still tear-stained.

“Pinky swear?” Roy held up his pinky so the two could perform said swear.

“Pinky swear.” Lian smiled as she agreed.

“Here, dry your eyes.” He took out a handkerchief for her to wipe the tears off her face. “Now then, you wanna go do some training now?”

“No, no that’s okay. Can we watch a movie?” Lian asked.

“Anything you want.” Roy said.

“Do you still love me, daddy?” Lian asked.

“What?” Roy asked incredulously. “Of course! I’ll always love you, Etai Yazi, even if you are a little demon sometimes.”

“And I’ll always love you, daddy, even if you are a fatty.”

They just stuck their tongues at each other.

[ September 26, 2010, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Sarcasm Kid ]

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Nice.
Their exchanges always ring true.

I especially love the Ollie story.
And I'm glad that Roy hung in there and didn't back down about the guns!
[Razz]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Poor Ollie. He was never the same after that movie. I'd love to put THAT in the comic.

Yes, glad Roy was able to hang in there, especially through Lian's snarky comments. That was more based on the second pic Levy drew of Lian teasing Roy.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I revised the last four stories earlier.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

The Movie of Lian Harper

"So, what is the name of this movie again?"

"It's Sleeping Beauty, babe. Y'know, like the fairy tale."

"Fairy tale? I admit I am still a little unfamiliar with American stories, Roy."

Roy Harper, a muscular red-head, sat in the living room of the mansion, inbetween his young daughter Lian, a girl with black hair and Asian features inherited from her absent mother, and Roy's current girlfriend, Sooraya Qadir, a slender Arabic women with wavy black hair. After an earlier argument between Roy and Lian concerning Lian's unauthorized use of a gun while training, the two went to watch a movie. When Sooraya had asked if she could join, Lian did not object. The three sat watching an old animated movie, a bowl of popcorn on Roy's lap.

Roy was now attempting to explain the movie to Sooraya.

"Actually, Sleeping Beauty's European. It's about this princess who gets cursed by this witch who gets PO'd that she wasn't invited to the kid's christening. So, when she turns 16 she pricks her finger on this thing called a spindle and falls asleep. And she's gonna stay that way until she gets kissed by her true love."

"But, how can he be her true love if she never met him before?" Sooraya question, still confused on the subject. "They have only known each other for five minutes."

"Eh. All fairy tales usually have plot holes like that." Roy waved off said question with a mouthful of popcorn.

"Oh. Did the story also have the singing and dancing animals and the dancing mops?" Sooraya questioned yet again.

"No. Um… yeah, Disney has a habit of putting that stuff in all their movies. It's 'cutsey'." Roy grimaced a bit as he swallowed. "Still, the old ones are a lot better to that direct-to-DVD crap they put ou-"

"Daddy I can't hear! It's the part where they're taking her to the castle." Lian shushed her dad.

"Sorry, angel." Roy apologized.

"Lian I did not take you for one who enjoys 'cutsey' movies." Sooraya asked the young girl.

"Oh, I'm just waiting for the part Maleficent turns into a dragon. I love that." Lian told her father's girlfriend. You couldn't see it, but a little light bulb lit above Roy's head.

"You didn't always." He said in a taunting tone as he tussled Lian's hair.

"Daddy shut up." Lian quickly told him, realizing where he was going, but Roy was turned to Sooraya.

"When she was little I always had to watch this stuff with her. She'd freak during the scary parts, then she'd go hide in her closet for the rest of the night until I could bribe her out."

"Really?" Sooraya asked, surprised.

"No I didn't!" Lian defended, her cheeks turning red with embarrassment.

"I'd usually have to give her hot chocolate and let her sleep in my bed with me to calm her down." Roy remembered. "Oh man, when she saw Fantasia, that part with the dinosaurs, I had to sleep in the closet with her."

"Lalalalalalala I can't hear you!" Lian shouted.

"This is whole new side to you, Lian." Sooraya smiled at the girl. "I would not think the daughter of a superhero would be so scared by a-"

"I did not! I was not scared!" Lian started shaking her dad, almost knocking the bowl of popcorn out of his lap. "Daddy stop it stop it, ugh!"

"Alright, whatever you say, princess." Roy held his hands of defeat and kissed her on the head. "No more embarrassing stories."

"Hmph." Lian pouted and crossed her arms as she turned her attention back to the movie.

"Speaking of, how did things go earlier?" Sooraya leaned closer to whisper to Roy.

"They're cool, babe. We talked and we managed to compromise." Roy told her in a hushed tone. Sooraya smiled.

"I'm glad. I would hate to think there are any problems between you and Lian."

"What can I say, I'm that kind of guy." Roy finished, proud of himself.

"Gimme that." Lian said as she yanked the popcorn bowl away from her dad.

"Hey! Lian I was eating that." Roy said indigently as Lian popped a few pieces in her mouth.

"I know." Lian motioned, her eyesight turning from the movie to Roy's midsection. "I think you've had enough popcorn, daddy." She said, and then poked the small belly he developed from being in a hospital.

It was now Lian's turn to make fun of her dad. Fair's fair, after all.

"I thought I told you to knock that off." Roy lectured her.

"I'll knock it off when you stop being fat." Lian shot at her dad with a smug, sarcastic look on her face.

"Shut up. I'm not fat. Besides, the ladies think it's cute." Roy patted his gut in defense. He did have a rep as a ladies' man. It would explain Lian's mom, a homicidal maniac who bombed a small Middle Eastern country. Or not.

"Sure they do." Lian laughed as she flicked an un-popped kernel at Roy's forehead. She didn't miss.

"Why me? Where did I go wrong?" Roy sighed, wondering when his sweet, innocent little girl became so willing to make fun of her poor old dad for carrying a few extra pounds and telling stories about when she was still sweet and innocent.

"Hey."

Roy turned to face Sooraya, who started stroking Roy's chin and soul patch.

"You are right, you know." She told him. He got the same idea she had, and the two started kissing.

Lian, who had turned back to the movie, turned her eyes for one second and saw her father and his girlfriend making out. She was immediately repulsed.

"Ewwww daddy why are you so gross!" She threw a pillow at him. "Why are adults always so-?!"

"-and all the powers of HELL!"

Lian went pale when she saw the villainess suddenly transform into a gigantic dragon in a cloud of smoke and hellfire.

"So what?" Roy asked.

"Nothing." Lian quickly said as she started clinging to her dad's side.

"Pause it." Sooraya said.

"Where you going, babe?" Roy asked as his girlfriend got up.

"To get us some hot chocolate."

"She takes the little marshmallows with some cinnamon." Roy told her. Sooraya nodded, and kissed him before she left.

"... Thanks, daddy." Lian told her dad, clinging closer to him.

"Anytime, angel." Roy said as he put his arm around her.

[ September 28, 2010, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Sarcasm Kid ]

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.