Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » 2011 LMBP Portraits! (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: 2011 LMBP Portraits!
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
 -

"Made it, ma... top of the world!"

Sketchy, that... is... awesome!

Ex is rocking the herringbone, and the detail on the cityscape is just amazing. Thanks so much!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
That could SOOOOO be that kid grown up!
[LOL]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow--your talent is just awe-inspiring Dean! Maybe my favorite yet!

It totally fits my image of Ex!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
So glad you like!

The background was snagged off the net, and slightly manipulated to fit, so I can't take credit for that. I would have rendered my own, but I really liked what I found.

More coming probably later today.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

lancesrealm  -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

sir roy
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
so cool. Ex is very very cool!!

[Big Grin]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! I love it! Lance has a lance! haha! But..what in the world (or out of it) is that thing by me?!
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Love them both!

You totally nailed Sir Roy, Dean! I love it!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Faboo!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of nailing Sir Roy... yeah... that's nice...! [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Exnihil

Very nice work on both. Maybe it's a combination of the moustasche and the jawline, but the "Lance" pic just shouts "virility." I would not be at all surprised to find that he wears Old Spice. [Smile]

I do have a question on Sir Roy (which might be a little awkward given Lash's comment [Wink] ), but there is something in the eyebrows and the hairline that makes me have to ask: Sketchy... did you use a photo of yourself as the reference on that one?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Sketch Lad
Advisor

lancesrealm, I'm glad you like your character's portrait. The jacket and the creature at your side were both inspired by the character you mentioned when you gave me descriptions. It'll come to you.....

Thanks everyone for the comments about these. They are a lot of fun for me. I think of myself as an "okay" costume designer. I think I would be a good part of a team, when it comes to character design.

Exhinil, your question kinda cracks me up... but no, I didn't use any reference. Cobie said that he has a sort of Jo Nah look, so I went for that. Now I'm just all flattered that you would ask that... smiley smile smiles
(Yeah, I'm 44, trying to get in shape, and I will take any compliment from anyone anytime right now!)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Exnihil

quote:
Exnihil, your question kinda cracks me up... but no, I didn't use any reference

Just sent you a PM... I think your jaw will drop when you see. [Smile]

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
lancesrealm, I'm glad you like your character's portrait. The jacket and the creature at your side were both inspired by the character you mentioned when you gave me descriptions. It'll come to you.....

Ha! I didn't get it until you pointed it out. Just to let others in on the gag, I told Sketchy that I resembled Captain Kangaroo. (Not as old, not as portly, but with a mustache and a roundish face.) Um...does that mean the thing with me is a kind of Mr. Moose? Maybe I should be looking out for a rain of ping pong balls...
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.