Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Dear Question Lad (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dear Question Lad
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Authoer's Note: After hours of typing and losing data, I have decided to go with an easier way of getting across what happens to Question Lad aka Sebastian Sage after the Dark Oval stories. The first few letters will be by my own hand, but I hope in time that fans will submit their own.

Dear Sebastian,

Why did you fail to show up at the tennis match last Friday? We were very disappointed that you did not appear, especially on the day the Tezukaville Tigers won big.

P.S I got you the manga you requested.

~ T. K

Dear T.K,

I regret that I was busy with work. However, didn't it rain that day? I'm happy that Tezukaville was spared from the problems that plagued most of Legionworld.

Thank you for the manga. I hope there will be a LMB manga someday. I would read it unless they color my hair green.

Thanks,

Sebastian

Dear Question Lad,

Is it true that you and Emily are a couple? My sister says that you and Sam are a couple, but I don't believe that. My best friend says you should date Brittany.

Sincerely,

Ivana

Dear Ivana,

Emily and I are good friends and nothing more. We have too much in common to be a couple. Your sister is incorrect, Sam and I are not a couple. Brittany has never expressed any romantic interest in me, and I do not have any romantic interest in her. Things could change because we only met a week ago, but I think it is improbable. We have very different personalites.

Regards,

Question Lad

Dear Sebastian,

It took me weeks to find you address, but I managed to get ahold of it from a reliable source. When are you going to come home? I have the marriage contract ready for you to sign. I look forward to marriage with the most eligiable bachelor in Cervantes. I miss you deeply and am glad you survived the wars.

Love,

Urraca Silva

Dear Urraca,

I do not wish to marry you or anybody else. I never want to get married or even date, it's much too dangerous. I do not understand why girls like me so much. Furthermore, we cannot be married under Nasgerian law. Why don't you marry Hal Ferris or Miguel Aligheri?

~ Sebastian Sage

Dear Sebastian,

There are loopholes around the law, and after all judges are human too. You could always sell your property on Nasger and set up mining operations on Legionworld proper. You are more handsome than Hal and Miguel. We could live together comfortably for many years to come.

Love,

Urraca

[ August 23, 2011, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Sebastian Sage,

We are deeply sadden by the loss of General Velasquez in the conflict with the Raltveech Navy. The voice of the people is deeply sadden by as well by the death of his young godson, Tertullian Chavez. Among his belongings was a text about Sebastianism, connecting it to your person. It is because of the text that we reach out to you. The loss of General Velasquez has created a vacuum in Nasgerian politics. Those of his followers that did not follow him into battle have joined cartels or returned to their previous lives.

Would you consider a meeting with us? We must act in our own interest, so as not to be preyed upon by the stronger nations. Why, if they got their way Nasger and Raltvee would be one nation! Can you imagine that?

Sincerely,

Anonymous

Dear Anonymous,

I am merely a landowner. I do not have any political aspirations in the present. While I am familiar with Sebastianism, I do not know if I meet the qualifications. First of all, my background is dubious at best. Second of all, Sebastian is an extremely popular name in Nasger. Third of all, I have been on Legionworld for a few months now. I suggest that if you are unhappy with the present government to visit Legionworld.

Please do not respond to this letter.

Long Live the King,

Sebastian Sage

Dear Sebastian Sage,

We are pleased to see that you have expanded your business into Legionworld. With you there is hope that eventually we could get an exclusive trade agreement with Legionworld. As you may know, tension between Raltvee and our beloved system has increased tremendously. There may be a war and an embargo. As you know, in the event of an embargo, all neutral shipping will be searched. If Legionworld signs an exclusive trade agreement, it can afford any unnessecary searches. Please use your influence to prevent this from occuring. The Kingdom needs men like you in these difficult times.

Long Live the King,

Junior Secretary of External Trade Commission

Dear Junior Secretary,

I am merely a businessman seeking ways to help those less fortunate. My influence is not strong at all, but I am happy to obey the will of the Crown. The Raltveech will stay away as long as we stand firm.

Long Live the King,

Sebastian Sage

Dear Sebastian Sage,

We are happy to announce your induction into the Nasgerian Anthropology Society. Your admission fee shall go towards our new expedition in Lisbon, Portugal. We will be there for six days, exploring the land where the dream of our nation began.

Regards,

Vice-President Dennis Vega

Hand-written: By the way Sebastian, I think I found the Florentine Diamond. Please come home as soon as possible. ~ Carlos Aguirre

[ August 27, 2011, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Question Lad aka Sebastian Sage has went home to see to his company. He has more free time now as administrators do much of the company work. Please check the time difference between your location and Nasger before sending your e-mail.

Dear Question Lad,

I am curious as to what books you like to read? Did you ever read The Lord of the Rings?

Sincerely,

Areja

Dear Areja,

I never read The Lord of the Rings, the size of the books intimidate me. However, I am a big fan of C.S Lewis. I read all the Chronicles of Narnia when I was in elementary school. I had not looked at them for years until recent events jogged my memory. I got into cars and electronics around age ten and didn't read much fantasy in my spare time. I read the Screwtape Letters at age twelve, which is my favorite book by C.S Lewis. Last year I read The Great Divorce and Till We Have Faces.

I prefer short books that I can read quickly, which I guess explains why I like C.S Lewis. I read all of Rand's works when I was a teenager, but didn't follow her philosophy very well. I started reading The Prince but got disinterested halfway through. I also read magazines such as "Archeology Monthy" and economics magazines.

Thank you for the letter, you just reminded me that my e-reader broke a couple of days ago and I need to get a new one.

Regards,

Question Lad

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Dear Question Lad,

Why did you oppose Our Lord Below? He really meant the best for Legionworld. He told me you have some plans, but you are making up these plans as you go along. I don't really understand what that means, but I'm eager to do things for the benefit of Legionworld.

Sincerely,

Peter Mugwort

Dear Peter Mugwort,

I am devoted to the security of Legionworld. His plans did not make any sense whatsoever. You cannot force change upon individuals, individuals have to make choices that benefit themselves. He wanted to dominate Legionworld, not give it independence. Your Lord Below was simply too intelligent to be imprisoned. There was nothing we could do to hold him legally. Remember that he abandoned you for freedom on Earth, where we currently do not have an extradition treaty.

What is your current job? Do you have any friends that could help you?

Regards,

Question Lad

Dear Question Lad,

It is a pity you cannot understand what a mess our government currently is. I had steady employment as a servant in my Lord's household, and your government accuses him of being a crimelord! There was no evidence to hold him, so he left the planet which is what any reasonable man would do. All my friends, my co-workers, died in that catastrophe and I blame your employers for their deaths.

However, He told me that you were a prime candidate to replace poor Feldgrau. I know you are responsible for the Red Bee's defeat and that if you were in charge he would have been executed after his betrayel. I also know you have softened a bit after that experiance and am trying to find a balance. This is interesting to me, after all I majored in Political Science back at Cambridge.

Sincerely,

Peter Mugwort

Dear Peter Mugwort,

Your Lord forced young psychics such as yourself to work in his household. He erased your memories and made you a servant in order to have witnesses and decrease his chances of getting caught. Genetic information has connected all of your co-workers to missing persons cases. We harbor no ill feelings towards you and wish you the best.

I know you remember being expelled at Cambridge for "cheating" but I do not believe this story is true. However, I have a friend who is hiring workers in Charltonburg. I will put you in touch with him, an empath could be tremendously helpful in customer services.

Sincerely,

Question Lad

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Dear Question Lad,

I have been a fan for you since your first mini-series. Why is it contradicted later on? My brother says it is not in canon, but that is not true, is it? However, I am confused about what your actual hair-color is. Your first appearances place you firmly with dark-hair but other appearances have you as a blond. Why did this happen?

Regards,

Mary Ferreira

Dear Mary,

That mini-series is not canon. It was retconned out of continuity by threads in the MMB section. It was replaced by the origin one can access on the LMB Wiki. Take what is written their at face value though, some of it might be the memories of other people. The main thing you should understand is that I'm rich, cool, and fight crime.

My official hair color can be seen in the drawing Sketch Lad created for me. The author thought about making me a blond to contrast more with the other LMB males, but ultimately decided that my personality and clothes preferences differentiate me enough from them.

Sincerely,

Question Lad

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Question Lad,

What exactly has your role been with the Office of Security? It seems that you're part of it, yet you don't seem to be listed in the official rolls. I'm just curious, are you a super-secret agent or something?

Regards,

A Fan

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Dear A Fan,

There are official rolls? Who is on the official rolls then if I am not? If I am not in the official rolls, then how could Dev make me in charge during his absence? How could I be constantly disappointed by the state of security systems on Legionworld?

I have recently worked with the Charltonburg police department on crimes ranging from petty theft to homicide. I started in a position similar to that of an auditor under Lard Lad. Under his leadership I was primarily concerned with internal law and order. Most of the work was not exciting spy work, a lot of what I did would be considered office work. Don't believe what you see in the movies. However, LWIRS gave me a nice plaque for helping them catch tax dodgers.

Where did you get the idea that I am a super-agent?

Thank you for your information. Please continue to write, because it seems the intelligence I have been receiving does not match your own.

Regards,

Question Lad

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Dear Question Lad,

It seems like you have had a colorful life. How did you come to be a part of Legion World? What events led you here?

Sincerely,

Nosy Dude

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Dear Invisible Brainiac,

The events that led me here are very hard to explain. I have been using my powers since I first got them, which is the ability to absorb powers, skills and memories. Some events may not be my own. However, I can easily explain how I came to Legionworld.I have been living rather selfishly and I saw the LMB as an opportunity to do good.

Lard Lad told me he admired my moral character. That would be awesome if that were true. I know that people want to be my friend simply because of my powers. But I won't stand for that anymore. Other people can be pawns, I will own myself.

May I ask how you came to Legionworld?

Sincerely,

Question Lad

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Dear Question Lad,

That's quite an interesting story. I look forward to your good works here on Legion World.

Thanks for turning this into a regular correspondence.

I'd like to refer you to the Written History of the LMBP.

I first came to know the LMBP during the events known as LMB Lost. I was observing them invisibly while they fought against the Naturals and the Anti-Moderator, too shy to really join them. I followed them while they were on the run and until they reached Legion World.

After observing them invisibly for a while, and convincing myself that they were honorable people, I finally revealed myself a few months after Legion World was populated.

My powers made many of the others wary of me at first, but I gradually gained their trust. Cobalt Kid and the Office of Security, in particular, helped me feel at home. Legion World has been my home ever since; though I've been absent at times, I've always come back.

You seem like a very talented person - you have great power and intelligence. What role do you see yourself playing on Legion World in years to come?

Sincerely,

Invisible Brainiac

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Dear Invisible Brainiac,

Thank you for the thread. Do you know about the fourth wall then? I believe I have a connection to it. Emily often asks me if my mother was a Wilson, but I don't think so. I remember my mother's name was Inacia and she died of yellow fever when I was a child.

Some of my future depends on where I go with my investments. I own a mineral company and we could possibly expand production on Legion World. The problem is my government keeps a close watch on the mining industry because it is a vital part of our economy.

On one hand, it is not necessary for me to expand production on Legion World and the taxes are significantly higher. On the other hand, Legion World is geographically perfect for distribution and there is virtually no competition on planet.

That is interesting that you say that about Cobalt Kid. I don't understand his actions, they appear to me to lack motivation. You have known him longer, do you have any idea where he is going?

Sincerely,

Question Lad

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Dear Question Lad,

Yes, I've heard of breaking the fourth wall, but the cosmic implications make me shy away from it.

What type of minerals do you mine? I'm sure there are some exotic ones not found anywhere else in the galaxy, especially since you say there is virtually no competition. Or perhaps I'm just unfamiliar with trade on Legion World, and this means there are no others exporting to here?

Cobalt Kid has left the Office of the Security in the hands of some of his officers, as he's working on something else now. I can't say much, you understand, but it will all bear fruit soon. One thing about Cobalt Kid - he may appear to lack motivation, but that is never the case.

You appear to be well-traveled, as well. What is your favorite place here on Legion World?

Yours,

Invisible Brainiac

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Dear Invisible Brainiac,

I mine gold and diamonds. I have looked at the mining industry, and there are only maybe two companies currently mining these on Legion World. I think it has to do with Legion World's rapid population fluctuations and super-villains.

I have set up an office on Legion World, mostly for a call-center and customer services though. Do you think there is enough demand for export?

The majority of the mining seems to be copper, iron, and other metals more useful to industry. Those companies sell mostly off-world to planets that have military needs.

I really like Charltonburg, which is a suburb 40 miles away from Legionopolis. The best restaurant there is Bullseyes. The taxes are much lower so I put an office there. I like how the skies are pink on some nights. Some people complain about the crime rate, but the police department is competent.

What is your favorite place on Legion World?

Regards,

Question Lad

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Dear Question Lad,

From what I know of the nearby worlds, there will definitely be enough demand. Sentients just love shiny things. That includes many of the citizens on Legion World.

The LMBPers are a different matter altogether, though. Most of us prefer to live for experiences than for material goods.

Charltonburg is wonderful, I like visiting there on weekends. It's quite easy with my light powers.

My favorite is Aseana. It's a recreation of the best cities and places from Southeast Asia, on Earth. I hail from there, and it reminds me of home. The food is authentic, and the miniature recreations of places like Angkor Wat or the Tubbataha Reefs are breathtaking.

Nothing beats the real deal, though. Have you been there before? I will probably visit again later this year.

Regards,

Invisible Brainiac

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Dear Invisible Brainiac,

The shareholders will be pleased to hear that! I see a bright future in Legion World due to it's geopolitical location. The situation between my home government and our rivals looks pretty grim.

I think I will set up a distribution department and begin exportation to Legion World. However, I wish Legion World had a navy because I am concerned about piracy. Why don't we have armed forces? If we must remain neutral in war, why not have a policy of armed neutrality?

On that note, I want to move out of the Office of Security. I want to purchase a condiminium in Charltonburg because my company requires much of my attention at this time. Do you know of any good locations?

Come to think of it, that might be why I got took off the roster rolls.

That sounds like an interesting place to visit!
Please tell me when you are visiting Southeast Asia. I have recently came back from a trip to Lisbon, Portugal. It was really neat to see all the architecture.

Regards,

Question Lad

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.