Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Post Zero Hour Fan Fiction (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Post Zero Hour Fan Fiction
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Nice continued comparison between the Legion's old world and the new one. And thanks for the credits, Omni. I remember we were talking about these topics before [Smile]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
yeah? do you think there are too many? i'm trying to make it accessible to anyone, whether familiar with the pzh legion or not.. and sometimes i feel like i over do it.

of course! i've gotta give credit where credit is do.

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

As this continued the others began to look around the office. Ferro found his way over to a console near the left side wall of the office. Ferro slowly glided his hand over the glass surface. His light touch lit up the panels and slowly the wall started to slide away. When Ferro looked up he jumped back slightly. Rond finally noticed that the wall had moved. He ran over to it and as quickly as it opened he shut it up again.
“Don't touch that!” Rond quickly pushed Ferro out of the way.
“I..I..I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt anything!”
“I'm sorry. Its just this is very special and temperamental machinery. Stroke the wrong screen and you could do some very serious damage.”
“I'm sorry but is that... a time platform? Brainy asked as he took a quick look into the room that was sliding behind the wall again.
“I don't know what your talking about.” Rond finished closing the wall.
“I pretty sure that was a time platform. I've designed something myself, through my own studies much like that...”Brainy was trying to gage Rond's reaction. But his face didn't betray anything.
“Oh? You've done experiments with time travel? As in actual physical movement through space and time?” Rond was now returning Briany's gaze fiercely behind his violet colored spectacles.
Brainy had to resist the urge to be boastful about his accomplishments. “I said I designed one. Doesn't mean that I've actually made said design. So it would still be in the theoretical stage.”
“I see.” Rond's calmer exterior returned. “We'll I assure you it is not a time platform. It is merely a new form of 3 denominational virtual reality History Viewer. But its highly unstable at the present time. The sensory tend to go for everyone in the room instead of just on those who are on the holo pad. It also tends to leave them blind for three days.” Rond returns his gaze to his omnicom.

“I see.” Brainy said.

The two were at a stalemate. Neither willing to give you their trade secret. Briany knew that was a time plateform. But he knew he couldn't push any further or else he would rouse more suspicion from Rond.
“I'll be in contact. We can discuss our theories.”
“Yes please do.”

--------------------

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Whoa, will time travel help THIS Legion find their way home?

Re number of characters, not really. I think you can manage to balance them. Maybe a cast list on the first page would help, though?

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

The Legionnaires all began to leave as Rond guided them towards the door. Rond said mainly pleasantries about how nice it was to meet them and he can't wait to inform them more about his latest findings on his feed, but each of them felt just a little bit more lost after this meeting. Even though Brainy has said it was a theory, they all had secret hopes that he really would try to find away to return them to their real home. As they reentered the white hallway and as Rond's door shut they were all back in the void again. With nothing but the ever vast whiteness and each other. Andromeda slowly curled her hand into Brainy's as she hung her head in despair. Brainy was surprised by this sign of affection. It had been a long time since he had any feelings for Andromeda. But it was a nice familiar feeling. They made their way out down the hall and into the lift tube. As they left, and walked back into the world the sun shined on their faces and each of them still hung their heads a little. But as they looked up they saw some familiar faces heading their way.

“Hey any luck?” Chameleon yelled down to them as him, Kid Quantum and Dreamer landed.
“Yes and no...” Brainy said as he slowly let go of Andromeda's hand and returned to his omnicom.
“Care to explain?” Kid Quantum asked.
“Well... the time institute has time viewing capabilities.. but no funding really and seems the U.P. Has begun the process shutting it down. Also they don't call thresholds, thresholds but are called slipstream...which makes me wonder if they do have actual threshold technology or just a different version of stargate technology.” Brainy said irritably.
“OK, so that throws off a few plans, but I’m sure its all adjustable. Right Brainy?” Dreamer asked. Her tone was as light as it could be.
“I suppose so. I'll need to look into this slipstream technology...but apparently its very new and very elite. Let me see what I can access....”Brainy began searching the U.P. Data banks.

“How did checking Starboy into the hospital go?” Ferro asked.
“As good as can be expected.” Kid Quantum said as she flashed dagger eyes at Brainy.
“That's good. At least there's some good news today.” Cosmic Boy said.
“We'll...we've got some other news...”Chameleon said as he looked back and forth at Kid Quantum and Dreamer.
“I'm not sure we should talk about that just yet...”Kid Quantum urged.
“Talk about what?” Umbra asked skeptically.
“I had a vision, of Thom being better and a cadet...but it was while fighting Mordue...”
“Mordue is here? Umbra's voice was filled with shock and a little fear.
“Yes, but I think that's something we can wait for now. Thom was in the vision, so it could be a ways off.” Dreamer chimed in.
“But it could be sooner than we think. Its something we'll have to keep an eye on.” Cosmic Boy said. He wasn't around for the battle with Mordue but he read the case files and knew how much trouble they could be in with him around.
“Yes, agreed. Lets refocus. I've got the slipstream plans. It is stargate technology. And its patented and owned by Brande Industries as well. I'll send instructions to Triad's team to procure the design and maybe a functional ship. I'll just wire a few more credits into the account. Also I’ll send material instruction for Chuck to gather to build a thresholds drive/gate. I'll just have to make it before I go. I've got time...” Brainy said as he transferred more credits and updated his list of to dos.

“Alright, so we've got to obtain a stargate ship, as well as I have to build a Threshold gate for everyone to use... this actually may allow me to come back and help a bit more than I originally thought or planned...I think I’ll actually have our rings be the threshold activators...”
“But Brainy what about Shikari? With her missing we can't navigate the thresholds properly.” Dreamer said.
“I'll have to work on that. But I can at least complete the drive and gate before I leave.” Brainy's attention was still on his omnicom.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Would love to see the Legion fight this Mordru again. I'm glad they have relative freedom despite being "registered" into the system!

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

Thanks Ib! But once they enter the special unit, that could all changed....

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

Mission # 3: Brande Industries (Team: Spark, Triad, Invisible Kid, Sensor.)

Triad led the team to Brande Industries, flying in a diamond shaped pattern. They weaved their way around hover cars elegantly. This team flew well as a team; in sync with each other. They were on a mission. As much as Triad wanted to split herself apart she tried her best to stay merged. She knew them flying was enough of a spectral and Sensor using her powers to keep them hidden was hard enough. She couldn't give Sensor more bodies to conceal.

“Triad I’m excited to see R.J! I can't wait to just give him a big old hug!” Orange Triad exclaimed in her mind.
“Sister, we can't do that. He doesn't know us in the reality remember.” Purple Triad said discouragingly.
“He may not know us but we know him and him being alive and well is all that I need, right now.” Triad neutral said.

“So... what are we gonna say? I mean are we just going to walk up in there as if we belong there?” Spark said as she interrupted Triad's inner monologue.

“We just have to get in the door long enough to get Lyle in there.” Triad said.
“Didn't Brainy say he made an appointment?” Sensor asked.
“He did. But I still don't know what we'll say to get in there.” Invisible Kid said.

“Beep....Beep....Beep....” Invisible Kid's extra omnicom began to go off.

“And looks like we just got our answer.” Invisible Kid said as he took it out from his utility belt.

“Dear Lyle,
The update of our situation is as both good and bad. We've discovered that the Time Institute is barely functional and pretty much nothing more than a Museum... but I'm thinking we need to keep an eye on it as Rond I think is hiding something.

Next there is no threshold technology. Their “slipstream” technology is actually stargate technology. What I thought was in the drones was just personalized stargate drives. Which brings me to my next point. While you are there you will purchase a ship. That is what's getting you in the door, as well as my name. Inform Triad that she is to accept a file on my behalf. Also, don't worry about the credits for the ship; Use your new I.D. To access the group account and your individual accounts, if you so desire anything while your out. While your in Brande Industries, get as many plans as you can on some of their latest projects. They may have something I can tinker with to get us home. Also find out if maybe he could use a security force or something, to hire some of our teammates. Some of them are getting a bit edgy. It will also help get some more credits to live off of.

Also, I’ll be constructing a threshold gate here for the headquarters. The gate until we find Shikari and Timber Wolf, will be merely decoration. Also, its been decided that due to her rather unstable condition, that Andromeda will be accompanying me to Colu. We had an incident before we arrived at the Time Institute. It seems the nano bot technology is attacking her. I've managed to stabilize her enough but she still could relapse and so I need to study her... I mean the situation more. Keep be updated on anything you find.

Brainy.

“Well, that was rather informative.” Invisible Kid said as he handed Triad the omni come for her to read.

“How will I get the file? Briany took all of our omnicoms to make a “computer”.
“You can take this one. I've got one more in my belt. The latest one Brainy and I were working on before the fatal 500 ordeal and what ever that can't hold I’m sure I can load up to my ring and send it to the omnicoms back at base. It was an upgrade Brainy worked into the rings when we reorganized.”

“You know I forgot all about that function of our rings.” Spark said as they all returned to flying on in their diamond formation.
“Well updates were often with Briany and Lyle.” Sensor quipped.
“It just seems like every time we think we have a plan it seems to change.”
“Spark...Alya I know its been hard but we'll get through.” Sensor said as she closed ranks with Spark.

“We'll get me in and I’ll do as much digging as I can. Meanwhile, I think it be best if you just stuck with buying a cruiser with a stargate drive.” Invisible kid said as he took a sharp right turn around a large vid screen, that had been burned out. Turns out they were already really close to Brande Industries and that burnt out screen was from their earlier altercation with the drones.

“Were here guys. Every body get ready for this.” Invisible Kid said as he looked at Triad. He knew she might have the hardest time with this. Its like seeing your parents again after you thought they were dead.

“As ready as I'll ever be.” said Triad.
“You might want to get out of sight Lyle before we get in front of any security cameras.” Spark said.

“Good point.” Instantly Invisible Kid did his name justice and faded away from sight.

The four of them touched down directly in front of Brande Industries. The area looked like many of the other business offices in the area, a tall building, that stretched high into the metropolis sky. The building was a dark gray with large windows in the front hall and smaller window's in rows of three.

“This place looks a lot different here.” Triad said as she hugged herself. The building that she had practically called home no longer looked like home. It had been years since she really called it home anyway. But at least back in her old reality she could always visit and it still felt like home. This place felt like nothing. It just felt like another office building.

“We'll everything is going to be dear. It is a different reality after all.” Sensor said as she placed her slender beige arm around Triad's shoulder. Sensor was still getting used to having actual arms. Even after all this time she still wasn't always sure what to do with them. But in moments of comforting they sure came in handy.

They moved forward entering the large main foyer Invisible Kid staying close to Sensor. The large windows allowed for so much light and compared to the outside of the building it was much cheerier inside. High ceilings with large dangling light fixtures. The lights themselves weren't on but there were small crystals hanging down that caught the light from the windows and created various mini rainbows around the room. In the center of the room was a large oval iridescent blue desk. Sitting at the desk was a something they hadn't seen much of since they arrived here, a non-humanoid sentient being. As they approached they saw a slender blue and green woman sitting at the desk. She had scales for skin and he skin like the desk was iridescent; changing with every slight movement. She had no real hair but a Mohawk of purple fines that went down her back. Her eyes bulged slightly and were a pale green and her lips were the same color. She had no arms but long fins that flowed about her. As they got closer to the desk they saw that it was surrounded by a small bubble and that it was filled with water. That was how her fins were flowing so freely.

“Welcome to Brande Industries. I'm Leka Flown. How may I help you today?” came a soft telepathic voice in the legionnaires heads.
“Thank you, I'm Luornu Durgo. We have an appointment with Marla. It was made by my associate Brainiac 5. “ even though she was more nervous than she had been in a while, but her professionalism showed through. She knew she was made for this kind of life. Every part of her felt fulfilled being the business woman, just as she felt fulfilled being a legionnaire.

“Ah yes. I have your appointment right here. Mr. Brainiac will not be joining you I take it?”
“No he couldn't make it and sent us in his stead. I believe he sent a message about having to send us in his stead.” Triad continued on as the other stayed silent.

“Sensor can you make sure I’m not detected telepathically by the receptionist.” Invisible Kid asked.
“Sure. I can cloak you from her.”

“Ah yes I see that note here. Please take the jump tube up to the top floor. Mr. Marla's office is the one to the right.”

They all walked over to the jump tube. Each one entering after the other. They hoped that the tube wouldn't activate when Lyle entered and he could just use his flight ring to fly with them. Triad entered first, followed by Spark and then Sensor. Invisible Kid stood there for a second before realizing that the jump tube would automatically activate. Luckily Sensor's tail hadn't fully entered the tube yet. Quickly Invisible Kid grabbed her tail and as she shot up into the tube Invisible Kid was pulled along with her.

“Quick thinking Kid!” Spark thought to him over their telepathic earplug link.
“Thanks Ayla. Alright...everyone Brainy just beeped me some more info. He's given me the schematics to this building. I've getting off about now! Good luck! He thought to everyone as he let go of Sensor's tail and jumped out of the jump tube on to the 23 floor.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Sensor certainly seems to have mellowed down. Like the way you write the camaraderie between the Legionnaires.

I'd like to see a "Who's Where" type post so we can keep track of who's gone where! Loving the little subteam groupings.

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

thanks IB! i think that is one of the things that needs to be shown more and that was what the early Reboot legion and even the Threeboot were good for.

i'll def do a recap page soon. i just want to get past this section.

Lol. yeah she has. but you know what i figure she can't be angry forever!

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.