Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Road Trip OCC Thread (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Road Trip OCC Thread
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
OCC or out of character context is the term for discussing the direction this story will go. This thread is for planning, plotting, and talking out of character. The goal of this thread is to provide an accessible source of communication for all contributors. We need to discuss a few things before we begin writing the story.

1. We need to know who is contributing or is willing to lend us your characters for use in our stories. After we get a count of the players we may need basic information about your characters.

2. Please submit ideas for where your characters would like to travel. For example, Question Lad would like to travel to Brazil.

3. Rules- Please follow all the rules of this forum when contributing to the story. The tone of this story will be that of animation. Movies such as Mulan, Anastasia, and The Road to El Dorado give an idea of how I want this to be carried out. What we are aiming for here is quality, so as a group we will be creating specific rules for this story. For example, it will be against the rules of this thread to kill other players characters without their permission.

Please submit any questions, comments, or concerns to this thread.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
For #2, Invisible Brainiac would love to tour Southeast Asia. Cambodia, Thailand, and of course the Philippines.

And if there's time, a side trip to Nepal!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I guess we should decide how many playable characters each writer is allowed to have. I am thinking a maximum of two characters per each writer, excluding of course characters created by the group as a whole.

What are your thoughts?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Is this intended to be a Roleplay or a tag team thread? Interesting concept!

It sounds like this will be on Earth, which makes sense now that trade with Earth has opened up following 'the Gold Watch'. Those that have never been or haven't been there in awhile might like to see it.

Let me think about a character I'd want in the story. With Novella so intense, I'm not sure it would be good to commit Cobalt or Lolita right now, even though it sounds like a fun idea for Cobie. Luckily I have dozens of other Alts and Gen-Cars in my arsenal.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angdar Fel
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angdar Fel   Email Angdar Fel         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm in. Not looking to go anywhere in particular, since this is my first time to Earth...anywhere will be interesting and exciting.
Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

I am glad to see other participants!

We will probably be starting the trip in Fawcett City. The Sivana Family name has a lot of power behind it, and Emily is going to use it to her advantage on this trip. Even if that means visiting her crazy family.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

This is going to be fun. After the list of real world places is up, I can provide some background on each. We can tweak that info to fit the LMB universe.

For that matter, given the abilities of IB, Emily Sivana and Question Lad, we can insert places as we go along and it would still make sense in-story.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

As of now, this is the current list of places. For now they will be in alphabetical order, not in the order we are visiting. After the dashes are specific sites in that location that are of interest.

The List of Real World Places
Brazil- city of Belem, Amazon River, city of Manaus
Cambodia- (Please fill in Invisible Brainiac)
Ecuador- Vilcabamba, legendary lost city of the Incas
Nepal- (Please fill in Invisible Brainiac)
Philippines-(Please fill in Invisible Brainiac)
Thailand- (Please fill in Invisible Brainiac)

The List of Fictional Places- These are find as long as you can provide a link to existing information about the location.

Fawcett City, Wisconsin, USA- To get appropriate visas thanks to the Sivana Family. You get to explore the beautiful town of Fawcett City.
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Fawcett_City

[ October 21, 2011, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Cambodia- The Angkor Temple Complex
Nepal- ancient city of Bhaktapur in the Kathmandu Valley; the Himalayas
Philippines- the Banaue Rice Terraces, the Puerto Prinsesa Subterranean River, the Tubbataha Reefs Marine Park
Thailand- the ruins of Ayutthaya
Peru - Machu Picchu
China - the Forbidden City; the Great Wall

The List of Fictional Places- These are find as long as you can provide a link to existing information about the location.

Fawcett City, Wisconsin, USA- To get appropriate visas thanks to the Sivana Family. You get to explore the beautiful town of Fawcett City.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I wonder if we can do something with this list of places. Like, maybe the gang starts out on a normal road trip, but along the way discover a puzzle to solve. Maybe it can be as simple as collecting an item from each location.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

I like the idea of a scavenger hunt. I hope to provide some exciting subplots. If we start out a normal road trip, is there any other North American city, real or fictional, that someone would like to visit?

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Thanks, and thanks for creating the list.

Hmm, if we go through America first, how about:

Peru - Machu Picchu
Philippines- the Banaue Rice Terraces, the Puerto Prinsesa Subterranean River, the Tubbataha Reefs Marine Park
USA - Las Vegas, New York, the Grand Canyon, Florida

--------------------

Angdar Fel
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angdar Fel   Email Angdar Fel         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Angdar would like to visit Egypt and the Great Pyramids. Seems appropriate.
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Egypt- Great Pyramids
Peru - Machu Picchu
USA - Las Vegas, New York, the Grand Canyon, Florida

The List of Fictional Places- These are fine as long as you can provide a link to existing information about the location.

As of now we have a total of ten nations and over a dozen locations of interest.

--------------------

Angdar Fel
Applicant

That seems like more than enough.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.