Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Road Trip OCC Thread (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Road Trip OCC Thread
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I understand, I've been unusually lenient with punctuality for this story because of time zone differences. I also understand people are busy because of Halloween, but in a couple of days I would like to see some more progress.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Not sure I get this whole Tournament/stat stuff...

Busy tonight with Halloween and the kids, plus a funeral home visit.

Will try to get something up tomorrow, but no guarantees.

Not 100% sure what is really happening at this point...

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
I understand, I've been unusually lenient with punctuality for this story because of time zone differences. I also understand people are busy because of Halloween, but in a couple of days I would like to see some more progress.

Is there a particular time table you have in mind, Emily? I'm not aware of any, but I'm sure the four of us can make an arrangement that would allow the story to flow at the pace you want it to.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

By the way, would you all want to meet up at the Floating Garden? I've set it up so that IB can meet up with the others there; or IB can also head to the Railway Tunnel by himself.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Angdar is there as well right now, so they can meet up at any time now.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Since everyone is curious, I may be under time constraints because I may be returning to China in February. I would be studying abroad until June.I am unsure if you can access Legion World in Mainland China. If anyone knows please tell me so I don't worry about the commitments I made to this website.

Therefore, I would like to finish this story by January 31st.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:

Hope that's not directed at me, Emily. I try to post when I can, but I make no committments to get something up by any date in particular. I'm just too busy with real life: work is crazy and my wife is due any day now with our second baby.

If you're worried that I can't get posts up by a certain time, I'll bow out of the roleplay if that's a major concern. Otherwise, I really just intended to throw a post in here and there with no real agenda. My character is more of a supporting character in this story than a main one.

Let me know what you think.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Emily, I know there are ways to access the Internet on mainland China. I do understand that you want to finish the story before you go, though.

The only reason I can post as often as I do now is because of my current job. I may be leaving it for another one in December.

If you want, I'm willing to set up a timetable that I can try to adhere to. I'd originally just intended to post as I can, but I'm willing to work something out so we can finish. I find the Road Trip thread very enjoyable and wouldn't want to bow out either.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Let us not talk about bowing out of anything just yet. I think what is going on is a clash of styles. I have participated in and ran RPG forums and Tournaments with a great deal of structure, and this website is very different.

I tend to feel uncomfortable writing other players characters because on other forums it was against the rules unless the player gave you permission. I'm trying to get over it, but it will take some time because that rule is so common on RPG forums that it is in my subconscious. I worry about writing characters wrong and people getting upset at me.

I want to thank Invisible Brainiac for putting up with my wants and uncertainties. He is far more creative than I will ever be, and this is going smoothly due to his efforts.

I think we should continue the way things are and do a progress evaluation around New Years. It is fully possible that we could accomplish a great deal more than we expect to and the setting of due dates could be rendered unnecessary.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Emily, this might be helpful to you when you go to China: http://www.chinatravel.net/forum/Internet-access-in-China-proxies-VPNs-and-other-solutions/3430.html

I have some friends there right now; I'll ask them how they manage to access Facebook and other sites.

I'm glad I'm being a big help to you, Emily. Honestly, I don't have any problem with the clash of styles [Smile] I find it refreshing that you're taking this so seriously, and you have certainly given me a lot of ideas on writing. As far as creativity goes, just the fact that you've been bringing up issues such as social status on Legion World is highly creative in my book.

I also think the four of us are making a great team so far. I'd certainly feel that the quality of our story will suffer if even one of us bows out.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Yes, I have been trying to pin down what makes Legion World work. Sebastian reflects a lot of my subconscious thoughts. He's from a society modeled on the days Portugal and Spain were in a Golden Age because I created him while writing a research paper about colonial Brazil.

I like how Invisible Brainiac and Question Lad are very different,it has shades of Superman and Batman.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Since it is Invisible Brainiac's birthday, I think it is time to have a little fun. I want to put together a suggested playlist for our Road Trip. Don't put too much effort into this, just think of songs that can fit specific locations, people, and/or events. I can't think of anything specific yet, but I will probably stick to songs related to animation and Internet parodies.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Hi Emily,

Love how Question Lad reflects a different age. And yeah, the story potential between him and IB is great!

Thanks for celebrating my birthday with the songs [Wink] Hm... Are you going to be uploading music?

Here are some right off the bat:

Beautiful Day, U2
Our Lives, the Calling
Raise Your Glass, Pink
At the Beginning, Anastasia soundtrack

and why not a parody of Rebecca Black's Friday?

Additional animation song: how about the opening song of Disney's Beauty and the Beast, and also Disney's Aladdin's I Can Show You the World?

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

By the way, would you like me to continue from where you left off on Road Trip? Or would you like to go ahead and write the tournament portion? I'm sure you can handle IB well.

I'd be glad to help, but I'm not quite sure how the Tournament portion will run. And I honestly would love to see how you write IB. [Smile]

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

I will go ahead and write the next part. I have already did the statistical work that is the basis of that story part.

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.