Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Road Trip OCC Thread (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Road Trip OCC Thread
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Angdar. I think we can form the plot and have something up and running soon. I thank everyone for their active participation and hope it continues.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Would anyone mind if I used a brand new character for this? I have several I've wanted to use for awhile but haven't had the chance to use yet.

I have a huge backstory and fully realized personality quirks but have just never introduced the character before, even though he's kind of been in the background in Cobie's stories for years.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
I agree with Angdar. I think we can form the plot and have something up and running soon. I thank everyone for their active participation and hope it continues.

I agree. Though would anyone mind if our itinerary grows as we go along?

Now for the plot: the road trip is easy enough to set up. But how do we steer the characters towards a scavenger hunt thing?

Maybe in Vegas, our merry band of adventurers can encounter a fortune teller who sets the whole thing off.

What's the rationale though? Why would everyone go on a scavenger hunt?

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Would anyone mind if I used a brand new character for this? I have several I've wanted to use for awhile but haven't had the chance to use yet.

I have a huge backstory and fully realized personality quirks but have just never introduced the character before, even though he's kind of been in the background in Cobie's stories for years.

Would love to read about your new character, Cobie [Wink]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Well, Earth has been at odds with the UP for years. Very recently, because of Cobie and Timberwolf, some spy games engineered the downfall of Earth's major coporations and the common people regaining the power there. This was in my onevision "the Gold Watch". I know I plan to follow up on some socio-economic specifics but the gist of it is Earth is now opened up to the UP for the first time in 8 years. Trade is resuming and it may soon rejoin the UP. Many sentients from all over the galaxies want to visit there to 'see' it; afterall, it is one of the mother planets of civilization.

For the LMB, the impetus may be some want to see it or the first time or go back to it for the first time in years. That's an innocent enough explanation.

Of course, there may be more specific reasons the individuals on the road trip may have for going. For my character, I'd say maybe Cobie personally asked IB if his "friend" could tag along as a personal favor, without explaining why.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Angdar will definitely have reasons for wanting to go with them once he hears that they are going to Earth. Something to do with The Legend of the Hawkman from Thanagar.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:

Maybe in Vegas, our merry band of adventurers can encounter a fortune teller who sets the whole thing off.

Maybe we could make it a subplot instead, Egypt being the most obvious place that comes to mind. We can easily incorporate bits other genres to make this more interesting. I am considering incorporating some Tournament aspects into this because they are fun.

On that note, I guess it's time to start posting character bios.

Main Character #1: Emily Sivana
Codename (s): Red Arrow
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Relations: Justin Sivana (father), Alison Knight (deceased), Alexander Sivana (paternal uncle), Venus Sivana (paternal aunt), countless extended family members.
Superpowers: No natural superpowers, but knows the equation that grants intangibility which her family typically uses to walk through walls.
Weapons: Traditionally a bow and arrow
Fighting Classification: Dual Class Street-leveler/Scientist
Statistical Base: 20 (Choose a number between 1 and 10 and multiply that by your character's power. A normal human civilian's base would be 10, a New God's would be 100)
Intelligence Stat Base: 40 (Choose a number between 1 and ten and multiply that by your character's power. A normal human civilian's intelligence is 10 and a Celestial's would be 100)

Main Character #2: Sebastian Sage
Codename(s): Question Lad
Hair: Dark
Eyes: Brown
Relations: Unknown, lots of rumors
Superpowers: The ability to absorb the powers, skills, and memories of organic beings by touch. His power is more effective on humanoids than non-humanoids. Too many memories can cause migraines.
Weapons: N/A
Fighting Classification: Energy Absorber (aka Sponge)
Statistical Base: 30 when at base potential, gains points when he absorbs others.
Intelligence Stat Base: 20

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angdar Fel
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angdar Fel   Email Angdar Fel         Edit/Delete Post     
Main Character #1: Angdar Fel
Codename (s):
Relations: Parents (Deceased), Brother (Deceased)
Superpowers: Flight, but way of natural wings. Enhanced strength, durability.
Weapons: Melee weapons crafted from Thanagarian Nth metal (their use, and why others have a next to impossible time using them properly will be explained.)
Fighting Classification: Flyer, Brawler. (Think of a teenage Hawkman with something to prove.)

Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angdar Fel
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angdar Fel   Email Angdar Fel         Edit/Delete Post     
As far as the stats thing...no real idea.
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

I think your character would have a statistical base of 40 because he has super-strength and can fly. If his intelligence is average, then he would have an Intelligence Stat Base of 10.

--------------------

Angdar Fel
Applicant

Probably more like 13/14, as he had to be above average intelligence to get into the Wingmen training on Thanagar. By no means a genius or anything, just a bit smarter than average.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Main Character: Renly Fox
Codename(s): Unknown (for now)
Hair: Brown, curly. Has thin moustache and pointy beard on his chin only (looking like Errol Flynn / Oliver Queen).
Eyes: Green
Relations: Unknown
Superpowers: Believed to be none (remains ambiguous however)
Weapons: blaster (gun),
rapier (sword), dagger, various tools
Fighting Classification: Duel class, street-leveler / unknown
Statistical Base: 20
Intelligence Stat Base: 40

Note, that Renly's story will become clearer as the story goes on. Until then most of this remains a mystery.

I have no intention of having the character battle anyone tournament style as that does not fit his personality.

All that is known is Cobalt told Invisible Brainiac this was an old friend that 'would love to see Earth' and is a 'spice merchant', though the last bit was clearly a lie by Cobalt told with the intent that IB would know it was a lie. Renly also seems to have a firm understanding of space travel and cosmic geography. His age is a little unclear but he is at least forty.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:

For the LMB, the impetus may be some want to see it or the first time or go back to it for the first time in years. That's an innocent enough explanation.

Of course, there may be more specific reasons the individuals on the road trip may have for going. For my character, I'd say maybe Cobie personally asked IB if his "friend" could tag along as a personal favor, without explaining why.

I like this idea. That also saves us the time and effort of coming up with a rationale for the scavenger hunt.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:

Maybe we could make it a subplot instead, Egypt being the most obvious place that comes to mind. We can easily incorporate bits other genres to make this more interesting. I am considering incorporating some Tournament aspects into this because they are fun.

Emily, maybe we could make this a subplot between Emily, Sebastian and Invisible Brainiac.

IB is an Earth native, and he'd volunteer for the mission because he's always wanted to return to Earth and experience it. He has a bucket list of must-see places.

For the Tournament style aspect, how about when the LMBers start their road trip, they are seen by an enemy of the LMB? Or perhaps even an Earth native who recognizes them, and fears they're on a fact-finding mission that will lead to an LMB invasion of Earth.

Some Earth groups could then activate agents who are to engage and capture the LMB.

We could drop the Scavenger Hunt subplot, but still retain numerous battles in order to have a more relaxed feel to the story.

Maybe towards the middle, the LMBers capture one of their attackers, realize what has happened, and confront the persons behind these attacks to explain their situation and get them to back off.

What do you think?

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Compiling the character bios into one post:

Invisible Brainiac
Eyes: Dark Brown
Hair: Dark Brown
Superpowers: Light powers. Can split into seven light forms; flight; light constructs, visual illusions. See IB's LMB Wiki entry for more detailed info.
Weapons: Has some skill with throwing knives and the quarterstaff, but rarely uses them.
Fighting classification: Energy Caster, I guess. But IB prefers to use unarmed self-defense tactics and uses his light powers to evade and disable opponents (i.e. blind them), rather than seriously hurt them.
Statistical base: 50? IB's pretty powerful, but haven't really determined his power levels yet.
Intelligence: 40 (name is misleading, as IB isn't THAT smart. His intelligence is more of maturity and people skills).

quote:

Main Character #1: Emily Sivana
Codename (s): Red Arrow
Relations: Justin Sivana (father), Alison Knight (deceased), Alexander Sivana (paternal uncle), Venus Sivana (paternal aunt), countless extended family members.
Superpowers: No natural superpowers, but knows the equation that grants intangibility which her family typically uses to walk through walls.
Weapons: Traditionally a bow and arrow
Fighting Classification: Dual Class Street-leveler/Scientist
Statistical Base: 20 (Choose a number between 1 and 10 and multiply that by your character's power. A normal human civilian's base would be 10, a New God's would be 100)
Intelligence Stat Base: 40 (Choose a number between 1 and ten and multiply that by your character's power. A normal human civilian's intelligence is 10 and a Celestial's would be 100)

Main Character #2: Sebastian Sage
Codename(s): Question Lad
Hair: Dark
Eyes: Brown
Relations: Unknown, lots of rumors
Superpowers: The ability to absorb the powers, skills, and memories of organic beings by touch. His power is more effective on humanoids than non-humanoids. Too many memories can cause migraines.
Weapons: N/A
Fighting Classification: Energy Absorber (aka Sponge)
Statistical Base: 30 when at base potential, gains points when he absorbs others.
Intelligence Stat Base: 20

quote:
Main Character: Renly Fox
Codename(s): Unknown (for now)
Hair: Brown, curly. Has thin moustache and pointy beard on his chin only (looking like Errol Flynn / Oliver Queen).
Eyes: Green
Superpowers: Believed to be none (remains ambiguous however)
Weapons: blaster (gun),
rapier (sword), dagger, various tools
Fighting Classification: Duel class, street-leveler / unknown
Statistical Base: 20
Intelligence Stat Base: 40

Note, that Renly's story will become clearer as the story goes on. Until then most of this remains a mystery.

I have no intention of having the character battle anyone tournament style as that does not fit his personality.

All that is known is Cobalt told Invisible Brainiac this was an old friend that 'would love to see Earth' and is a 'spice merchant', though the last bit was clearly a lie by Cobalt told with the intent that IB would know it was a lie. Renly also seems to have a firm understanding of space travel and cosmic geography. His age is a little unclear but he is at least forty.

quote:
Originally posted by Angdar Fel:
Main Character #1: Angdar Fel
Codename (s):
Relations: Parents (Deceased), Brother (Deceased)
Superpowers: Flight, but way of natural wings. Enhanced strength, durability.
Weapons: Melee weapons crafted from Thanagarian Nth metal (their use, and why others have a next to impossible time using them properly will be explained.)
Fighting Classification: Flyer, Brawler. (Think of a teenage Hawkman with something to prove.)

Angdar's stat base is suggested to be 40, and intelligence is maybe 20-30 (above average, but not genius level).

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

IB, based on Em's scale, I'd think IB on the power scale would be around 65-70.
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the clarification IB.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.