Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Road Trip OCC Thread (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Road Trip OCC Thread
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:

Emily, maybe we could make this a subplot between Emily, Sebastian and Invisible Brainiac.

IB is an Earth native, and he'd volunteer for the mission because he's always wanted to return to Earth and experience it. He has a bucket list of must-see places.

For the Tournament style aspect, how about when the LMBers start their road trip, they are seen by an enemy of the LMB? Or perhaps even an Earth native who recognizes them, and fears they're on a fact-finding mission that will lead to an LMB invasion of Earth.

Some Earth groups could then activate agents who are to engage and capture the LMB.

We could drop the Scavenger Hunt subplot, but still retain numerous battles in order to have a more relaxed feel to the story.

Maybe towards the middle, the LMBers capture one of their attackers, realize what has happened, and confront the persons behind these attacks to explain their situation and get them to back off.

What do you think?

I think we could actually have both. The scavenger hunt could be an optional subplot in one locations. In regards to the Tournament aspects, I agree we should have some enemies to fight, I already have one in mind. I do think it would be cool if (maybe in Brazil) there could be an optional mini-Tournament and characters could win prizes.

I think we might as well start the story because we have to fit our subplots into or alongside the main plot.

[ October 23, 2011, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
IB, based on Em's scale, I'd think IB on the power scale would be around 65-70.

Thanks, Cobie. Perhaps I'm just hesitant to have IB handle that much power, but it does make sense.
quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
Thanks for the clarification IB.

Sure, Dev.. I just took your description and translated it to fit Emily's scale.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:

Emily, maybe we could make this a subplot between Emily, Sebastian and Invisible Brainiac.

IB is an Earth native, and he'd volunteer for the mission because he's always wanted to return to Earth and experience it. He has a bucket list of must-see places.

For the Tournament style aspect, how about when the LMBers start their road trip, they are seen by an enemy of the LMB? Or perhaps even an Earth native who recognizes them, and fears they're on a fact-finding mission that will lead to an LMB invasion of Earth.

Some Earth groups could then activate agents who are to engage and capture the LMB.

We could drop the Scavenger Hunt subplot, but still retain numerous battles in order to have a more relaxed feel to the story.

Maybe towards the middle, the LMBers capture one of their attackers, realize what has happened, and confront the persons behind these attacks to explain their situation and get them to back off.

What do you think?

I think we could actually have both. The scavenger hunt could be an optional subplot in one locations. In regards to the Tournament aspects, I agree we should have some enemies to fight, I already have one in mind. I do think it would be cool if (maybe in Brazil) there could be an optional mini-Tournament and characters could win prizes.

I think we might as well start the story because we have to fit our subplots into or alongside the main plot.

We could probably have the scavenger hunt be a subplot in Tubbataha, Philippines. Since it's a rich marine area, the contest could be to capture on film a list of animals and other sights.

Why not, these stories do take time. Would you like to do the honors?

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Well, Earth has been at odds with the UP for years. Very recently, because of Cobie and Timberwolf, some spy games engineered the downfall of Earth's major coporations and the common people regaining the power there. This was in my onevision "the Gold Watch". I know I plan to follow up on some socio-economic specifics but the gist of it is Earth is now opened up to the UP for the first time in 8 years. Trade is resuming and it may soon rejoin the UP. Many sentients from all over the galaxies want to visit there to 'see' it; afterall, it is one of the mother planets of civilization.

For the LMB, the impetus may be some want to see it or the first time or go back to it for the first time in years. That's an innocent enough explanation.

Of course, there may be more specific reasons the individuals on the road trip may have for going. For my character, I'd say maybe Cobie personally asked IB if his "friend" could tag along as a personal favor, without explaining why.

Btw, based on Cobie's post above, the timing could probably be set before the Dark Oval novella. What do you think? We still don't know exactly how it will turn out, so probably best not to have it be after.

--------------------

Angdar Fel
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angdar Fel   Email Angdar Fel         Edit/Delete Post     
Trying to fit it in before the Oval story might be a bit tight. I'd defer to Cobie on that one...if it's even possible.

Angdar could just have shown up before they leave...it's kind of open as to when he can arrive on LW.

Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

The problem, though, is that both IB and Cobie are deep in Dark Oval territory. IB can be in seven places at once, but with the stakes as high as they are, it wouldn't make much sense for him to head to Earth while the Dark Oval is going on.

We could hold it after, and just be careful not to mention anything about the outcome of the Dark Oval.

I'll defer to Cobie on this as well [Razz]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd say get started and see how continuity matches up once we're into the story. With IB involved in both, its clear it can't happen simulteaneously.

I'd avoid mention of the Novella with only mentioning 'UP problem with the Dark Oval' if need be. Earth and the D.O. are on opposite sides of the UP so they dont have a big effect or influence on one another, especially since anything UP related from a buerocratic standpoint takes place on Weber's World or Legion World.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angdar Fel
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angdar Fel   Email Angdar Fel         Edit/Delete Post     
Outside of your character, none are directly in the Oval itself.

So, that falls on your head if it's after. Simple enough, just have IB not wanting to talk about anything straight out of the gate and leave it at that.

Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll just insert a mention in one of IB's POVs that he needs a well-deserved vacation, and leave it at that.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Brazil- city of Belem, Amazon River, city of Manaus
Cambodia- The Angkor Archaeological Park
China - the Forbidden City; the Great Wall
Ecuador - Vilcabamba, legendary lost city of the Incas
Egypt- Great Pyramids
Nepal- ancient city of Bhaktapur in the Kathmandu Valley; the Himalayas
Peru - Machu Picchu
Philippines- the Banaue Rice Terraces, the Puerto Prinsesa Subterranean River, the Tubbataha Reefs Marine Park
Thailand- the ruins of Ayutthaya
USA - Las Vegas, New York, the Grand Canyon, Florida

[ October 24, 2011, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

By the way Emily, is Sebastian an Earth native as well? His bio on the LMB Wiki states that he hails from Salvador, but I'm not sure if he's supposed to be from Earth.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
He is not a native of Earth. I named that planet Salvador because it's Spanish for Savior.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

I know it might be awhile before we get there, but since New York is on the travel guide I want to bring your attention to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mra5PkN3Xqw

Therefore, I think being genre-savvy perhaps our group can stay in Staten Island? I also think it would be funny if Sebastian expects New York to be like it is in the 70s/80s only to find that Hell's Kitchen is gentrified.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Thanks for the clarification, Emily. I'll take a look at the video later, but I like your idea. We could have the group looking for spots in NYC that appear in comics and shows, and not find them.

Also, the way I write IB's character, he's the type who'd wander into a bad neighborhood or a bar and gleefully start a fight just so he can experience one. He'd probably be slightly disappointed that Hell's Kitchen isn't as violent as he imagined it to be.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

I like the way you are writing Sebastian. I've been using Stan Lee's classic quote "With great power comes great responsibility" as my guiding point in writing him. Though I think his morals would cave to someone like Felicia Hardy.

I'm thinking of testing out the Stat system soon to see what role it should have in our game.

Villain #1:
Name: Unknown
Codename: Flashend
Hair: Black, used to dye it blond
Eyes: Brown
Relations: Unknown
Misc. : Blackout Brigade member, Yakuza member sent to aid organized crime's ties between Earth and Legion World.
Powers: He has powers over darkness which allow him to fly, create force-shields, and constructs.
Statistical Base: 70
Intelligence Statistical Base: 10

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.