Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » KOLE: Cannonfodder Lass (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: KOLE: Cannonfodder Lass
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers H. Tutu! I'm writing TEEN TITANS-- DC's hottest seller and I'm also going to write CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS which will pretty much be THE event of the millennium! I should kill off one of my castmembers... but I don't WANNA!

I know!! I'll CREATE A NEW MEMBER, make her interesting, with the worst parents EVER and stuff and then I'll KILL HER IN THE CRISIS since she isn't a *REAL* Titan anyway and she's silly.

Kole deserved better than this.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Kole is the Titans version of Ferro Lad.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

For me, the difference is Ferro Lad got very little screen time before his death.

We spent MULTIPLE ISSUES getting to know the troubled Kole before Wolfman offed her in Crisis.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester

True. Most of Ferro Lad's development came after he died.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
What were the alternatives, then, if SOMEONE had to die?

Have Kole but have her be dull and then croak?

Knock off one of the longer-term Titans? Whom do you suggest?

Eryk Davis Ester

He should've killed Aqualad.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Here's MY suggestion: NO ONE had to die.

And if you want to be REALLY daring... YES, off a long-termer. Let's leave the KOLEs of the world alone for a change and off one of the ROBINs.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
He should've killed Aqualad.

Hey!!

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
We all know how well Donna's death was received in a big Event Comic.
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It occurs to me the fact the people care so much about Kole after so long a time means Marv did his job. His job was to make fans care about a character who literally was a throwaway.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

One of the GUYS, Teeds.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

'Sides, Donna ain't dead. She is very clearly shown as alive at the end of that mini and will be brought back easily soon enough.

LILITH was the true victim of that miniseries.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Don't forget Marv killed Aquachick too!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Good Ol' Wolfie.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
As much as I also loved Kole (her costume, her hairstyle, her powers... her wanton sexuality!) and was saddened to see her die so quickly during the Crisis, I don't hold this against Marv. Quite the opposite in fact. I thought he did a great job of introducing a character whose light shone so briefly and yet so brightly with the team that so many people are still trying to get her brought back to life now, 20 years later.

And I also have no problem with the fact that she was 'created to die'. Crisis obviously needed a high-body count for whatever reason and as LYL suggested 'Who were the alternatives'? We already lost both Aquagirl and Dove I (who were both big faves of mine!). I don't think I could've handled losing any more early Titans. Much better to lose someone I'd only been liking for a short time rather than someone I had known for so long that I could remember dressing up as and pretending to be as a 10 year-old (as was the case with Aqualad and Speedy!).

... Hmmm, speaking of Kole like this has made me start to wonder if an 'Ultimate DC' wouldn't be such a bad thing after all? Imagine if we got to see a re-booted Titans-verse whever people like Kole and Aquagirl and Dove I really got to shine! That would be Hell cool!

Oh, and I totally agree about Lilith being the real victim of Graduation Day! I so hope that whatever weird planet Donna was on at the end of that series that Lilith is there too, and that when they come back its together.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.