Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » KOLE: Cannonfodder Lass (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: KOLE: Cannonfodder Lass
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Lilith was my biggest tragedy, she was like Raven, except less gloomy.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet King           Edit/Delete Post     
Personally, I'm not bothered about Kole - although I agree it was a bit cheeky of marv to refuse to kill one of his own ""proper" characters when he was so merrily offing other peoples works of genius. (Killing Huntress was a terriblle idea - couldnt he have just kept Earth 2 how it was?)

Seeing as how the regular Titans book went down the toilet a couple of years after Crisis I reckon he could have killed Raven instead and no one would have missed her.

--------------------
"What a total entropic mess! Let me at it!"

From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I miss Kole. She was keen!

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Comet King:
(Killing Huntress was a terriblle idea - couldnt he have just kept Earth 2 how it was?)

No, the options were a Full Reboot or what happened. Crisis 11-12 was originally supposed to be History of the DCU, and the fade to white at the end of #10 would have been The End. With Superman #1, Batman #1, Green Lantern #1, Legion #1, etc the next month, starting from Day One.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I think a full reboot would have been far superior to the patchwork of partial reboots we got.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I think a full reboot would have been far superior to the patchwork of partial reboots we got.

Probably. I hate softboots more than reboots. At least with a Reboot, you know where you stand.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
quote:

Probably. I hate softboots more than reboots. At least with a Reboot, you know where you stand.
In a Game? [Wink]

--------------------
ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by TheGreenActingBug:
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
quote:

In a Game? [Wink]
As long as it's not The Funhouse [Smile] That would be bad. Very Bad.

[ September 06, 2004, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------

icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved Kole!!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Me too, I had to read up on her but she was so great, and if you kill Raven, first you'll be upset, and then you'll be like, "she's coming back, she always does."

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Hey maybe in the next upcoming reboot Kole can appear as Crystal Kid's girlfriend. They could be a crime-fighting duo.

--------------------
ActorLad

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I only ever saw Kole in Crisis but I saw enough to be impressed. I just figgered her for a character that had been introduced during my long hiatus from comics reading. She died as a hero, saving lives till the end.

I think some time though I am in the minority in that I wish they would stick to their guns and if a character is dead then, unless it really is part of a properly crafted story arc, he/she should remain dead, no matter what the fans say.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh and as far as i can tell, in fiction there is a real need for Cannonfodder lads and lasses to give a story a sense of tragedy, drama or even just plain old excitement

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't Kole appear in the end of Team Titans?
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't Kole created because Wolfman didn't want to kill Lilith?

I thought I had read that somewhere.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.