Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Jesse Quick! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jesse Quick!
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
She's as cute as a button and I've loved her since I first encountered her in Impulse. I was so delighted she went mainstream with the Titans, even though I didn't follow the series.

So, obviously, since I didn't follow the book, I was just wondering what the character was up to these days and any great back-issues of the Titans or other books I might delve into to find some nice Jesse(Jessie?) Quick appearances.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Probably not. Especially the "I'm sleeping with my mum's boyfriend" crap.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Oh my.
Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astrid Seahorse           Edit/Delete Post     
[Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark] Jesse (not Jessie) debuted in the Justice Society of America series set before Zero Hour. The series didn't last long so we didn't get to see near enough of her (but there is great art!).

She was in a couple of issues of Justice League Quarterly as part of the new Conglomerate, along with Nuklon. (one of my faves!)

She's had some good appearances in the Flash. (another goodie!)

I wanted to like the Titans series that followed the Titans/JLA xover, but it sucked.

Currently, a non-powered Jesse Chambers is part of the supporting cast of JSA. It looks like she may become romantically involved with Rick Tyler (the Hourman's legacy), if he ever recovers from the injuries he suffered during Black Reign. [Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Lythyl, the Omega Colony | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Might I mention that I *still* like Jenni Quick as a codename for a certain 31st Century speedster!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

As do I, EDE. Hokey as it sounds, should Jenni ever ditch XS I'd rather she take something like that up over the Flash. She's still so young in my mind for that title.

Thanks for the rundown, Miss T. Doesn't sound like there are too many goodies out there.

Eryk Davis Ester

Jesse Quick should name her first born child "Nestle"!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Who was Jesse? The offspring of Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeppers. She was going supposed to be next in line for the Flash mantle, once upon a time, but then Bart came into the picture and, well... the rest is history!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
You'd think after 50 years (yep, the silver-age FLASH is a golden-oldie this year) the family tree might have needed a little light pruning... [shrug]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
When Johnny Quick died, I almost went down to the DC offices and went all Jim Braddock on the editors there, so I'm not sure if that's such a good idea LAM!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Johnny Quick, along with Aquaman and Green Arrow, was one of Mort Weisinger's creations! I believe he was actually published up until about two years before the debut of Barry Allen!

Which makes one wonder what would have happened had Johnny continued to be published...

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

I heard you had a very dark side, Cobie [Wink] ...But really my comment was in view that it seems every speedster in the DC Universe has a family connection or association with the Allens. The entire comics line needs an overhaul - particularly to explain Iris's true origin(is she/will she be born in the future), where does Don and Dawn Allen fit in currently (if they do), what's to become of Bart and Jenni and so forth. Hopefully, the new series will help tidy up all those annoying loose ends. I didnt mean any harm.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Aw, I know [Hug]

I also hope the new series addresses the long history of the Speedsters!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I miss Jesse. Her time with the Titans really had it's ups (deputy leader) and downs (ugh). Here's hoping she gets something out of 52.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.