Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Teen Titans #16 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Teen Titans #16
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Egads! Will someone spoil me silly about the details of what happens to Legion World?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
*sigh* [Frown]

Well, I should at least try to get that original page to add to my others of Legion World. That way I'll have its birth (reveal) to its death.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I just wonder what the fate of those onboard is? Chuck (and maybe Gear) were there at the time.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Yeah...like Gary is saying, that seems really odd to me to blow LW up with all of the tech and more importantly people inside. Unless they're going for a huge sense of loss here.

...no offense to Mr. McKone, but that is one scary-looking Kid Quantum II in the page above.

Nightcrawler
Founder

Also of note, "A dozen Legionnaires are already hurt, maybe worse." The Cadets and Chuck are confirmed to be on Legion World. "Mon-El" [their mistake?] and XS are on Earth in battle.

The others who were not depicted in this issue -

Live Wire, Invisible Kid [Frown] ([HOPE]maybe he's invisible?[/HOPE]), Violet, Kinetix, Gates, Sensor, Ferro, Gear, and Timber Wolf.

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
That has to be a reference to Legion #38 where we saw several Legionnaires down.

Just so the others know though, we've got Star Boy, Ultra Boy, Superboy, Starfire, Cyborg and Brainiac5 all are pushing for all they're worth to keep Legion World from breaking up. Maybe LW will survive? (the prospects don't look good though)

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

I should have figured it would be more of a 'guest starring' or 'cameo' bit for the Legion in the TT issue instead of a full-on crossover. It's kind of upsetting to know so many people can get left in the dust and yet they'll go and do something major like blow LW and possibly all of the major players on it up.

I'm a little pissed of doing big stuff like this, just because it feels like a, "We're not going to see this reality ever again anyway, so let's mess everything up for shock value"-type thing. I wouldn't be shocked to have a few Legionnaires killed along the way (a la Universe Ablaze) and then be left for dead as we lose this reality. I'm actually upset about the Reimagining for the first time now, just at how rushed and carefree such big events to the Legion are becoming.

I should probably take on the mindset that "The reboot Legion ended at Legion #33 (or #38 for me)" and just enjoy the tale for what it's worth.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I hate to even think this let alone say it but maybe with the reboot coming they are just killing off a lot of Legionnaires (not to forget at least R.J. and various SP members and those of Shikari's race manning the Threshholds) for the shock value.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Hopefully, some of the Legionnaires who are currently unaccounted for (including some of the injured) are on Earth with Mon and XS. A ray of hope: all of them, including Gear, are on next issue's cover. The worst thing Waid and Johns could do is piss fans off by turning this into a bloodfest. It's supposed to be fun, dammit.

[ September 22, 2004, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
If this DOES become a bloodbath, I will be in the lead of the pack carrying torches to the doorsteps of all involved.

A bloodbath is COMPLETELY unnecessary.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I think I'm going to sit this issue out. I'll wait for reviews of the special before I decide whether to pick it up.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
The worst thing Waid and Johns could do is piss fans off by turning this into a bloodfest. It's supposed to be fun, dammit.

Fun? Ah yes - the employment of time in a profitless and non-practical way.

Remember Waid wanted to 5YG this story, just for the hell of it, and was stopped only because of what it'd have done to Kon.

Fun? This is a clear-the-decks, no-one to be left alive so we can flush it all away story. No room for fun.

[ September 23, 2004, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bIZARRO nO.1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bIZARRO nO.1           Edit/Delete Post     
hOORAY! wE AM GOT TWO THREADS GOING ON AT SAME TIME FOR SAME TOPIC!! tHAT AM GREAT IDEA!!
From: bIZARRO wORLD | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bIZARRO nO.1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bIZARRO nO.1           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
bUT SILLY, NOTHING HAPPEN THIS ISSUE! yOU AM WANT TO MISS THAT?
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I think I'm going to sit this issue out. I'll wait for reviews of the special before I decide whether to pick it up.

From: bIZARRO wORLD | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.