Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Random TT Cover discussion (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Random TT Cover discussion
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Nice cover. I recently reread the whole Trigon saga and didn't care for it at all.

A lot of Wolfman's old TT stories didn't age well for me. [Frown]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The cover looks very "staged," particularly Nightwing's pose.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Certainly not one of my favorite group splash covers. Seems a little unfinished.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:

-

Simply wonderful!
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

awesomesauce.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
This thread begs the question, "Was there ever a bad Teen Titans cover?"

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
That Titans/Outsiders cover....I don't get it....two superhero teams on the same cover....but they're not fighting each other?? Must be one of those chronicler's errors ;P

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
They're totally fighting!

Terra obviously made all those earth-monsters!

And see how Black Lightning is about to jam a ligntning bolt right into Raven's face? She's all like 'Nooooo...'

And Katana just totally made snake-sushi out of Garfield, check out that weapon arc!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
They fought in the issue ... The New Teen Titans half of the cross over IIRC ... until Terra recognized her brother ... in the same costume no less ... and then had some splaining to do since she told Gar she made her costume herself.

I find this cover especially delicious! mmmmm

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
The only Batman I ever really enjoyed (besides the Sixties "mod" version, of course) was the one in the Outsiders book. So glad Katanna is still around with the Birds. She was fab, too.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cleome, I, too, love Katana.

The scene in an issue of Batman & the Outsiders where she comforts Halo with a lullaby is one of the most beautiful and moving things I've ever seen in a comic book.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
Nice cover. I recently reread the whole Trigon saga and didn't care for it at all.

A lot of Wolfman's old TT stories didn't age well for me. [Frown]

Sad to say, same for me. I found that a lot of his battles weren't all that exciting.

But I still find a lot of his stories golden, such as the Judas Contract, the Trigon story, and Crisis on Infinite Earths.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
I couldn't come up with anywhere else to post this, so....

I just re-read New Teen Titans #7 (the pre-Baxter series that went to being DC's #1 book). It took me the better part of a half hour to read. Why? Because it had sooo much stuff packed into a single issue. We had the re-forming of the Fearsome Five, the rescue of Psion from limbo, the taking (by the Five) of Titans Tower, the capture of the mysterious secret resident of the tower by the Five, the Titans (remember them) returning from Azerath and forgiving Raven for past deceptions, offering her a home in the process, Cyborg expressing reservations about same, the Titans returning to the tower to find it breached, a big battle with the Five, Cyborg learning that the secret resident/designer of the tower was his dad and that his dad was dying, Cyborg and his dad spending the last three months of dad's life together and finally developing a relationship, almost too late.

These days that one story would be spread out over a year's worth of books, at least. And they wonder why sales are down.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

All that PLUS the origin of Cyborg ? That would be two trades by today's standards!
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.