Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Random TT Cover discussion (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Random TT Cover discussion
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
I have "new" NTT comics to read and I have The Hermit to blame------I mean thank. After his mention of NTT 7, I had to go check my box to see if I had it. See, I came into the Titans a few years into the W/P era, and it has only been in the last 10 years or so that I've filled in the earliest issues. I picked them up on the cheap as I ran across them in bargain bins, but I think some of them got filed without being read. I have all except for 1 and 2, but I have the Tor paperback with reformatted b&w reprints of the first 3. I think it's time for a read/re-read of the first year....

BTW Herms, you a Titans fan in general, or is it the black cover background thing?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
I was going to say kind of, but when I looked up old issues I realized that I actually had been a Titans fan pretty much from the start, having bought the original Showcase and B&B issues and several early issues of the first series as well.

I think I was dead center in the target audience for the original series, because every time I started to feel like I was outgrowing it, they matured the characters and storylines and kept me buying the book. I had a crush on Lilith when they introduced her and stuck with the entire original run from that point on. I also remember the whole Titans East-West thing in the late 70s, and was on board for the entire standard-format New Teen Titans run in the early 80s. I finally lost interest when Perez left the series and really haven't been able to get into the group since.

Guess that makes me a former fan.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
I moved on to other things around the time Perez left too. Since then I've read some earlier (SA, 70s) stories and some of the later Titans incarnations too, but nothing compares. I don't know if anything can; that era was my own personal Golden Age, and the Titans were the reason I joined the party in the first place.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

[ June 12, 2012, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

-

-

-

-

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.