Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Lurkers reveal yourselves!! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Lurkers reveal yourselves!!
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
To MLLASH, Thriftshop, Grey, Reep, TBWUP, Lard, Stu and everyone else whose been around for awhile-

I'VE BEEN WATCHING YOU!!

Seriously, I feel like I've been stalking you people for years now, following you from board to board reading conversations but very rarely participating. well, anyway I may feel like the creepy looking guy in the corner that follows you no matter where you go, but I'm perfectly harmless (unless provoked - really hard). So there - I've revealed myself.

Any other lurkers been around for years without saying much? Please, I don't want to be the only crazed stalker here. Step forward and be noticed, if only for a short moment and join me in thanking the "talkies" (as we psychotic lurkers like to call you) for giving us a few giggles and guffaws through the years.

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm...I know of what you speak. Although, I joined the old DCMB back in 1999 (I believe just to answer a question in the Legion of Super-Heroes forum and as GLC), I've spent most of my message board time reading posts and the conversations of others rather than participate.

Now that I've help mastermind our current and hopefully last incarnation, I've found my new, better known status a bit unsettling at times. I'm still a lurker (in the shadows) at heart.

And whether they know it or not, I've known most of the people here for years. [Big Grin]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
To MLLASH, Thriftshop, Grey, Reep, TBWUP, Lard, Stu and everyone else whose been around for awhile-

I'VE BEEN WATCHING YOU!!

Seriously, I feel like I've been stalking you people for years now, following you from board to board reading conversations but very rarely participating. well, anyway I may feel like the creepy looking guy in the corner that follows you no matter where you go, but I'm perfectly harmless (unless provoked - really hard). So there - I've revealed myself.

Any other lurkers been around for years without saying much? Please, I don't want to be the only crazed stalker here. Step forward and be noticed, if only for a short moment and join me in thanking the "talkies" (as we psychotic lurkers like to call you) for giving us a few giggles and guffaws through the years.

hi there !!!

glad you made your presence known [Smile] !!!

and thanks for including me with those PROLIFIC posters !!!

i lurked quite abit in the past !!! but i'd like to say, i've made a massive effort in posting as much as i have on "Legion World" !!!

so .... SUPER LAD KID !!! don't lurk any longer, come and join in !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
We've all been lurkers at one point or another. [Smile]

I DO miss Gala, though. Are you out there, dude? [Cool]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I was a big time lurker on the DC boards - maybe one or two posts as Matropolis69

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Blaine:
I was a big time lurker on the DC boards - maybe one or two posts as Matropolis69

NEAT!!! I remember that ID!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
As do I!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, I can understand the impulse to lurk. Some people just are not the proactive type. Introverted vs. Extroverted, and all that. Naturally, I'm about as big an introvert as they come. I've just made a conscious decision that in my life, I don't want my introverted nature to rule me relationships, so I've made an effort to step out of my comfort zone and take chances. It's still hard sometimes for me at a big party to walk over to someone I don't know real well and initiate conversation. Still, as Kirk told Saavik, "you learn by doing."

I think as optimusmagnus back on the old DCMB's, I was more of a lurker. But as Kid Prime, I think I'm more proactive. I like being Kid Prime better. [Smile]

-

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I have to confess that I was a lurker on the old DC message boards for about the last three or four years! I never registered, but I always loved the environment and reading the insights from the various members. Just felt the need to speak out finally and interact with some 'legends' so to speak when Legion World popped up, as it seemed much more fun and comprehensive than the old boards.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I lurked around the old DCMB for quite awhile before registering and jumping in. And I can honestly say it was one of the most pleasurable, life altering things I've ever done. And this site is a testament to that!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I was lurking of and on on the old boards since they announced that DnA were taking over the title. I only registered last year, and even then I didn't post much.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi lurkers! Hi regular posters!

I consider myself a "sporadic" poster. Heh--sporadic! I should add that to the "words that make you giggle" thread. [Colossal Boy]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Kinda sounds like Grandin Gender Reversal Germs. Well, half the time.
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
The only message board I ever lurked on was the Green Lantern boards -- I was interested in the discussion, but needless to say, the environment was a bit intimidating to jump into. Eventually I made the plunge and I find those shark filled waters are fine for swimming as long as you keep track of your extremities [Smile] .
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I also lurked around for about a month or so on the old DCMB boards before registering. Mostly due to feeling intimidated because I had been away from LSH for so long. I just wasn't up to date with all the changes that everyone took for granted.

("What do you mean Superboy didn't exist?") [Confused]

Finally said what the hell and registered.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.