Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » DCMB LMBP Road Trip! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: DCMB LMBP Road Trip!
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Stu, I say we make similar new names and then make some weird goofy story for the two of us over there! Like Dick and Jane, brother and sister.

OK -- you be Jane! [Laugh Out Loud] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Actually, what's surprising is the fact that STU, Stu, and S.T.U. are all already taken. I know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but really...! [Roll Eyes]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Why don't you both be Jane. Straight guys love lesbian tag-teams. [Big Grin]
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Actually, Semi... if you be Dick, I'll consider being Dick too. [Wink]
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
STU, you slut! [Big Grin]
Stu
Time Trapper

I prefer the term "shameless hussy." [Laugh Out Loud]
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

I think "Shameless hussy puppy" is more appropriate.
Stu
Time Trapper

How about shameless huppy? Or shameless pus--

"Shameless hussy puppy" will do just fine. [Big Grin]

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

No, I like shameless puss. You're going to get a new reputation, you know.
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by icefire:
Good Lord The DC boards are so BORING!!!!!

How can they possibly be boring with all you people over there?

The Dick-Jane Jane-Jane Dick-Dick stories alone must be riveting! Or maybe you can't say "Dick" over there?

Bring it on home guys!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Road Trip Report

A number of LWMBPers made the excursion (Blockade Boy, Icy, Space Ranger, jimgallagher, EDE, STU, Nightcrawler ~ did I miss anyone?) Unfortunately it seemed (to me at least) that we were pretty much the only ones around. There were a couple of other posters that I remember from before including Ontir and Matachine. Very little activity and hardly any interaction.

It's still a very annoying & frustrating board in general (I had forgotten just how frustrating!) and I find it next to impossible to enjoy myself while I'm there.

Perhaps some future recruit will stumble upon our posts and be drawn here but I don't think we'll see anyone in the immediate future as there just didn't seem to be anyone there!

Thanks again & again to Gary & Scott for giving us Legion World! This place is SO much better than anyplace else on the net!

Vee

PS: These are just my impressions. I'll be curious to see what others experienced.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
I popped over, made one post and was so underwhelmed by it all I scurried back home here as fast as my mouse could take me!
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Road Trip Report

A number of LWMBPers made the excursion (Blockade Boy, Icy, Space Ranger, jimgallagher, EDE, STU, Nightcrawler ~ did I miss anyone?) Unfortunately it seemed (to me at least) that we were pretty much the only ones around. There were a couple of other posters that I remember from before including Ontir and Matachine. Very little activity and hardly any interaction.

Incidentally, mattachine = our own li'lrhino.

Yeah, the whole thing seemed a bit lackluster though. I wasn't feeling all that inspired, anyway, and for some reason it seemed like I was barely interacting with the rest of you guys, much less native posters.

My favorite post I made was actually over on the "DC message boards" forum, in a thread called "I'm confused and frightened". I was complaining about the mixed messages sent by the banner advertisments, but was pretty radically misinterpreted...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
To say things are slow over there is an understatement. When I first came to the DC boards back in the day (before all of you I believe except Grey and maybe Dev), there were a ton of posters. Eventually, there was an enormous amount of posters, so many that a thread was going strong one day and would be buried on page three the next. It sure doesn't seem like that anymore...

It of course makes me wonder what all those old posters have been up! You know, I think I may have to start a whole new mission, and start emailing onld LMBers (and any other poster you remember talking to) and letting them know the link to Legion World and where we all are. That's what Bri-Seahorse did for me a few years back and I was so touched that he thought of me that I came back and had another good run with the LMB! Hm, I may have to do this soon...does anyone have emails for old LMBers. I guess I could try the Yahoo site, and hope a lot of people still have the same email. This shouldn't just apply to LMBers either, but all old posters (and new) who are a lot of fun!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Alright, my nostalgia for Bri-Seahorse doing that for me made me crack and I've emailed a bunch of old LMBers. The only problem is that I used the email addresses on the Yahoo site, and I don't know if their still any good. I emailed Yellow Kid, Dedman, Sasha, Shady and Galahadran, and told them all to come join us sometime (and also gave them our best and asked how everything was going). If you guys can think of anymore LMBers to do this for (Terrence, Mart, Kid Psychout, etc.), you should! The only problem is finding an email address for them!

So far, it seems that Shady's email wasn't delivered. Damn, I hope that at least some of them were. If anyone knows more up to date emails for them, let me know! Oh, and does anyone have Bri-Seahorses' email so I could say hello to him some time?

And I think Paul McNeil, Duplicate Man and Mondo Joe are around here sometimes, although I haven't really seen them yet! I hope they post more (along with Therod, Dev and Faraway and others) when they get the chance!

If the DC boards are going to suck, we'll bring all the fun people here!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Kid Psychout's around here occasionally (I believe I saw him a couple of nights ago).

Shady's registered here, but never posted. I hope everything's okay with her.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.