Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Café Cramer - Always Open (Page 108)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 125 pages: 1  2  3  ...  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  ...  123  124  125   
Author Topic: Café Cramer - Always Open
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Besides, since when do dead people get to set policy?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Since we've had wills and trusts - although I don't know that there's a Lard Lad Foundation.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
...If this automated reply plans on asking questions, perhaps the Security Office needs to check into it... [Razz]

Dude, this algorithm is actually programmed beyond just replying to questions and what-not. I'm a purty sophisticated version!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Besides, since when do dead people get to set policy?

Hey, I'm not dead--I'm a computer program!

Don't be hatin'! [No]

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Since we've had wills and trusts - although I don't know that there's a Lard Lad Foundation.

Nah, there's no Foundation. Lardy left some money to certain people special to him, but the rest was put into a fund to settle all those lawsuits brought against him...mostly palimony suits.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy, regarding those palimony lawsuits. Just dare them to try and get a DNA sample from your algorithm. Deny everything.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

No big whoop for me, Semi...I'm just his algorithm. But the real deal was completely incinerated, anyway, so no DNA samples forthcoming, I guess.

--------------------

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm gonna need your strongest coffee (or other caffeinated drink) to stay awake for all the studying I still have to do.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll set you up with a dark roast IV drip.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
keep the dark roast handy for her post-Munich hangover!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
<'ports in with Time-Teller Lad>

Hi, Cramer! I'll have a hot chocolate!

Whatever Tim's having is on me...what'll it be, Tim?

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Time-Teller Lad
It's about time!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Time-Teller Lad   Email Time-Teller Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, hot chocolate sounds really good. With little marshmallows, please?

{They sit down}

Clive that was amazing! We made it here in 1.3 seconds! Do you have all the same powers as your dad?

From: The Rookery | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
Pretty much, Tim. I can't do all the tricks that he can and I'm not in his league power level-wise. So far, I do the teleporting and force shields pretty well.

<bows his head>

I've had some communication with the Order of Lard Knights. Seems they want me to come to the monastery and learn the ways of the Lard Force.

<looks at Tim>

Dad was unusual among the Knights. Most of them live at the monastery all their lives, but he snuck out one day and met Lash and Shady on that fateful trip and never looked back.

I want to learn more about my power, but I also know I don't want to go there under false pretenses. I just started this life I've been blessed with--I couldn't just insulate myself from the galaxy after what I've seen.

<Cramer gives them their drinks>

Thanks, Cramer!

<sips>

On the other hand, life can be...confusing, you know?

Time-Teller Lad
It's about time!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Time-Teller Lad   Email Time-Teller Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't I know it!

I finally graduated from the LMB Academy a few months back and, upon graduation, Rocky sponsored me for full LMB membership. So I'm a full member now. I've wanted that--since I was a kid and your dad and the others founded the LMB eight years and five days ago! And I'm so happy I am! But--well, after years of wanting it so badly, now that I finally have it, I almost feel like there should be more to it.

{Smiles at Clive}

My powers aren't nearly as impressive as yours. I can tell what time it is anywhere in the universe; I can tell the exact age of any object and I can tell exactly how long it has been since an event has transpired. Rocky took me under his wing--so to speak and I think that's how I got in. I'm not sure what he saw, but he says I'm going to be a great hero. {Sigh} Where would we be without Rockhopper Lad?

From: The Rookery | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

<sighs>

Yeah, where would I be? Mr. Rockhopper is absolutely the greatest! I honestly don't know what I would have done without him. He's been so understanding! I kinda got thrown into living without a parachute, and he just stepped up, y'know?

Even with Dad back...well, I'm sure you know his memory's totally gone?

<Tim nods>

Thing is, even if Dad were all there, it would probably be awkward for us. I call him 'Dad', but the only relationship we had was that he helped program a robot and gave it the chance to be something more. When he created me, he was busy trying to start a life with Dru. It's...

<tears up a little>

...it's really strange for me. But Mr. Rockhopper has really been there.

How did you come to know him?

Time-Teller Lad
It's about time!

When I first enrolled at the LMB Academy three years, two months and ten days ago, Rocky hadn't been on Legion World for very long. As a new member of the LMB, he was asked to talk to our class. I had so many questions! He offered to stay after class to talk to me. I bent his ear--or whatever he has--for forty-seven minutes. Then he offered me a part-time job at the Rookery and it just went from there. Soon I was his scheduler when he was Deputy Leader and then I got some experience with the Security Office and then I graduated and here I am. He's been there for me through it all. And, I have to say, I know it's totally unrequited and it's not at all what my relationship to him is like, but I've always had a bit of a crush on him.
  This topic comprises 125 pages: 1  2  3  ...  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  ...  123  124  125   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.