Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » As Supreme Ruler of the Universe (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: As Supreme Ruler of the Universe
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, she probably isn't just our Supreme Ruler - there must be other realms that need cupcakes and the guidance of benign dictatorship.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes!

Imagine how more relaxed a place Qward would be if Mearl was in charge there, too.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Kent, are you suggesting we send Mearl to Quard?

What do anti-matter cupcakes taste like anyway?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Thunderously good!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
can i have one with a bit of lightning icing on top

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

It's shockingly good!
Mearl Dox
Likes green

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mearl Dox   Email Mearl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry I haven't been around to rule you with a gentle but iron fist lately, I've been dealing with convincing a throat infection that I'm supreme ruler of it, too!

I can trust all of you to carry on being ruled by me while I'm not around, though, right?

--------------------
科学の使者、キュアドクス!

From: Colu | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Of course! We've never had it so good from supreme rulership. Although I have put on a few pounds with all those cupcakes...

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mearl Dox
Likes green

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mearl Dox   Email Mearl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
As Supreme Ruler, I order you all to have a merry Christmas! Or other holiday celebration, if you prefer.

--------------------
科学の使者、キュアドクス!

From: Colu | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Mearl, I'm a little shocked that we haven't invented a new December holiday in over 1000 years! We've got Hanukkah, the Winter Solstice, Christmas, and Kwanzaa, but that's only four days! (Yeah, some of them are technically more than one day, but we'll just stick with the prime day.) That leaves 27 days of December untouched by holidays! Sure, there's "Bill of Rights" day, but being US-centric, it's likely not around when the US is no longer its own nation. What holidays would have been invented in the 1000 Year Gap? We could always move the celebration of your birthday to December. After all, it worked for the Christians!

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Martin Van Buren Day is December 5.

St. Nicholas Day is December 6.

December 10 is Mearl Dox Day.

December 26 is Boxing Day, for those Brits among us.

December 31, besides being NYE, is also Caroline's birthday, if memory serves.

That still leaves 22 days for ferro to plot new holidays.

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
Mearl, I'm a little shocked that we haven't invented a new December holiday in over 1000 years! We've got Hanukkah, the Winter Solstice, Christmas, and Kwanzaa, but that's only four days! (Yeah, some of them are technically more than one day, but we'll just stick with the prime day.) That leaves 27 days of December untouched by holidays! Sure, there's "Bill of Rights" day, but being US-centric, it's likely not around when the US is no longer its own nation. What holidays would have been invented in the 1000 Year Gap? We could always move the celebration of your birthday to December. After all, it worked for the Christians!

Simple answer to this one folks. wor Lizzie (HRH QE II for the uninitated) has two birthdays, her real one and an official one when all the pomp and ceremony takes place. Merle can simply decree a date in December to be her offical birthdy and all us loyal subjects will celebrate with out usual excess. [Smile]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Kent has informed us that December 10 is Mearl Dox Day, so I guess that will do the trick. Hmm...I'm going to have to spend some time filling out at least a few of the remaining 22 days.

Perhaps 12/29 could be Legion Reborn Day?

[ December 27, 2004, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: ferroboy ]

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mearl Dox
Likes green

You guys do remember that the 30th is Querl's birthday, of course?

That requires a celebration too!

--------------------
科学の使者、キュアドクス!

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm thinking at this point we should just set the whole month aside for one grand knock-down-drag-out.

I think LW is up to the task.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.