Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » A Written History of the LMBP - now complete! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A Written History of the LMBP - now complete!
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
For the record, the first LWer I ever met was STU. He came into Orlando for MegaCon a few years ago and we met for dinner and lots of conversation.

The of course there was the trip to Boston for (I guess it was actually the last) Wizard World Boston. Lots of great memories of that one. So many fun people to hang out with! Quis was a magnificent host and guide for that weekend.

The one poster I haven't met which should have been the easiest is Future, since we are both residents of O-town. At least we were, not sure if he's back here since finishing up school or if he has moved on to greener pastures. Either way, I think it's way past time that he and I managed to get together.

Future! Where the heck are you son! [Smile]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rtvu2:
Alt ids?

Yeah, G. Stallion was an alt ID of someone who himself was an alt ID. Picard's Sexy Grandson was an alt ID of a real poster who once said he resembled Captain Jean-Luc Picard's sexy grandson. Dial H for HOMO was actually a real person from the DC boards, although he had a different name there and I don't think he ever actually posted on LW.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
For the record, the first LWer I ever met was STU. He came into Orlando for MegaCon a few years ago and we met for dinner and lots of conversation.

That was fun. I still have a fork from our dinner at Bahama Breeze that night -- I got dessert to go and they didn't have any more plastic forks, so they gave me a real one to take with me.

At Comic-Con, I suggested MegaCon as a possible future meet-up site. It's one of the larger and more fun cons I've been to.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
After Comic-Con 2008, everything's even more of a blur! Speaking of which, a conversation at the Con impelled me to look up this thread, with a link to the actual "A Written History of the LMBP" on the Encyclopedia Galactica forum.

Gods, Cobie -- what a freakin' massive undertaking! Major kudos! I'm shocked and amazed at how many obscure members (and alt IDs) were mentioned, including such luminaries as G. Stallion, Picard's Sexy Grandson, and Dial H for HOMO. It was also a major trip down memory lane to reminisce about the halcyon days of the Phineas B. Fuddle board -- as well as all the historical real-life first-time team-ups.

I'm so glad you finally got around to reading it! When I finished, I knew it might take a few years for people to read through it and see the eras that really meant a lot to them and how finely detailed the history is. I knew you'd particularly love the Super-Holograms, the eboard and the Phineas Board stuff, so its so cool you've finally checked it out!

Check out the early Legion World stuff too--you'll get a kick out of that as well!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
You know, I don't think I ever took the time to read the whole thing straight through. Cobie... I have to say I got a bit choked up, not only at the scope of your dedication and vision, but at my part in the story... so many great memories.

Thanks, pal.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.