Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years
Ghost Girl
spirit of the night

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
<bursts into the Security Office, destroying it bit by bit.>

<heat vision slices through security officers scrambling around>

<sees Dedman>

Ha.

<rips Dedman in half. Stamps on ground, destroying the room, as Polar Boy and Space Ranger of the Dark Oval fall out the side of the building>

<super breath on Jailbait Lass and My Whee Fem, blowing them out into the street>

<the Security Office collapses> moves on to Grand Central Space Port

[ August 29, 2006, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Superboy_Prime ]

--------------------
death becomes me

From: Shangalla | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<flies in, catching Polar Boy, Jailbait Lass and My Whee Fem>

Not again! Why does the Security Office always get destroyed...

<rubs side of face>

Ow...that bastard sucker-punched me and almost took my head off.

<Jailbait Lass looks on at Cobalt in horror, as Cobalt does not realize the extent of the horrible bruise on his face>

Hey, its okay Lolita. Now, where did he go? Polar, did you see? I'm going to see if I can cut him off in the skies over Legion World...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reanimated Corpse of Lonestar
Deceased

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Reanimated Corpse of Lonestar           Edit/Delete Post     
hours ago

<Watches on horrified. Shoots blaster at Superboy Prime but to no avail.>

I might not be the protagonist of this little tale, but Great Rao, thats not what I wanted...

<recalls seeing Dedman ripped in half>

Present time
It's time that I find an ally on this planet and figure out how to get myself out of this one...

And all those credits! $10,000,000 genarii...all down the drain...

--------------------
Justice comes at a price. What are you willing to pay for it?

From: dead | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
hey, what the eff is going on here?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
<dedman reforms from a cloud of darkness>

Man Alive!!! That hurt like the bejeepers!!!

<dedman sees SharkLad and proceeds to fill him in>

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
<Battles through waves of invaders to reach the shattered Security Office>

The sub-basement has survived... Good.

<reaches lowest level carefully>

Takes up all-frequency Security Communications priority holoprojector.

***Attention all security personnel***

The chief is down as most of you know. I don't know if he'll pull through or not. We all know the drill though, so let's make him proud. Arachne, Jailbait Lass and My Whee Fem are with you, take them and do what you can to get the citizenry out of harms way. Don't engage the Dark Oval troops, call for backup if you need, but stay low and out of the fray. Too many innocents are being hurt. The rest of you: continue to resist on all fronts, uniforms follow the lead of the senior officers. I've sent the Loose Cannon squad down to the lower levels. No Dark Ovals that go down there will come back up, Khel-Lag-Ghan, Rrgggz and Mer-Tog will make sure of that. I'll try and maintain communications throughout, but when I leave here I may have to resort to using my forcefield powers, and it'll be goodye Legionworld Retirement Castle and hello Legionworld Daycare. I've got some ideas but so far a good plan is eluding me.

Matlock out.

<switches to Barbarian-only channel>

Hrun, find Everyday Girl and get her here. I'm leaving this for her: my old mechanized combat armor. It's old but I had it refitted to her. The tech is antique but they knew some tricks back in the old days. She'll figure it out.

Find the fake Ranger and hang onto him. Let him help if he offers, but if he looks at you or Everyday Girl crosseyed, put your axe in him.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Ranger ... have you seen the pool? Let's go for a swim ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
I actually might have something that can take superboy prime down (produces black velevet pouch from pocket) but i will need help I will see if I can gather what I need.

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
oh and Cobolt thanks for the save [Smile]

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by PolarBoy:
I actually might have something that can take superboy prime down (produces black velevet pouch from pocket) but i will need help I will see if I can gather what I need.

You're WAAAY out-of-date. Look at the last page of the Dark Oval Embassy thread for me, Spellbinder and the Spectre stopping him.

[And then three Re-Bots taking it on themselves to make it permanent]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Security Office Addendums & Changes

As many of you know, I am Chief of Security here on Legion World, and it is a position that I hold for life. I cannot be removed from office, not even by the LMB Leader, unless I die in battle or willingly resign. This is how it has always been, though many have criticized this long-standing tradition.

This stems mainly from two things: (1) the initial days of the LMB, where I was named ‘Leader of the Espionage Squad’ for life, where the leader could not replace me and (2) what is referred to as ‘the Dark Stu Saga’ where the rest of the LMB and Legion World were at odds with a Leader that attempted to dominate and control us all, and it became evident that necessary balances needed to be put into place that the leader could not control.

Given recent events, I feel that there needs to a more interconnected feel between the Security Office and the LMB Leadership, so that a semblance of ‘chain of command’ can be heightened, especially in times of crisis. Further, my long-standing role as Security Chief of Legion World has been a true honor and I feel we accomplished a great many things, but as the years have gone by now for some time, I feel that it has become simply ‘status quo’, and that change is often necessary.

However, the Security Office is like a child to me. It is now (3) separate threads and holds its own history that is interconnected to the history of the LMB and Legion World. As it’s grown, I’ve come to love the idea of it, and I fear that should I ever leave the office, it’d be allowed to flounder, or be used in a way that I would not feel appropriate.

Having said all of this, I will now take some active steps to reform the office to be a somewhat new entity. In doing this, I will use the powers of Security Chief, as is my right.

First
Effective immediately, I name Abin Quank and Matlock as Co-Chiefs of Security to this office. They will have all of the powers that the Chief of Security has with the exception that they cannot name another as Security Chief. They will remain in this position for life, unless one of the following happens (1) they die in battle or (2) they retire willingly. Both have had remarkable careers as members of the Security Office, the LMB and citizens of Legion World, and it is not necessary for me to speak of this. Any replacement for Matlock or Abin Quank must have the official approval of Cobalt Kid.

Second
Throughout the Constitutional Convention, many people helped create various articles and clauses on the Security Office that were extremely useful. I must publicly acknowledge the great efforts of Reboot. Unfortunately, that Constitution was never ratified and made into law, and has no legitimacy, despite all the best efforts of the many great citizens of Legion World. I now, as is in my power, will officially create such an office.

The Security Committee will be a committee of six individuals that oversee all of the functions of the Office of Security. They can object, if they are in agreement, to the acts of the security officers, and they can work in unison to help create initiatives for the Security Office. This is not an elected committee. No member can be replaced by the public at large.

The committee will be as follow:
Cobalt Kid (Chairperson)
Abin Quank
Matlock
Arachne
Invisible Brainiac
The current LMB Deputy Leader

The reasoning is simple – I’ve explained my love of this office and my invested interest in its survival and use. Therefore, I will serve as Chairperson on this committee for the duration of my lifetime, unable to be removed, in keeping up with the traditions of my position of Chief of Security.

Abin Quank and Matlock will serve, as they are the two Co-Chiefs of Security.

Arachne and Invisible Brainiac hold the ranks ‘Senior Security Officer’ for the continued service throughout this office’s existence, and the role they have played in defending Legion World throughout all of its various crises.

The inclusion f the deputy leader addresses various concerns that I have. I want to be able to bridge the gap between the LMB leadership and the Security Office, and by having the deputy leader serve on this committee, it allows the LMB leadership to have an invested role in how the office is run. Also, it gives the LMB Deputy Leader an additional power to an otherwise blurrily-defined role. Further, the long-standing theme that this office can stand in opposition to the LMB Leader remains, in that the deputy leader serves as a buffer between the two.

Essentially, the inclusion of the deputy leader will ensure that the Security Office by proxy reports to the Deputy Leader, ergo, the Deputy Leader and Security Office report to the LMB Leader. However, given that the Deputy Leader can be outvoted, this process can be blocked. Further, the Deputy Leader can use his or her judgment in deciding if the office should follow the orders of the leader in the extreme case that a tyrant comes to power.

My role, as Committee Chairperson will be to vote only when a tie-breaker is needed. However, I will be able to express my opinions whenever I see fit. Only I will have the ability to remove Abin Quank or Matlock, and only I can replace them with a candidate that I see fit.

Third
The Security Office now is structured in the following way:

Co - Chiefs of Security:
Abin Quank
Matlock

Deputy Chief of Security, Honorary Space Ranger Position
Everyday Girl

Senior Security Officer :
Invisible Brainiac seniority decision making over other security officers excluding the Chiefs of Security.
Arachne seniority decision making over other security officers excluding the Chiefs of Security.

Head of Mystic Crimes Division: Pagan Lass seniority decision making over other security officers in mystical natured crimes excluding the Chief and co-Chiefs of Security, and Senior Security Officers.

Security Officers:
Shark Lad
Blockade Boy
Dev-Em
Kara
Furball
Future
Dedman
Frio
Caliente
Disaster Boy
Hrun the Barbarian
Stoopid Cat
Polar Boy
LardLad
Other unnamed rank and file officers
Supergirl Robots, volume 4.1
Please also be aware that there are three ultra-secret security officers on Legion World, whose names I will not, and am under no obligation to reveal.

Executive Assistant to the Chairperson on the Committee of Security
Jailbait Lass

Assistant to Chiefs of Security
My Whee Fem

Fourth
Effective immediately, I resign from my position as Chief of Security and move to my position as Chairperson on the Security Committee. Ipso facto, Matlock and Abin Quank are now Co-Chiefs of Security.

I go now, to further serve Legion World, and begin a quest for new challenges and new positions to help further the dream of the LMB and Legion World. I will remain committed and invested in the Security Office, but will allow others to take up some of the mantle and work as they see fit. I encourage others to involve themselves in this office and work for the security of Legion World.

Security Office, I will be there with you always, ready to serve by your side.

- Cobalt Kid
Chairperson, Security Committee

[ September 15, 2006, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<turns to Jailbait Lass>

There Lolita, I've done it. I feel both relieved and saddened.

<walks through lobby with her>

We'll still have my office here and I'll still be a part of this place. After all--its what I know. But this way the Security Office has some level of independence from Cobalt Kid, even if I oversee things occassionally. Now we can move on to new adventures.

<puts arm around Jailbait Lass>

And you work for me, always, not them. Now excuse me a second...

<walks over to Emerald Empress and Space Ranger's statues>

Its just not the same without you both. I'm off to new things, to make you both proud I hope...

<exits>

<seconds later>

'Hey Matlock, I just punched out some guy trying to sell cigerettes to kids under age. Er, looks I'll still be bothering you partner [Big Grin] '

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
C'mon, Cobie Cakes... let's go someplace private to celebrate your new adventure [Love]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Umm... Cobie, you could have talked to me first...

I mean, I'm already the LW Janitor, I already have to clean up the messes you guys make with all these Invasions and Crisises and now your going to make me Co-Chief of Security on top of that?

<Looks at the desk where the keys to Cobies five story underground liquor cabinet and the back door of Shameless Hussies are laying in plain sight.>

Okay, Okay, I'll do it!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh Abin, I'm glad i caught you. I resign.

ciao!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  59  60  61   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.