Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Indie Rock RMB (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Indie Rock RMB
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You know what? The LMB has become too much like 'the man' for my tastes. You've all gone management and I don't need that jazz.

I'm splittin' gang. Cuttin' out. Forming a new LMB--which doesn't need all this structure you put in place.

Wanna join up? Fine by me. Just don't go tryin' out or nothing. And don't go expectin nothin either.

The 'R' is for Rebels. The Rebel Message Board Posters.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

BTW, this means I formally announce my retirement from all positions at the Security Office and the Security Council, etc.

Those positions I held for life--unless I otherwise retired from. Consider this my two weeks notice two weeks too late.

Now that *that* thankless job is dunzo I'm hittin the streets. First recruit? Eryk Davis Ester. I need someone to play the bongos at are next 'happening'.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! I'm totally onboard!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teronna
Hello reality...leave a message after the beep.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teronna   Email Teronna         Edit/Delete Post     
BEAT THE SYSTEM!!! I totally want to join your rebellious group of rebels!

Oh. And what benefits would we get in the RMB? Dental?

From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Free booze, drugs, bad poetry, lots of teen angst (even for non-teens), increased amounts of tension and conflict with the rest of the board (we'll figure out the why midway through), all kinds of sexual innuendo and possible debauchery, lots of groovy music that often include the bongos, tamborine and of course the mellatron, and most likely tatoos.

Also no leaders but lots of people posturing as leaders.

Possibly removing all upper-case letters from our usernames. Maybe some new cool signature or tidbit underneath the avatar.

Lose a tooth, get two free (that's our dental).

Medical? Well, Dr. Mayavale is our doctor.

Teronna
Hello reality...leave a message after the beep.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teronna   Email Teronna         Edit/Delete Post     
Booze, bad poetry, and bongos? Sweet! And two teeth for the price of one? That's a deal.

Though of course I'm gonna need multiple piercings to go along with my tattoos. And I think I'd rather have Doctor Who or Doc Ock be our resident physician than Dr. Mayavale.

[ February 21, 2008, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Teronna ]

From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
*ram boy breaks out beads and a fringe vest*

Don't trust anyone over thirty, man.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobalt, you ignorant slut--

You know that any so-called "RMB" has absolutely no shot of getting its sea legs without Lard Lad (or his algorithmic equivalent) being associated with it!

So, yes, this is the part where you offer me an appropriate bribe. Don't insult me by pretending you don't know the terms--either the minimum for me to provide the appearance of being associated...or the maximum for me to actually participate!

Make sure you are prompt!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nova Girl
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nova Girl   Email Nova Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm warning you all. This liberal idealism is pointless.

We shape institutions to our ideals. Henceforth, these institutions shape us towards the ideals that we hold high. Because we are weak willed and morally feeble, we should be wary of destroying our institutions. If society's institutions are weakened, individuals will face and fall to their own base morals and fall in the face of temptation.

Therefore this rebellion is ridiculous. What happens when your individual rebels rebel against the hierarchy of the rebellion? Will they form yet another splinter faction? And splinter on until all we are is a group of base individuals at each others' throats in the throes of primal savagery.

No I say. As a duly elected Deputy I object to this notion. And further It's not like Cobie was forced to give up debauchery by an LMB diktat. He chose a stable relationship of his own volition.

Therefore I'm sending the first squad of my "FratBoy Accountant-Trainees in really tight pants" to freeze the RMB's monies pending a full audit.

Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Can we call you groovy chick, Nova Girl? Far out!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Too bad Nova that you became one of them!. There's always a place for you here, whether you want your own tent or to share mine or someone else's.

Lardy algorithm, you know I can't help but feel that you are inherently evil, sent here by the former Computer Tyrant. However, I'd rather have you close. So my offer? I'll reveal to you what really happened on 1/11/2008. At last--you'll know the secret of what we found.

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
You know what this rebellion needs to succeed? Rules and structure.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Rule 1. Turn on

Rule 2. Tune in

Rule 3. Drop out

Structure: I like the Golden Gate Bridge, Quislet Dude. It's so like...meaningful and trippy.

SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Rebellion, eh? Will there be bloodshed? Will there be gratuitous violence? Will there be witty rhetoric?

If you can promise me at least two of the above, I'll join your rebellion ... hell, I'll fire the first shot ...

<splash>

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
You know what? The LMB has become too much like 'the man' for my tastes.

Remind us again... who is the 9-to-5er? the insurance industry rising star/junior big shot?

I sense a faux rebel here, folks.

quote:
You've all gone management and I don't need that jazz.
You ARE management, for all practical purposes, Mr. Security honcho. You come across like a college administrator leading a sit-in/takeover.

quote:
I'm splittin' gang. Cuttin' out. Forming a new LMB--which doesn't need all this structure you put in place.
...says the guy who drafted and single-handedly promoted the constitution and senate. Not to mention the Triumvirate.

quote:
Wanna join up? Fine by me. Just don't go tryin' out or nothing. And don't go expectin nothin either.
I'd rather not. The RMB became passe about 10 minutes after it started.

quote:
The 'R' is for Rebels. The Rebel Message Board Posters.
How rebellious! to start a thread! What's next, a mass demonstration via email?

I'm so jaded about this you can call me Outdoor Miner.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.