Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Who is Lardy's archenemy? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Who is Lardy's archenemy?
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Abin,

that was also at a point where real life suddenly overwhelmed me, yet I had somehow become overly central to three different plotlines.

our own miscommunication at the time is in itself almost comical in retrospect; it just caught me at the wrong time, in the wrong way.

it was a situation where a number of us each apparently had strong ideas on how to proceed, some preconceived, some not. And it was a combination of players that hadn't interacted in that particular dynamic before.

I think with a 'backstage' area for players to hammer out a few parameters, it could be overcome.

I really liked in particular the mystical spontaneity that Candle brought in, the back-and-forth petitioning of the Cack Queen (without her ever posting), the Lardi/Ghost Girl bit.

It might be fun for everyone (Zardi included) to suddenly realize they'd all been mindwiped (to explain the dropped plots), and both sides start trying to figure out who did it to both sides - and why.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
As far as loose ends go, we haven't seen Rockhopper Lass in over three years! Maybe that's why Rocky broke up with Lardy. [Wink]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Obviously, the main thing I've got going on right now is Lardy going power-mad as Chief. So far, it's nothing really illegal or over-the-top, but it's escalating. There are a few places it can go and some I definitely don't want it to. Mostly, I want some spontaneity thru interaction to help guide it.

But everything that's guiding Lardy's action go back as far as "Invasion!" and his feelings of guilt for putting a target on Legion World. More recently, his getting shot and losing his powers followed quickly by Rocky breaking up with him are all causing Lardy to overcompensate in his new role.

There was kind of a love story/redemption arc that Kent refers to with Lardi and Ghost Girl that just kinda got put out to pasture amid all the stuff Kent was talking about. That was a lost opportunity that kind of eats at me that could bear some revisiting. Stu and I had brainstormed some previous lives ideas years ago that Lardi was helping me pay off. The idea that Lardy's soul is reincarnated and every single past life ends with him turning evil is appealing to me in the context of Lardy's huge arc.

It recently occurred to me to start writing tickets for various, supposed laws and regs that are being broken to kind of remind everyone what's going on with Lardy and maybe kickstart some roleplay interaction. Lemme know what you think. If you like, I'll continue.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Red Arrow:
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
Arrow, I'll admit that your character's continuity confuses me, so you'll pardon me if that left me a bit lost. [Embarrassed]

Actually, I have been wanting to reroll and make a new character. We can do that, right?[/QB]
Arrow, I'd honestly rather you didn't "re-roll" Red Arrow until we can resolve her story. I think she could play a big part if we get something going and has already been established to a degree.

While we don't "roll" characters, we are known to reinvent ourselves from time to time, sometimes wholesale. As I've explained before, we're very informal on the rules here and try to do whatever suits us with the roleplaying.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Personally I want to continue the Sam Pureheart/Everyday Girl story with the ideas that Cobie and I worked out. And Kent's idea of a group mindwipe is interesting, especially after Zardi's spell causing everyone to remember him as Jose Jimenenez. Maybe one of Zardi's minions (Or Ex-Minions, like Legolas?) messed with that spell just a little.

I like it. A little something for everyone with the action being confined to a limeted number of threads.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Agreed. Obviously, Zardi is one unifying factor that would bring all or most of the diparate threads together. It would be nice if there are some other surprise elements brought in, as well. I really like what Sharky brought up about Lardy's shooter, for example.

There was also some stuff going on with Exnihil as well. Shady dealings and what-not. Can't remember if or how it was tied in with Zardi.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Oh yeah, and I still haven't figured out exactly who Hot Chick is, either...

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
There is also the tobacco drug ring plotline. I'll have to research how that was playing out. It connected with Cobie, Space Ranger and Gruertis (sp?) Gov of Ventura guy.

The LW prom happened by now but that plotline (Sam Pureheart) is one I definitely want to pursue.

If we could all get back posting at the same time, plus Ex, Ram Boy and others, we should start the ball rolling again! I'd suggest we all post other dangling plotlines first just to bring everyone up to speed.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie post about "Lag-time" is really the reason I havn't taken much part in roleplays for the past few years.
Sure on days off I can keep up no prob, but during my work cycles I work 12 hours + travel time. I barely have time to eat before heading to bed.

However, I think when we start to roleplay again I'll take a shot at joining in again. I really need to resolve the dedman/Shenu relationship

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
In that regard we should all agree as things move allow people time to resolve their stories even if it takes them a few days. The posts don't actually happen in 'real time' in my mind--three days could be three minutes.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I think she could play a big part if we get something going and has already been established to a degree.
Sweet! I'm up for some epic events. Unfortunately/Fortunately my strengths are character creation and character restoration. I can do basic plotting, but would need some prodding to actually finish the RPG.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, as a newbie, I didn't know there was 'lag time'.
I'd just wait until the parties in the current scene stopped posting and left 'Mission'.
I thought that meant it was open to whomever.

I tend to be an action/visual person and get antsy when there's a lot of, to me, talk.
Talk has to be visual stuff, moving along, either intellectually or physically.

I guess I was just going too fast.

I was also discovering my character while trying to respond to what people were doing, like in real life, just going with the flow, from MY perspective.
lol

For example, if Zardi hadn't introduced Cthu... ancient whatever demon and the other demons, I wouldn't have gotten the idea to use Armor of God, which is a spiritual thing in my life here, but which became, since the demons were visable, etc., real weapons against demons in LW.

Zardi's being immortal and invincible made me want to intoduce an equal for him, Mysa Nal3, someone who wasn't stopped by his regular spells.

On and on. .. .

That was hard on everyone, I guess, because people didn't realize I'd added a separate character, at first or didn't get that her powers and her minions were out of sinc with our universe . . .
lol
gads

I really wasn't over powered, I thought, which some thought.
Other than my light power and Armor I had slight empathy (hard earned by the real me) and the gadgets Kent issued, mostly ( [Firm Concept] was a gift from Mysa and very limited in use, the other gates were Kent issued.)

Perhaps off screen we could let people know about who our character(s) basically are and maybe, add and subtract and/or run possibilities/ideas for changes to each other or the moderator, so everyone knows who they're dealing with.

Of course, I may have been the only one who didn't know or wasn't clear.

sigh

[ February 18, 2011, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and I loved the joining of lots of threads to the story.
That was great fun for me.

But, I'm newly 'retired' so . . .

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I say we start something soon (who knows when Historical Methods will beckon me to the library for hours on end). I think I'm going to write a story that ties in with the LMB.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Pureheart
Everyday Girl's Boy Toy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Pureheart   Email Sam Pureheart         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
Well, as a newbie, I didn't know there was 'lag time'.
I'd just wait until the parties in the current scene stopped posting and left 'Mission'.
I thought that meant it was open to whomever.

I tend to be an action/visual person and get antsy when there's a lot of, to me, talk.
Talk has to be visual stuff, moving along, either intellectually or physically.

I guess I was just going too fast.

I was also discovering my character while trying to respond to what people were doing, like in real life, just going with the flow, from MY perspective.
lol

For example, if Zardi hadn't introduced Cthu... ancient whatever demon and the other demons, I wouldn't have gotten the idea to use Armor of God, which is a spiritual thing in my life here, but which became, since the demons were visable, etc., real weapons against demons in LW.

Zardi's being immortal and invincible made me want to intoduce an equal for him, Mysa Nal3, someone who wasn't stopped by his regular spells.

On and on. .. .

That was hard on everyone, I guess, because people didn't realize I'd added a separate character, at first or didn't get that her powers and her minions were out of sinc with our universe . . .
lol
gads

I really wasn't over powered, I thought, which some thought.
Other than my light power and Armor I had slight empathy (hard earned by the real me) and the gadgets Kent issued, mostly ( [Firm Concept] was a gift from Mysa and very limited in use, the other gates were Kent issued.)

Perhaps off screen we could let people know about who are character(s) basically are and maybe, add and subtract and/or run possibilities/ideas for changes to each other or the moderator, so everyone knows who they're dealing with.

Of course, I may have been the only one who didn't know or wasn't clear.

sigh

Just some thoughts raised by your post, Candle.

Role playing on this board is a long drawn out process, largely because our membership is world-wide. The "Lag Time" Cobie is talking about is a result of posters living in England (Faraway) interacting with posters living in Oregon (Candlelight) and Austraila (Joeboy). Early morning for one person might be latenight for another. So a sequence between Candlelight and Faraway Lad might take two or three days of posting time to complete 5 minutes of role play time, because neither poster is up and about when the other is on the board. That doesn't mean a third poster can't step into the scene and contribute something, it just means that everyone needs to understand that replies to what they have posted may take some time to appear and be patient.

Zardi is way too powerful for any single member of the LMBP to take on for a reason. There is nothing epic about a hero going up against a weak opponent. A fully powered Lard Lad (for example) taking on Jailbait Lass isn't heroic but a depowered Chief Lardy preventing Zardi's minions from destroying Founder's Park is.

The heroes are supposed to be at a disadvantage, that's half the fun of it. Zardi just unleashed a horde of deamons at the gates of the Legionworld Nursery School, how can Everyday Girl, Red Arrow, and Candle save the poor little chillins {without going into godmode and magically reversing the deamons back into Zardi's Castle with powers they didn't have yesterday.}?

Figuring out a way to beat the vastly more powerful bad guy is the challenge, and half the fun of the role play.

The other half is developing your character or characters.

--------------------
When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.

From: Medicus Two | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.