Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Who is Lardy's archenemy? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Who is Lardy's archenemy?
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
I thought that Zardi was Lardy's arch-nemesis-in-waiting.

[shrug] Maybe he's too busy running his chain restaurant, though...

Actually, I've been thinking a lot about Zardi in this discussion. I don't know if Abin created him with Lardy in mind as his major opponent (in fact I'm sure he didn't), but Zardi seems kind of keyed in on Lardy with most of what he does. If nothing else, Zardi seems like a perfect foil for Lardy in many ways.

quote:
Originally posted by future king:
Whoever he turns out to be I bet he'll have on a black hat!

Pretty sure Zardi wears one... [Hmmm?]

Actually, Zardi was created with the idea that he could stand up the entire LMBP (Admittedly with the help of his castle full of hench-beings) and take their best shot. Zardi is intended to be the LMBP's Dr Doom. A foe that can be thwarted but not defeated.

But then again, Zardi's first opponent was Lardi, before he lost his powers, and Lardi's history works well with Zardi's, so...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
Actually, Zardi was created with the idea that he could stand up the entire LMBP (Admittedly with the help of his castle full of hench-beings) and take their best shot. Zardi is intended to be the LMBP's Dr Doom. A foe that can be thwarted but not defeated.

But then again, Zardi's first opponent was Lardi, before he lost his powers, and Lardi's history works well with Zardi's, so...

Like I said parenthetically, I know that Zardi wasn't created for Lardy, but I can't think of anyone he's keyed on like he has Lardy. I know it doesn't hurt that I worked in Lardi into Zardi's backstory. Also doesn't hurt that I always charge headfirst into any roleplay scenario and am never shy about interacting. In any case the two seem to mix as well as oil and water! [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

I haven't really felt like role playing in a while (and my tendancy to try to force the action to fit my preconcieved scenario whilst ignoring other posters ideas on where the action should go is probably one of the major reasons for the decline of role playing on the MMB) but we have a plethoria of hanging plots that should be cleared up.

And Zardi is still disguised as Jose Jimenenez and hanging around by the Security Office pool.

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Is Rocky his nemesis? Nah. But there's a part of Lardy that feels Rocky dumped him for reasons other than the stated one that by Pyngwyny law Rocky can not have a consort without super-powers. And that thought is eating away at Lardy in a bad way.

Honestly, I don't think there is another reason that Rocky called off their relationship, although Rocky's patience was taxed during the Lardi episode. Rocky has moved on and has made friendly overtures to Lardy, which have mostly been rebuffed, pretty much ruling out the possibility of reconciliation, at least for the foreseeable future.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
quote:

Is Rocky his nemesis? Nah. But there's a part of Lardy that feels Rocky dumped him for reasons other than the stated one that by Pyngwyny law Rocky can not have a consort without super-powers. And that thought is eating away at Lardy in a bad way.

Honestly, I don't think there is another reason that Rocky called off their relationship, although Rocky's patience was taxed during the Lardi episode. Rocky has moved on and has made friendly overtures to Lardy, which have mostly been rebuffed, pretty much ruling out the possibility of reconciliation, at least for the foreseeable future.
Honestly, it doesn't matter that Rocky's reasons were genuine, just what how Lardy perceives what they were, if that makes any sense. Inside, Lardy's so insecure that he's gonna cook up his own version of what he thinks really happened, accept it as fact and let it gnaw at his soul. That's the way Lardy is and part of why he's his own worst enemy.

Basically, Lardy's high-maintenance in a way that defies the normal use of the term! Anyone who knows him probably wouldn't have blamed Rocky if his reasons WERE more about being sick of putting up with his crap!

Personally, I'm surprised Rocky ever fell for him--or at least allowed himself to enter into a relationship!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
I haven't really felt like role playing in a while (and my tendancy to try to force the action to fit my preconcieved scenario whilst ignoring other posters ideas on where the action should go is probably one of the major reasons for the decline of role playing on the MMB) but we have a plethoria of hanging plots that should be cleared up.

And Zardi is still disguised as Jose Jimenenez and hanging around by the Security Office pool.

Don't be too hard on yourself. As you've pointed out, I can never seem to be content to let Lardy play a supporting role. I'm just so into the character, I seize every opportunity to have him do something really defining to develop him further.

But yeah, we've gotta do some more roleplaying to tie up all these loose ends. (I mean, we still don't know who shot Lardy, among all those other things!) The funny thing is that I felt the last full roleplay "Thyme Crime" fired so well on all cylinders that I'm surprised we've had such a prolonged burn-out. Well, maybe we can all get something going soon.

--------------------

SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
There is the small matter of my undead sister, Psychotic Beaver... she's never had the chance to repay Lardy for that shotgun blast oh so many years ago...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by SharkLad:
There is the small matter of my undead sister, Psychotic Beaver... she's never had the chance to repay Lardy for that shotgun blast oh so many years ago...

[Hmmm?]

--------------------

future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I envision the Chief's arch enemy to have fangs and be dressed completely in black from head to toe. Oh and he must have really long nails too!

< pauses for a moment >

Oh wait, I'm sorry ... I was thinking of myself from back in the 80's again. He he he! *gulp*
[Big Grin]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Arrow, I'll admit that your character's continuity confuses me, so you'll pardon me if that left me a bit lost. [Embarrassed] [/QB]

Actually, I have been wanting to reroll and make a new character. We can do that, right?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Red, what's this? Are you a writer or is this a LW game of some sort?
Can you give me the link to some of your stuff?

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:

Don't be too hard on yourself. As you've pointed out, I can never seem to be content to let Lardy play a supporting role. I'm just so into the character, I seize every opportunity to have him do something really defining to develop him further.

But yeah, we've gotta do some more roleplaying to tie up all these loose ends. (I mean, we still don't know who shot Lardy, among all those other things!) The funny thing is that I felt the last full roleplay "Thyme Crime" fired so well on all cylinders that I'm surprised we've had such a prolonged burn-out. Well, maybe we can all get something going soon.

Yes, don't be too hard on yourself, Abin.
I was a newbie in my first roleplay and it was with your Zardi.
I didn't realize that there was a preconceived plot line until the end, for me, when the pregnant captives showed up on the castle.

Lardi didn't really seem to interact with anyone then, other then Rocky, since he was going through the past history and power-up.

But, maybe after I stopped playing things changed.

[ February 15, 2011, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, I think you guys are all being too hard on yourself. Everyone has to have their own stake in the roleplay otherwise they won't put a significant effort into it.

I wonder if some of the habits we've gotten into over the years are a little more of the reason? Like jumping from thread to thread too quickly, or starting too many new threads when characters go off on their own. Suddenly if three posters go off for their own side story, and there were two new threads to begin with, and then a poster jumps to three locations, there are like 9 active threads on the MMB in the roleplay. Some posters (like me) might find that exciting but others may be overwhelmed by the vastness of it and back away. (The ones who just plain don't like it, well screw them [Wink] ).

Also, maybe we have raised our expectations of reply time too high. For instance, if someone posts something Monday morning and there isn't a big response by Wednesday afternoon, the original poster might jump the gun and move forward, and perhaps there wasn't proper time in between for other posters to weigh in. Our posting times are all over the map generally. For me, anything that is started on a Friday means I certainly won't be really giving it a look until Monday afternoon. I expect other posters have similar lags.

I think maybe things like that which are no ones fault but have become kind of the nature of the roleplay are more of a hindering factor than a helpful one? Maybe I'm wrong.

I know Ram Boy said he was interested and he's our leader, and from experience I know when the LMB Leader is into a roleplay that can really take it to the next level.

Also, I can't even remember where I left off with Cobalt other than stepping down from the OS, breaking Jailbait Lass's heart and then pretending to just be relaxing when he obviously has altertior, perhaps questionnable motives/activities on the side.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
Hey Red, what's this? Are you a writer or is this a LW game of some sort?
Can you give me the link to some of your stuff?

Red Arrow was a RPG cameo character I had on another site. She was originally from a world with both Marvel & DC characters. She was part of a Thunderbolts team led by Citizen V (son of Citizen V & Baron Zemo II). Another teamate was Starman and Mist's son who went by the codename Fixer so his father wouldn't know. You know, that sounds like something I want to play now.

But then I discovered Lian was killed, so I decided to make a Exile-esque convulted origin.

I realize it is confusing, so I'm developing a character slightly lesss confusing. Though I wonder if he/she (haven't decided) would be better as an anti-hero. I will post it soon and see what you all think.

My writing on this site is more inspired from Japanese pop culture than comics. Lots of violence and warm-hearted moments: http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001188

In all honesty, while DC has better plots nowadays, Marvel characters are funner to roleplay. Flaws are a wonderful source of drama. I wonder if anyone else would be up for a Marvel RPG.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

quote:

Does anybody know all of the current loose ends? Cobie is the ultimate arbiter of LMBP Continuity, maybe he can figure it out...

Or we could just pick it up in a limited number of threads (Security Office, Cafe Cramer, Abin's fixit shop, mabe one or two others...)

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.