Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Who is Lardy's archenemy? (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Who is Lardy's archenemy?
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've loved pitting Lardy against a seemingly unbeatable foe, especially since Lardy was easily one of the most powerful LMBers when he had powers. But I've been there and done that, had Lardy sacrifice his life (and have a complicated resurrection [Smile] ) and all that mess. Now, as Sam/Abin says, it's time to see if he can be a real hero with no powers. The exciting thing is: I don't know if he can! Lardy might just fail miserably and let everyone down--or he might surprise himself and really do some good.

I don't have Lardy's future as Chief of Security mapped out. I suspect it's gonna be a short-term job for him. But he may surprise me and last as long or longer than Cobalt did in the position. Roleplaying brings these things out better than anything else can. That's why I love doing it!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
To Shady:

I'd say the best thing you could do is to "hang out" a little bit in-character at any number of social threads like Cramer's, the Rookery or SHAKES and just interact with other posters, That way, we can get a feel for your character in a more conversational manner. We can get an idea of what your powers are, and you can establish virtual friendships with other characters and help us anticipate your character more in a natural manner. For some reason I think a friendship with Shady and Rockhopper Lad would be a natural.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Red Arrow:
quote:
I think she could play a big part if we get something going and has already been established to a degree.
Sweet! I'm up for some epic events. Unfortunately/Fortunately my strengths are character creation and character restoration. I can do basic plotting, but would need some prodding to actually finish the RPG.
Like I've told you before, our style here is looser and less structured than the kinds of RPGs you're familiar with. There's tons of room for innovation and spontaneity in how we do it. While it's discouraged to do something that effectively ends the threat prematurely, there's still a lot of room to help develop the story. Trust me! [Smile]

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
[QB]Now, as Sam/Abin says, it's time to see if he can be a real hero with no powers. The exciting thing is: I don't know if he can! Lardy might just fail miserably and let everyone down--or he might surprise himself and really do some good.

Of course it is possible. The irony is that Superman is celebrated in the 31st century, sales and popularity seem to indicate that if any DC super-hero is remembered then, it will be Batman.

I kind of want to something similar to the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon out right now (yeah, I've been watching Marvel's Youtube channel when I'm not absorbed in academia). A nice balance of powers and personalities that leads to endless storylines.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't like double-posting, but I see no other way of getting everyones attention. I am starting to get to the meat of my LMB fanfiction. If you want details on how I plan to portray your characters please tell me. If you would like to contribute to the fanfiction, that would be great too. But bear in mind I have a road map for this fanfiction, so communicate!!!

I will definately PM Chief Lardy because his character is the linch-pin in the plot.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Guys, shoot me a PM if you want Lardy to meddle in one of your plotlines. I've kinda latched on to following Abin around for no particular reason other than that Lardy's been keeping an eye on him. But Ex's post about the Security Office turning a "blind eye" to Ex's doings has piqued my interest as well.

I'm also looking for a character with awesome espionage skills to work for Lardy but am a little stumped. Moral ambiguity would be a big plus for him/her.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Red Arrow:
I don't like double-posting, but I see no other way of getting everyones attention. I am starting to get to the meat of my LMB fanfiction. If you want details on how I plan to portray your characters please tell me. If you would like to contribute to the fanfiction, that would be great too. But bear in mind I have a road map for this fanfiction, so communicate!!!

I will definately PM Chief Lardy because his character is the linch-pin in the plot.

Write away, Arrow! I'll certainly be happy to add some insight!

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Your PM Box was full, so I decided to reply here:

If anyone is reading 'Sons of Infinity' there are a ton of Spoilers below. Read at your own risk!

quote:
I'll probably be able to read it tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm okay with Sebastian being the son of one of Lardy's previous lives. If he's your age, however, there should be some explanation that the gem causes him to age very slowly because Lardy in his current incarnation is in his early 30s. Even if he was born right before that incarnation died, he'd be just as old as Lardy.
Yes, I just ran into that plothole. I was originally going to make Sebastian Robin-Aged but realized that would cause a lot of time related problems. I think I might go with that Sebastian thinks Lardy is his father, but is proven wrong by what you just pointed out. Sebastian has Classic Rogue's powerset, which includes it's problems and could easily be manipulated by Red Arrow and Chief Lardy.

Think Captain Marvel being seduced onto Osborn's side in the Skrull Invasion.

I absolutely love Classic Rogue's powerset so that's why I gave it Sebastian. And since I aged him up I can do shipping (romance) whch is fun. Sebastian will definantely switch sides at some point in the climax. Given his powerset he could fill in that hole for a spy you are looking for. I really would like to roleplay this out with others.

I could alter the plot so that one of the other Six is the Son of one of Lady's previous incarnations. Possibly Adrian because he is the eldest. And instead of doing the whole sympathetic Star Wars act, Adrian would reject his father.

The characters are not powered by the Infinity Gems but loosely based on them.

If the current arc is Civil War, think of my fanfiction as World War Hulk. An interesting story that's more about characters personalities and powers than advancing a plot.

[ February 17, 2011, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Red Arrow ]

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

No, no, Arrow. Stick with Sebastian being the son of Lardy's last incarnation. Make him the young age you want him to be. Just use some time-travel explanation or something. It would be easy enough with Infinity Gems being involved, wouldn't it?

I'd LOVE to have a character with that pedigree running around! Please reconsider with my encouragement! [Yes]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Aside> It's very appropriate for Red Arrow to be writing for a character named Sebastian </Aside> [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
To Shady:

I'd say the best thing you could do is to "hang out" a little bit in-character at any number of social threads like Cramer's, the Rookery or SHAKES and just interact with other posters, That way, we can get a feel for your character in a more conversational manner. We can get an idea of what your powers are, and you can establish virtual friendships with other characters and help us anticipate your character more in a natural manner. For some reason I think a friendship with Shady and Rockhopper Lad would be a natural.

I sort of tried that and mostly, I thought, got snubbed.
I'm probably wrong, but Rocky hasn't ever shown much interest in me on the boards, so I haven't a clue why he would in roleplay.

And what't the difference between pulling a howitzer from the air and using my Shield of Faith to hit a demon though a Security Office issue 'gate' or using a faery knock-out syringe, Kent issue, again?

The other thing is that I'm not going to become a hostage without one hell of a fight, especially against demons, whom I consider my vast inferiors and totally defeated already by my God.

It's been a long time since Sue Storm sat on the sidelines or was dragged down the hall.

And, fighting Galactus doesn't really work unless you use an ultimate nulifier or enlist the powers of someone on a cosmic power level.
imo

That's how the FF did it, anyway.
Who defeats Darkseid?
It's always something or someone New Godish.
Who defeated the last DnA emporer? His equal, Black Bolt.

I don't know.
Abin and I just see things differently
and I hate Zardi, so if I start again, I'll use angels and God related things against him and his demons because that's my right as a Christian and it's what I do in real life.
So, I'll just stay away.

Thanks for listening and have fun.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

quote:
No, no, Arrow. Stick with Sebastian being the son of Lardy's last incarnation. Make him the young age you want him to be. Just use some time-travel explanation or something. It would be easy enough with Infinity Gems being involved, wouldn't it?

I'd LOVE to have a character with that pedigree running around! Please reconsider with my encouragement! [Yes]

I'll see what makes sense. Like I said I would like to roleplay some of this out. Would that be possible?

Anywho, Sebastian inherited from his father what might be the best and worst powerset in the universe. You go on any arena section of a comic book forum, and you are bound to see Classic Rogue used in a tournament. However, the power is more a curse than a gift. Never being able to touch another without fear...I would rather be normal too.

I still need LMB style codename for him.

In that way, Sebastian is a nice foil to the Chief Lardy character. Chief Lardy misses his powers and seems to be overcompensating for the loss. Sebastian would give away everything to be normal. All those powers and memories, he does not know his identity, and he is easily exploited by people like Adrian who are looking for an opportunity.

Please, Legionworld let me roleplay this character.

Important Edit/Spoiler: Sebastian's LMB style codename is Click Here For A SpoilerQuestion Kid

[ February 18, 2011, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Red Arrow ]

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

quote:
Zardi is way too powerful for any single member of the LMBP to take on for a reason. There is nothing epic about a hero going up against a weak opponent. A fully powered Lard Lad (for example) taking on Jailbait Lass isn't heroic but a depowered Chief Lardy preventing Zardi's minions from destroying Founder's Park is.
- Sam Pureheart

As I've been making Red Arrow's family tree (yes, contiunity will make sense!), with it's large amount of super-heroes and super-villains I am noticing a trend. The people I consider major villains, Dr.Silvana, Lex Luthor, etc. do not have powers. Instead rely on intelligence and manipulating the more powerful. Why do you think that is?

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.