Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Today I (verb)...Round Three (Page 66)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 69 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69   
Author Topic: Today I (verb)...Round Three
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Decided to book a cheap room ($40) to avoid a long late drive home after tonight's state semi-finals of football.

The room has high speed internet and cable tv. I don't have those at home. It has a HUGE jacuzzi. I've never been in one. It's snowing outside. The game is on tv.

hmmmmm

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
oh yeah, before leaving town I decided to stop at the school a do a bit of lesson planning and grading. They installed a new electronic key system so all I had to do was swipe it to get in. All the school's lights were on.

After an hour, two security guards showed up and asked me how I got in. I said I walked in. I tried to tell them their system let me in and by the way, the outside door doesn't close and lock. They wouldn't let me. They started accusing me of all kinds of dastardly things, not having permission to come in (need permission to work, lol) and causing overtime charges.

Their system let me in. All the lights in a three story building were on. It took them an hour to find me. There were cars in the parking lot. One of the outside doors doesn't close....

Our school has an 82% poverty rate, 20% disability rate, failing state scores and I was wrong for trying to do some work on Black Friday instead of shopping.

Sigh.

Thanks for letting me rant.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
...am headed out to have Thanksgiving leftovers with the neighbors. Good thing I saved some cookies from yesterday's party.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
...yeah. whatever to today.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
...went to a fundraiser for my neighbours who had a house fire earlier this month.
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:

Thanks for letting me rant.

... encouraged Blockade Boy to rant some more.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Encouragement can be bad. Today I read in the paper one of my former students got stabbed in a 5am beer-pong dispute, which I suppose is better than my present student (15 yrs old) who got shot in the leg two weeks ago. This is my old neighborhood and I love it dearly but we really need to stop drinking the water straight from the river.
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
...put a new faucet in the bathroom, and set up the Christmas tree.

Also watching the Watchmen...answering that age old question.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
...almost decided to roast vegetables with five-spice and cumin every day just to enjoy the fragrance.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

.. overslept and as a result, got ready to go in 10 minutes

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
...partied into the early morning, slept in, took myself to brunch, ate too much, watched tv, and fiddled around online. All in all not a bad 30th.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

... sent ActorLad a virtual cake!

--------------------

Blaze
Firing Up Your Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blaze           Edit/Delete Post     
... booked my hotels in Beijing and Harbin!
From: in your dreams | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

... nagged Blaze to get his China visa!

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
... didn't get hardly any work done ... lazy Power Boy! [slap]
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 69 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.