Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Rest in peace, l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Rest in peace, l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
I met John just once, in 2006, but this tragic news still brought me to sad and shocked tears. My heartfelt condolences to his loved ones.
From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Sheesh

RIP lJ

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Like many, I met John too at San Diego. He was a really nice guy and very funny. He will be missed.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
a few scattered memories: John and I busting on Abin during our drive from Vegas to San Diego. When he'd respond, John and I would say "You're right, Abin," as patronizingly as we could just to get his goat...

John and I (along with Monkey-Eater Lad and maybe a few others) were published in the 2008 San D Con guide, among the many Legion anniversary submissions.

Chatting about real-life stuff. He had intended to return to school right around the same time I did... years later, we found that we had both been at the School of Visual Arts in NYC right around the same time... little stuff like that.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This is the worst news I've heard in a long time. I'm actually having a hard time processing it. I met John just the once at SDCC '08, but we've been friends on FB ever since. I was so happy for him when he and Addie married last year. They seemed like the perfect match. It breaks my heart that they had so little time together and, worse, that his child will never know him.
Goodbye John.

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
This is horrible. I've met John several times over the years at Comic-Con. It's hard to believe I won't be seeing him again.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Rhino - [Hug]
Actually, group [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] .

I wish I understood everything, but I don't.

I'm glad he had the loving life that his friends have revealed here and I'm sad that he's gone so soon.

My prayers go out for his family and friends for comfort during this time of grief.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw a flurry of posts on Facebook this afternoon and finally made the connection. This is so sad -- I so wish I'd tried harder to contact him about my New York trip.

My heart go out to his wife and daughter. You, too, Rhino.

I hope they find comfort in seeing how many people knew and loved him -- even if just in the virtual world.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I just made the connection as well, as I didn't visit MMB last night. I saw some references from several LMBers on FB and thought a celebrity or something had died. This is much, much worse.

Never met the guy (or, regretfully, any of you to this point), but he always came off as sweet and genuine as you guys who have met him say.

This is a terrible, terrible loss for our community. as terrible as it is for us, I can't comprehend how horrible it is and will be for his wife, his family and his unborn daughter. It's taking everything I can muster to keep from crying because the tragedy of this is so overwhelming. The only reason I fight it is because my wife and little boys are all very nearby, and i don't want to upset them.

Just wanted you to know that I love all you guys, and I feel privileged to know all of you.

Rest in peace, John.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Rest in peace, LEGIONJohn...and tell Hi to Yellow Kid for us.

my heartfelt condolence to his wife and daughter.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ravenette84
here by somewhat popular demand

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ravenette84   Author's Homepage   Email Ravenette84         Edit/Delete Post     
I am beyond shocked by this news.
I don't even have words to express how heartbroken I am that he is gone.

--------------------
Sometimes it's not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning!

From: San Leandro, California | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ravenette84:
I am beyond shocked by this news.
I don't even have words to express how heartbroken I am that he is gone.

My condolences to you Raven.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ravenette84
here by somewhat popular demand

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ravenette84   Author's Homepage   Email Ravenette84         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Quislet, I can only imagine how his poor wife feels.
He was an amazing man.

--------------------
Sometimes it's not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning!

From: San Leandro, California | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
From John's Facebook page, here is a link to make donations to cover his funeral expenses.

http://www.gofundme.com/dx2h4

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
My thoughts and condolences go out to his family & friends...especially to his wife.

So sad...

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.