Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Rest in peace, l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Rest in peace, l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[Frown]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Good God...this is horrible.

So saddened by this. I only know John through here and on FB...where I have had a great time interacting with him.

Oh dear...

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Thinking of John, I remembered a story he told of the San Diego Comic Con. It seems while walking about at the Con he saw Jonathan Frakes talking to a woman. He went up to Mr. Frakes and asked if he would mind having his picture taken together. Mr. Frakes said "sure" & John asked the woman if she would mind taking the picture. She did and after the picture was taken, Mr. Frakes said something to the effect that he was surprised that John didn't want the woman in the picture too. As the two of the walked away, John realized that the woman was Marina Sirtis.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Quislet, Esq. Whenever we lose someone we also lose a thousand living stories. Peace, John, you will be missed.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Very sad news.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I never knew him well, but I did enjoy his art on bits when he a chance to post some.
Sad news for his friends and family [Frown]

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Gosh. What sad news. I only knew him via his posts here but he always seemed like a nice, fun guy.

Rest in Peace, John.

[Frown]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I was floored when I saw heard the news on Facebook and was hoping I simply misread it. Like many others here I mainly knew him online but had the privilege of meeting him at our big get together in at SDCC'08. He was a really nice guy and a pleasure to know. He sounded so happy lately online enjoying being married and looking forward to the birth his daughter. Rest in peace man.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm horrified and in shock... LOVED seeing his posts on Facebook about the woman he obviously adored!

I still have an unreturned "POKE" from him, I was saving for just the right moment...

This is the definition of tragic. [Frown]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
This is terrible! He just got married and his sweet, beautiful bride is pregnant!
I met John & Addie last year and we clicked instantly. He was a big, laid back, too-smart-for-his-own-good, teddy bear of a man. He was witty & friendly & treated me like an old friend, even though we just met. He put up with my flaming, multiple hugs & kisses, and ever since, he's been my FB super-friend; always sending me private messages & pokes, and always posting stuff I might find of interest on my wall.
I'm too shocked to even process this. Is existence really this random? Are we really this unimportant in the grand scheme of things? Why is Addie-this wonderful person-being punished this way?? I'm so angry & lost right now, I can't scream loud enough!! We are nothing in the creator's eyes. NOTHING!!!!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
John & Adero on their wedding day, Dec.2, 2011.
 -

[ January 31, 2012, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: lil'rhino ]

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Charlemagne
Frisky Perchlorate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Charlemagne   Email Kid Charlemagne         Edit/Delete Post     
I guess this man posted here before I ever found this site, for this is the first I've heard of him.

May he rest in peace, and may his survivors find solace in this hard time.

"Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as ravens' claws."--James Douglas Morrison

--------------------
If your klordny lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical attention.

From: Arkansas Province, Baaldur | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
[Hug] for Rhino.

KC, John had posted less in recent years than he used to, but he would still post occasionally.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
He ... treated me like an old friend, even though we just met.

Absolutely. That's exactly what I thought when I heard about this last night.

Kent and I were waiting in the lobby of the NYC Comic Con, waiting to meet some other LWers to go out to dinner. As we stood there chatting, suddenly, this fellow I had never seen before started approaching me and, before even saying who he was, just outstretched his arms and hugged me.

"Oh, OK, Hi there". [Smile]

That's making me smile even as I type it.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Incredibly sad. Hope his wife will be OK.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.