Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Location for the 2013 LW Gathering (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Location for the 2013 LW Gathering
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
I selfishly voted for Chicago, because it's only 2 hours away (assuming I can get my Visa renewed and I'm still in Indy next year!)

Some great cities on that list, but unfortunately I don't have time or funds to go too far. But it would be lovely to see some old friends again.

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Just 3 hours left to have your vote count!

With 33 votes in, we are no longer in a tie situation. There is a clear frontrunner at this time... but just a one point spread among the top 3.

This could go in any direction, so chime in now, or... come 9PM EST tonight, chime no more.

...or something. [Smile]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calm Yo Tits
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calm Yo Tits           Edit/Delete Post     
Meet me at KFC
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
That is correct - I figured that methodology would strike the best balance between everyone having an equal vote for their first choice, but still being able to issue a nominal support for a couple other locations that, while not their personal preferences, they wouldn't necessarily mind going to.

I approve of your methodology. I would suggest, though, in the event of a tie, we take a few days to re-evaluate/debate the pros and cons of our finalists before conducting a run-off.

Alternatively, a tie in which one has more first-place votes coul be considered the winner, as well.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raging Bull
Maverick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raging Bull           Edit/Delete Post     
Or let each tied choice be represented by its most ardent advocate from among LW's ranks -- the ultimate winner to be determined by a contest in which the participants must make no more and no fewer than one post in every successive five-minute period. If you post more than once in a five-minute period, or fail to post, you're out.

Can you imagine how torturous such a contest could be, especially if it went on for, say, two and a half hours? I shudder at the thought! [Eek!]

--------------------
♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦

From: The open range | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Only a true sadist could ever design such a contest, RB. [Wink]

10 minutes until the moment of truth... I eagerly await any 11th hour surprise voters.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Raging Bull
Maverick

Jeff, I have this hidden immunity idol and I'd like to play it...

--------------------

From: The open range | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

:strangle:

First off, my sincere thanks for everyone who participated in this poll. The large turnout was well above any thing I expected and really shows that there is a large amount of support for this idea.

So... let's cut right to the chase... in reverse order the results are:

Austin, TX - 5 points
Florida Keys - 5 points
Myrtle Beach, SC - 7 points
Charlotte, NC - 8 points
Orlando, FL - 12 points
Washington, DC - 12 points
Boston - 14 points
Memphis, TN - 16 points
NYC - 17 points

and with a final day surge for 19 points... the location of the 2013 Legion World Gathering is...

--------------------

Exnihil

CHICAGO!!!

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Glad to see this. It ups my chances of seeing you guys by quite a large percentage.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Great city, cheap & easy to get to, equally close to just about everyone...this was the best choice.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

I think quite a few people are going to feel the same, Dev.

Though it wasn't my first choice (I actually gave my first place vote to Myrtle Beach... and was the only one who did so!) I do love Chicago.

It is a fantastic city with sooooo much to do. I spent five days there with Mrs. Nihil once, and came away wishing I had more time.

As Cobie mentions on the previous page, Chicago being a hub airport really opens the doors for a lot of discount airfares and the possibility that quite a few folks who couldn't get to one of the more remote sites, might now be able to make it.

Now we just need to figure out when. [Smile]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
...and if (I really should be able to, if even for a day) make it, I can bring Suddenly Seymour with me. Kicking and screaming if need be. [Wink]
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Road trip, Dev! I promise I won't make you listen to showtunes the whole way. [Smile]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raging Bull
Maverick

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Great city, cheap & easy to get to, equally close to just about everyone...this was the best choice.

Also, it lends itself well to some kind of pre-meet up LW musical parody event based on a Prohibition-era LW...

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.