Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Location for the 2013 LW Gathering (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Location for the 2013 LW Gathering
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
This poll is to determine the location of the proposed Legion World get together for 2013. Details of the specific timing will be decided at a later date

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

All right, Legion Worlders, as you may have seen:

Here

planning has begun for what is hoped will be a massive gathering of Legion Worlders in 2013.

The above poll is an attempt to nail down the location from the suggestions made by your fellow posters.

It is divided into two questions, the first of which you may use to vote for your primary choice of the ten options, and the second of which you may use to vote for up to two additional secondary choices.

This will be a weighted poll, with primary votes receiving two points toward a total, and secondary votes receiving one each.

Have at it, and next Monday night (April 2nd) we'll have a clearer picture of our destination and then begin planning out the dates.

[ March 26, 2012, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I voted.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Vote early vote often!

and thanks once again Exxy for bring ringleader.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I voted; the second choice was tough but I finally went with the one place that I think I would most be fascinated by the gay bars-- Boston, Mass! Can you imagine a gay bar full of hot Irish dudes and Boston accents? *dreamy sigh*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote YES!

but seriously, I can't decide. so I'm abstaining ... for now ....

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Even though I don't think it would be good for the location, I had to pick Boston as my primary as it would be so cost effective for me.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Well... after a day of voting (and a great turnout so far - really awesome that there is so much interest!) the results so far are... interesting.

A couple of the choices that I had thought early on were sure to be favorites have generated very little support, while some of what I perceived as "dark horse" candidates are leading the pack.

Given the weighted nature of the poll - where primary choices get two points, and secondary choices get one - at current count, with 19 voters, we now have no greater than a 5 point spread among the top 7 candidates!

This is still any place's game, so - if anyone is on the fence about whether they'd like to be a part of this event next year - remember that it might be your vote that makes the difference and places this gathering right in your neck of the woods.

Unless, of course, you're Blacula... then... well... hey... 2018! [Wink]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think geography has a lot to do with voting. Washington, DC, is my first choice, but I voted for Austin second because it's the closest to where I live. [shrug]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
very well I shall vote then ...
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

i also really want to see these *results* [Razz]
BouncingBear
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BouncingBear   Email BouncingBear         Edit/Delete Post     
I would love to attend, but I have been exiled to Munich, Germany. Too bad there isn't a European version of LW.
From: San Francisco | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Can I vote again ... or change my votes .... ?
Exnihil

Hmmm... I don't know, Peebs. I'll do whatever everyone wants, but personally, I don't think that would really be fair.

I set up the poll this way (that you can't view the results until you vote), and have avoided naming any specific sites in the result discussion, to try to make it as "free-will" based as possible. Basically - everyone votes for their own specific reasons (geography, desire to go someplace, convenience for others, whatever) without having a preconceived bias.

I made sure to be the first voter to avoid just that in myself, but, in retrospect, had I known that a certain other location would have had as much support as it does, I would have voted differently, as well.

I think a good approach might be to use the main thread to make a good case for whatever site you want... and perhaps some other people who are still on the fence might be swayed.

I don't know... thoughts?

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

very well. ok ok. [Smile]

thanks.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.