Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Vacation to Rimbor (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Vacation to Rimbor
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The doors of the airlock open ... slowly ... and inside stood ...

-

Power Boy dodged, for some reason, despite being invulnerable ... it was his instinct.

As the pirate captain's flaming hands went long missing Power Boy ... the fist went into the wall of the shuttle ... and it sizzled ... the wall panel went white ... faded ... and disappeared.

"ANTI-MATTER GLOVES." Power Boy said aloud. he knew he knew that smell.

Anti-Matter technology was strictly regulated in the UP, in fact only a few labs in the UP were allowed to use small amounts for research.

Anti-Matter weaponry was abhorrent!

Power Boy continued to dodge, the assailant with anti-matter gloves ... too slow for the New Gods super speed.

Power Boy thought of Angdar behind him.

"Angdar stay back!"

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Power Boy crouched as the space-pirate approached Angdar.

"This is going to be messy."

Power Boy's eyes lit up, and his laser vision fired.

Golden beams of light struck the pirates fore arms where they connected to the Anti-Matter gauntlets. In a horrifying scene that only took a moment, the space-pirates gauntlets with hands inside, were cut off and dropped to the floor.

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

The gauntlets sizzled as they hit the floor ... but the Anti-Matter charge diffused as they were connected from the host.

The space-pirate fainted, his thick muscular form hitting the deck. His wrists cauterized by the Power Boy's laser vision.

The blood curdling scream ended the fight. The remaining space pirates that were conscious ... surrendered giving up instantly at the gruesome sight.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angdar Fel
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angdar Fel   Email Angdar Fel         Edit/Delete Post     
"Thanks Power Boy. I was kind of out of room to move here," Angdar said as he lifted his right hand and knocked on the airlock directly behind him.

He looked from Power Boy down to the pirate laying on the floor without hands. "Effective. If a bit extreme. Better than I was going to do...my cut would not have been automatically cauterized."

Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)
Sassy and all dressed up

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)           Edit/Delete Post     
Back in the LMBers ship, Kinetix dodged the objects being hurled at her by the telekinetic pirate. She glanced frantically around for Emily or Lolita, but couldn't see them in the fray - they were busy with their own opponents.

She threw herself across a corridor just as a knife flew past her ear. Seething, she turned and faced the pirate and telekinetically squeezed the tube carrying air into her suit.

"Hah! I can just hold it open, you know," the pirate laughed mockingly.

"You can try, but can you succeed?" Zoe smirked. She focused her will on crushing the tube.

The pirate frowned, and focused her own will. She began reaching out to rip a hole in Zoe's own transuit. Zoe gasped as she felt the fabric of her suit stretch. She quickly reinforced it, then redoubled her efforts on her opponent.

Sweat began pouring down both of their faces. Zoe was beginning to tire, but she only needed a few seconds before lack of air would...

The pirate slumped to the floor. Zoe quickly checked - she was still breathing. Zoe quickly snapped a power inhibitor on her.

"Now, where are the others?" She flew off to where the sounds of fighting were heaviest.

--------------------
Why must power be so elusive?

From: Aleph | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)
Sassy and all dressed up

Before she got far, a rain of bullets hit the wall behind her. Gasping, Zoe hit the deck.

She turned to see a large man with guns on his arms. He grinned evilly as he aimed again. "Shame to waste such a pretty one as you, but I know who you are. Too powerful to live." He squeezed the trigger.

Zoe quickly threw up a shield, then merged the bullets into a single large sphere and threw it back at the pirate. It hit him on the side of the head, and he collapsed to the floor with a thud.

"You didn't know me well enough, did you?"

She quickly fused his limbs to the floor and dismantled the guns on his hands. "Grife, how many more of them are there?"

--------------------

From: Aleph | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Power Boy carefully tossed the Anti-Matter gauntlets into a tesseract storage pocket he carried around. "Rond Vidar, you've outdone yourself."

With the pirate ship secured Power Boy said:

"We had better see how the women are doing and get back to the shuttle. We can't let them have all the fun Angdar!"

[ November 26, 2012, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
As the fighting continued, Lolita remained hidden, crouched over an unconcious pirate with the unfortunate codename of Thunderballs. Using special tech deemed illegal in the UP, she was downloading information directly from the pirate's brain into her omni-com and then analyzing it as it flashed across the screen.

Ah.

That's what I was looking for. This band might be a bunch of B-listers, but clearly they are connected to the real enemy on Rimbor.

It appears "the Drunken Scabbard" is where we're going to get some real information on The Sword of Carnage, who seem to be the real power players on Rimbor.

<pulls out blaster and blasts the pirate again, ensuring he remains in la-la land, then moves to rejoin the others, assuming they have been able to take care of themselves>

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angdar Fel
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angdar Fel   Email Angdar Fel         Edit/Delete Post     
Angdar nodded and flew out the airlock and back to their ship as fast as possible.

Upon entering,m he found an unconscious pirate.

"Zoe? Emily? Lolita? Anyonehere...?"

Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)
Sassy and all dressed up

"MOVE!" Kinetix yelled at Angdar as she gestured behind him. Acting on reflex, Angdar dove forward. He turned to see Zoe's green power signature enveloping a chunky female pirate with steel claws for fingernails.

"Thanks, and don't move," Angdar said calmly as he tossed his mace in Zoe's direction. Zoe calmly stood her ground as the mace flew past her; she turned to see a large pirate hold up a staff that crackled with electricity. The staff was no match for Angdar's mace, though, and the pirate crumpled to the floor.

"We make a good team," Angdar smiled as he approached Zoe.

"I guess," she said. Then she turned away before he could reach her. Angdar raised an eyebrow; Zoe was normally direct when something upset her. Before he could say so, she flew into the next room. "We have to find the others."

Shrugging his shoulders, he collected his mace and followed.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
They are so cute together, Emily thought. She made a note to call Question Lad when they land on planet. Though she would say quiet about the location out of fear of his concern. He left Salvador as soon as possible, and Rimbor was currently worse than that part of Nasger.

She stared at the pirates trapped under net-arrows, and turned to see Lolita putting her omni-com back in its holder. Emily mused,We really need to switch to a different brand or model. Those things are really susceptible to hacking.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
En route to Ventura

Shake your love
I just canīt shake your love
Shake your love
Shake your love
I just canīt shake
Shake your love

"What the sprock is this? Ugh, that's the last time I let Lolita borrow my iPod."

Switching off the audio system, SharkLad piloted his cruiser in silence for several minutes. That he hadn't been able to reach Lolita before starting out on his mission was starting to bug him -- not just because he missed her but because of how much he missed her. It was an unfamiliar and at times still an uncomfortable feeling for the hero who once went by the moniker Lone Shark. He was looking forward to this mission if only because it would give him a chance to stretch his muscles after sitting behind a desk since returning to Legion World from the Dark Realm.

SharkLad pulled up the holo-file on Gruertis Nyebif. It practically oozed with slime.

"Yeah, this is gonna be fun."

SharkLad glanced at the screen of his iPod.

"Oh, what the sprock..."

Shake your love
Shake your love

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angdar Fel
Applicant

Once they had secured the remaining pirates, They took the ship closer to the pirate cruiser.

"We'll find out what Power Boy wants to do with them and their ship as soon as he gets back," Angdar said.

He glanced over at Kinetix, and she looked out the front view screen as soon as he did.

"Zoe, are you still upset about what happened with Ibby back on LW?"

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Power Boy stepped back onto the LMBP cruiser. He towed a pile of space-pirates tied up with tubing from their space-pirate ship.

He dumped them all in a cargo bay.

After a short debrief he said " well done. well done. We've got two options now ... head to the Drunken Scabbard or to the coordinates the space-pirate ship gave us. Well ... I think I will need a drink before we take on any more pirates."

Power Boy winked and Lolita set a course for the surface ... and the Drunken Scabbard.

Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)
Sassy and all dressed up

quote:
Originally posted by Angdar Fel:
Once they had secured the remaining pirates, They took the ship closer to the pirate cruiser.

"We'll find out what Power Boy wants to do with them and their ship as soon as he gets back," Angdar said.

He glanced over at Kinetix, and she looked out the front view screen as soon as he did.

"Zoe, are you still upset about what happened with Ibby back on LW?"

Ang, I don't even know what happened with IB back on LW! And it sounded like Blaze was involved too. I know there's something, and while I respect your privacy it seemed like it was something that I should know!

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

After much deliberation. The five settled into a warehouse that would be their temporary base of operations on Rimbor. It was large enough to house the LMBP shuttle and the Space-Pirate ship they captured.

Power Boy dropped off most of the Space-Pirates at the local Science Police office. It took a few mindwipes to make sure the pirates didn't blow the LMBPer's cover. Power Boy hated using his telepathy like that. He only blurred their memories of the past hour or so though. Replaced with memories of a foggy drunken binder where the pirates were confronted by a rival gang who stole their ship. The Science Police had agreed to keep them under wraps until Power Boy gave the ok.

Power Boy had a plan for their ship.

After regrouping, Power Boy, Kinetix, Angdar, Emily, and Lolita ...

found themselves in a secluded table at:

The Drunken Scabbard

It smelled like old booze and the patrons were a melancholy collection of rotting alcoholics.

"Cheers!" Power Boy said to his four friends.

Power Boy had been in worse places, yet he was glad for his invulnerability as he gulped down the suspicious ale from an old mug.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & Đ material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.