Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Vacation to Rimbor (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Vacation to Rimbor
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Power Boy was a bit distracted from the conversation at the table. He was using his super hearing to pick up conversations from around the room. So far nothing interesting ... and a lot sleazy.

If he wasn't undercover ... there would be a lot of nass kicking that would be taking place.

So far Power Boy and his crew hadn't been noticed in their rear table. The place was very dimly lit.

The sour serving woman came over and Power Boy ordered another serving of the foul alcoholic brew they had been drinking.

If only Power Boy could turn off his sense of super smell. [Frown]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Emily had ordered a Talokian beer and stared at the table. She didn't have much to think about at the moment. The pirates were taken care of pretty easily. It feels too easy. This doesn't feel like the work of well-organized gangs.

She was surprised when her personal cell phone rang. Emily distrusted the Omnicoms, especially for personal use, so she remembered to bring a normal phone in case anyone would call. She picked up the phone and it was one of her aunts.

"When are you coming to visit? You do realize it is almost the holiday season and we haven't seen you since your great-grandmother's funeral," She asked.

"Maybe soon...could be in a few weeks or a few days. It seems like I have another call. I can't talk right now, but tell Grandpa I wish him the best," Emily said. She actually had no idea how long they would stay on Rimbor. However, she had a feeling they could end up running with their lives.

She switched to the other call, and sure enough, it was Sebastian. He said, "How are you doing?"

Emily said, "I am doing fine. The weather has been good so far."

"That is good to hear," Sebastian said. "Where exactly are you going again?"

"Talok IV," She quickly lied.

Sebastian said, "That sounds pretty dangerous if you are not careful. Remember to respect the local people and culture on your mission. I know that earthquake must have been difficult for them."

"Yes...natural disaster relief can be difficult," Emily said. She hoped he could not detect the worry in her voice. She did not want him to discover that she was on Rimbor.

A voice in the background of the conversation said said, "I have found the location of Mr.Brown. We got to find him before the Violetta does!" This cut the conversation short and they said goodbye to each other before Emily hung-up.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
<though she is often aloof and serious, Lolita sees the opportunity to get to know some of the newer Legionnaires>

Zoe, I love your fashion sense. I've always gone with the skirt look myself. With the right pair of boots, it can't be beat!

<as Emily finishes her call, she turns to her>

Is Sebastian your boyfriend? I've heard you and he have done great work with the Security Office. Working together like that...it's hard sometimes not to find yourself in a romance.

<Lolita is at ease and enjoys being around other females; yet she's clearly still focused on what's happening around her. Finally, she picks up on two particular foul looking miscreants who have had two much to drink>

<her analytic mind immediately registers who they are: Flamer and Troll>

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Emily said, "Yes, he is my boyfriend. Is it true that there is going to be a lot of reorganization of the Security Office?"

She thought about the past times together. Sure, they had been a bit misled by Lard Lad, but they were young. Dev-em's reign as leader came and went like a candle in the wind, and now it was uncertain who would take his place. Sebastian knew the two of them were too young to be considered for such an important position.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
<Power Boy can barely hear the conversation at his table because two foul looking miscreants have been loud drunken and obnoxious. One keeps screaming and insulting other patrons and the other keeps interrupting other patrons conversations.>

<Power Boy looks at Lolita ... abut to say something when ... >

CRASH!!!

<The one with a t-shirt that says "TROLL" bumps into the table crashing into all of their drinks ... spilling them everywhere.>

<Power Boy is visibly annoyed yet he dosn't get angry until ... he sees beer splattered all over Kinetix.>

"That couldn't have been on purpose ..." <He growls>

"You need to go ... now." He tells the Troll.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)
Sassy and all dressed up

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)           Edit/Delete Post     
Kinetix uses her TK to cleanse herself of the beer, but she can't quite remove all the smell. Angrily, she stands up. She already hates being on Rimbor - it doesn't seem to have the dignified culture or the ancient treasures that other UP planets have.

"I would apologize, if I were you. You wouldn't like what I do to trolls."

--------------------
Why must power be so elusive?

From: Aleph | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

At which point the other one "Flamer" ...

Begins attacking the LMB members with verbal insult after verbal insult ... some of them don't even make sense ... but that dosn't slow the fiery tirade of vulgar insults.

"Where the bloody grife is the bouncer?" Power Boy asks. The depressed patrons simply stare into the own cups, trying to ignore the boiling fight.

Flamer continues to rant, insulting each LMBPer with insult after insult, so passionately spit and flames fly out of his mouth. He is getting hotter and hotter. Power Boy attempts to reason but can not get a word in edgewise.

Power Boy thinks some of this language is not appropriate for the younger members like Emily Sivana to be hearing ... at which point.

"HI YAHHH!" Peebs karate chops Flamer in the throat ... ending the tired and dropping Flamer to his knees clutching his throat.

"Grife. What did I just do?" Power Boy asks out loud. "I was trying to keep a low profile ... now ...there's going to be a scene.

Troll begins to grow massively and lunges for the 5 Legion Worlders.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

-

Flamer recovers from the karate chop to the throat, he is gasping and clutching his throat but he manifest an even more fiery display of vitriol

-

Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)
Sassy and all dressed up

Kinetix rolls her eyes. "This is tiresome, and you're not even as entertaining as watching pigeon poop dry."

With a wave of her hand, she splashes some dirty water on Flamer. "No alcohol there to fan your flames. Now, someone want to take care of Troll here? I'd call him names, but I think this one fits him perfectly."

--------------------

From: Aleph | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

"Gladly" Power Boy says as he winds up for a huge punch ...

when ... "Is he multiplying? Where are they all coming from?"

-

-

-

-
 -

-
 -
 -

Power Boy's voice is buried under the weight of these ridiculous trolls.

Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)
Sassy and all dressed up

Kinetix turns to look at Power Boy in horror. As she moves to aid him, behind her, Flamer starts to simmer.

"I generate fire, yes, but I also control HEAT little girl. And you know what heat can do to liquid?" In seconds, he is completely dry and holding his arms forward as if to blast something.

Kinetix throws up a shield barely in time.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Emily braced under the impact of the fire on the shield. While Kinetixs' shield had protected the group, the fire continued to grow. Emily had to think of something fast.

She said, "There is alcohol everywhere in this place. If we don't do something fast this place can explode! Kinetix, could you drop the shield quickly enough for me to use a trick arrow?"

--------------------

Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)
Sassy and all dressed up

Sweat beaded on Kinetix's face. "Okay, but only the point where you plan to fire. Where is it, quick?"

Emily pointed at a spot a little bit above their heads. Kinetix quickly made a small hole in her field.

"Go, Emily!"

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Emily took out a tear-gas arrow and fired it at a spot near the ceiling. A good amount of the bars patrons had already left in fear of being burnt, so this area was clear of bystanders. The villains winced and began to back down. The LMBers turned to Power Boy, as if anticipating further orders.

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Power Boy pushed the Trolls off of him. The Trolls were gagging and crying from the tear gas. Power Boy was lucky his respiratory system was as invulnerable as the rest of him.

A wide arc of energy vision came from his eyes, pushing back the Trolls. Trolls being a cowardly lot, they scattered and ran ... Flamer tried to slink away.

The building was already on fire. But it would survive structurally.

"So much for keeping a low profile. Kinetix ... please see about the fire and smoke."

"Lolita it looks like you were right, this is a criminal hotbed."

Power Boy held up a Troll by the neck while placing his boot on the back of Flamer. All fight was out of these two. They knew when they were outmatched and neither had any stomach when confronted face to face.

"Angdar, would you like to interrogate one of these two?"

the Troll and Flamer both looked terrified as the grim Thanagarian walked towards them.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.