Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Dave Cockrum's unpublished creations (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Dave Cockrum's unpublished creations
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Alternately, Belladonna could be a kinda-sorta sister to the Legion's own 'wolverine,' Brin Londo, being an ill-fated lab assistant to his father, who was used as fodder for his experiments with Z-rays or whatever. (Surely he didn't test the prototype on his only son!)

She ended up with animalistic properties similar to those of (the Zuunian equivalent of) a vampire bat.

She would also have history with Brin, who may not remember her initially, although she remembers keeping an eye on him on behalf of his father (he was a little old for it to be called 'babysitting'), until the 'accident' and her 'mysterious disappearance.'

Not bad at all. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:
Hey Nightcrawler have you ever seen pics of Skyhawk or Bloodstar and Phaedra some of Daves other creations the last two were to be members of the Starjammers.

Where have Bloodstar and Phaedra appeared?
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Is that supposed to be Glory Grant on that cover? It made me do a double take because the gal on the cover looks like Vixen.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw a picture online of the characters with there names underneath them with the Starjammers in large letters above them.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
This is slightly off topic, but I've been rereading all the Spider-Man comics and not too long ago came across a series of great, great Cockrum Spider-Man covers in the late 70's.

Here is what I consider to be the best Morbius cover of all time by Dave with Spider-Man (and Gloria Grant) on the cover. Just so dynamic...Dave was such a master.

Er...this goes along with the Dave-Vampire theme of the thread [Smile] (AKA, an excuse to post one of my favorite covers of all time and one I only recently discovered was by Dave).

Is that Vixen on that cover?! [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the idea of Belladonna being lovers with Vykros, Gary.

Set, I also like the idea of having Belladonna being part of Brin's backstory. Were-men, vampires and androids (frankenstein?)!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

She could be both Brin's sister and Vrykos' lover.
As a villainess, if her looks say something about her character, I'm sure she could see *eye to eye* with, for example, the Emerald Empress. [Razz]

Thanks for the info Lone Wolf. Phaedra was a character in Seeker 3000 which had something to do with Dave Cockrum. I couldn't find anything about Bloodstar.

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:
Hey Nightcrawler have you ever seen pics of Skyhawk or Bloodstar and Phaedra some of Daves other creations the last two were to be members of the Starjammers.

I'm not familiar with Skyhawk or Bloodstar.

Phaedra is the one I used to color Belladonna -

-

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Oh, so she's another Phaedra! Beautiful!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ActorLad:
Is that supposed to be Glory Grant on that cover? It made me do a double take because the gal on the cover looks like Vixen.

quote:
Originally posted by Wild Jorge:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
This is slightly off topic, but I've been rereading all the Spider-Man comics and not too long ago came across a series of great, great Cockrum Spider-Man covers in the late 70's.

Here is what I consider to be the best Morbius cover of all time by Dave with Spider-Man (and Gloria Grant) on the cover. Just so dynamic...Dave was such a master.

Er...this goes along with the Dave-Vampire theme of the thread [Smile] (AKA, an excuse to post one of my favorite covers of all time and one I only recently discovered was by Dave).

Is that Vixen on that cover?! [Smile]
I never realized how much it looks like Vixen before! But yeah, its Glory, in a rare cover appearance (she was good for about one every five to ten years [Big Grin] ).
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Nightcrawler, who's the artist of the Tribute to Dave Cockrum picture in your Outsiders/Strangers site?
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Dave Cockrum. I cobbled together images he drew.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

--------------------
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

-

--------------------
But they won't.

Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

-

--------------------
But they won't.

Dain
Active

Hey, they are great Lone Wolf!
(It's impossible to see any Cockrum character and not think of him/her as "Legion material". [Wink]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.