Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Dave Cockrum's unpublished creations (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Dave Cockrum's unpublished creations
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
I feel that if DC were still in the business of doing "Elseworlds" (or perhaps they could as an alternate Earth story in lieu), this would be the best way to honor Cockrum and his Legion contributions, including his unused characters. Paty would retain the rights to whatever characters DC doesn't currently own, and most of the proceeds of such a project should go to whatever expenses are still owed from his medical bills and hospitalizations (if there are still some remaining) or for diabetes research if his estate is in good shape.

And Marvel should do a similar project with his X-Men and Starjammers characters. Both companies (especially Marvel) owe a lot of their successes to Dave's phenomenal creative contributions.

Sadly, since neither have done something along these lines for him already since he died, it's very unlikely they ever will as time passes.

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
That night, the fiery orange glow of Nix Olympica's boiling lava illuminates one of the most glorious moments in Legion annals....

And what a moment that was! Unforgettable moment. To see all of them like this! [Smile]

Seeing this spread that close (Thanks Nightcrawler), I noticed two "strange" details.

What did Duplicate Boy do - which he obviously thought was very funny - that made Shrinking Violet so mad?

And even more important:

Since when was Invisible Kid so "chummy" with Quantum Queen that he has his arm around her back?

What dark secrets does the Legion's past have that we know nothing about? [Wink] [Big Grin]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
You know with this Action Comics Legion sparking interest in the old Legion...I wonder if we could get a proposal together with some of the characters he wanted to include in the Legion mythos.

Tell DC it's for a good cause (his widow!).

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a character Dave created named AlyXa that did get published by DC in a Wonder Woman Annual, anybody got any background information on her, it would be cool if she was from the future.

-

-

-

[ July 29, 2008, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Lone Wolf Legionnaire ]

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
She was. It was the Legends of Dead Earth Wonder Woman Annual.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't mind if they brought her back, and put her in the 31st century.

--------------------
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Not a creation, but two never-before-seen stories illustrated by Dave are presented in X-MEN: ODD MEN OUT, on sale this week!

I didn't realize it until I bought it and brought it home. I only bought it in case there was a Nighty appearance. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Well I haven't bought an X-Men book in years, but thats about to change with this coming out.

--------------------
But they won't.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.