Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Interview: Waid on the New Legion (Sequential Tart) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Interview: Waid on the New Legion (Sequential Tart)
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
That link to Gail's story is an interesting idea, Far.

I was thinking of something a little less reasonable - like Invisible Kid is really a Dominator who had plastic surgery. His parents are Dominator sleeper agents and this is what he's really rebelling against.... [Wink]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Are we still looking a human-seeded worlds? Or are we supposing that the changes over the last 1000 years are so vast that basic functions have changed (as opposed to just the addition of powers or traits like twinning)?

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Great, great interview, possibly the best one yet on the new Legion series.

After this, I'm more optimistic than ever. For anyone who wanted to hear Waid being plain honest about LSH continuity and where he's taking the series, check it out.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Well, I won't give the Legion a chance even if this one succeeds, so we're even. You're being given much less than half a loaf and thanking them for the sumptuous three course meal!

And does this seem to contradict Waid saying before that HE went to THEM to anyone else?

So what you're basically telling us Reboot is that you'll never read another new Legion story again!

Because if this relaunch is successful, then that's you left behind forever and if its not, then that's the Legion dead (in all likelihood).

Either way, your days with the Legion are over it seems.

P.S. I don't know how you can call something you haven't even seen yet (and refuse to) "half a loaf" especially when all the wonderful things we've been hearing about it (IMO), and that Barry has shown us, make it seem in my mind much closer to being a "sumptuous three course meal". And you know what, since everything DnA did after Lost was nothing more than dogfood anyway I'd take that "half a loaf" any day.

[ November 02, 2004, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
... Hmmm all these food metaphors are making me hungry! [Smile]

[ November 02, 2004, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
So what you're basically telling us Reboot is that you'll never read another new Legion story again!

Because if this relaunch is successful, then that's you left behind forever and if its not, then that's the Legion dead (in all likelihood).

Either way, your days with the Legion are over it seems.

You haven't read many of my posts, have you? I've said explicitly umpteen times that I don't expect to ever buy a new LSH comic again. Go on & check. I'll wait.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Reboot, last thing I heard was that Waid was offered Legion rather than sought it out. And with a name like yours it's hard to believe you can't get behind reboots. [Wink]

To some degree, I get what you're saying, but I really haven't seen "my" Legion for over a decade now. To me, this new version looks more promising that what we had over the past decade.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
Reboot, last thing I heard was that Waid was offered Legion rather than sought it out.

*goes to recheck his earlier interviews*

quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
And with a name like yours it's hard to believe you can't get behind reboots. [Wink]

Actually this is where the name mostly comes from. The rest is deliberate irony.

I would rather have NO Legion than this Legion.

[ November 02, 2004, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
The things I miss out on because the school server thinks they're dirty...I can't access the website from school. Double farts.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm glad to hear that the focus will not be on the villain-of-the-month. To me, that was boring. I'm looking forward to Waid focusing on the heroes, as he stated. What a concept - a comic book where the main characters aren't in life-threatening danger every issue. Maybe someone has finally realized that there's more to a story than the fight.
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
That was a GREAT interview!

I'm actually heartened by the comparison to the Schwartz-era Silver Are reimagining. Truly, these are NOT going to be our father's LSH, and rightly so. Also, I think the very LAST thing Waid would do is resurrect the snake. He's not THAT suicidal!

And SoM, I'm starting to think that you're just enjoying all the attention you're getting by being the ultimate Anti-Legion force on Legion World. How very diva of you. [Big Grin]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Prime:
And SoM, I'm starting to think that you're just enjoying all the attention you're getting by being the ultimate Anti-Legion force on Legion World. How very diva of you. [Big Grin]

Heh [Smile]

I'm being 100% honest on my feelings about this, although, staying on the full-honesty tack, I've been more vocal because many disagree with me. [Smile]

--------------------

doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
The problem with Universo is that no one has come up with more than one plot for him -- he controls the world/universe EXCEPT for SOME Legionnaires, who have to use their wits to defeat him.

It's a fun story, but it's been done 3 times now.

I'm surprised he didn't say Mordru or Time Trapper, too.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not fond of the Mordru story lines, but I do think Time Trapper has a lot of mileage left in him. I don't think his story have ever been satisfactorily explored.
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
ST: What if any non-human characters will be in this Legion?
MW: Some right off, though you wouldn't necessarily know it from what's apparent. Take that as you will.

... alarm bells! Who's he talking about?

Hmmmm, dare I say the dreaded "P" word and risk getting banned??.... no, I think not [Wink]

[ November 02, 2004, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.