Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Interview: Waid on the New Legion (Sequential Tart) (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Interview: Waid on the New Legion (Sequential Tart)
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by EuroMutt:
Sorry Blacula. I can change my icon if you want. I figured it was a good one for my name, but you were obviously here first with it.

I don't think you need to change. I know that when I saw someone with "my" icon, I just found another one that worked for me. I'm not two removed from that original icon, but there was no particular reason for the change.

I'll admit that when I see your icon I think "Blacula" first, but we can all adjust.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi EuroMutt! Welcome to Legion World!

Its completely up to you what you want to do with your icon. If you like it and want to keep it then feel free.

I've grown quite partial to that cute little Krypto picture though so I don't plan on changing mine but I'm sure Legion World won't crash if 2 people have the same icon. [Wink]

If you do keep it we'll just have to watch ourselves that we don't keep reading each other's posts and start thinking "I don't remember writing that!" [LOL] I know I've already done that a few times since you started posting.

Look forward to seeing you round the Boards! [Smile]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krypto the Superdog
Superman's best friend

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krypto the Superdog           Edit/Delete Post     
Arf! [happy tail wagging]
From: Metropolis | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EuroMutt
flight, super strength & super territory marking

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EuroMutt   Email EuroMutt         Edit/Delete Post     
Thaks everyone for being so easy going. you've made me feel pretty welcome her right away. I'll look for a new icon that works for me, but until I'm happy I'll keep this one.

--------------------
-j.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Boys. Girls.

Do you trust me?

You should.

I love the LEGION.

I *love* Gates. A finer character can't be found in comics. ANYWHERE. I've looked.

Tyroc? He kicks ASS. Trust.

What does this all have in common with the new WaK Legion? Well, not much, maybe.... but then again, it might. Trust me.

We're in good hands.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Do you mean to tell me that Gates is a finer character than Tenzil Kem? I'm somewhat shocked to hear that from you.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
So am I.

Though I totally agree with him.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I've always had a soft spot for the teleporters. Add in a personality like Gates' and, well...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rurouni KJS
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rurouni KJS   Email Rurouni KJS         Edit/Delete Post     
"OMG WAID SUCKS or Stupid Overreactions to the ST Interview"

quote:

MW: As should come as no surprise to anyone familiar with my work, I'm a lot more interested in the heroes than in the villains, so Legion of Superheroes is far and away not a villain-of-the-month series.

OMG Waid's not gonna ever have any supervillains!

quote:
ST: What, if any are the major costume changes you can tell us about?

MW: I've started wearing stripes again.

OMG Waid's bring back the Legion stripe!

quote:
ST: What, if any, non-human characters will be in this Legion?

MW: Some right off, though you wouldn't necessarily know it from what's apparent. Take that as you will.

OMG Projectra's gonna be a snake again under her illusion!

quote:
ST: Are you worried at all about any impacts on continuity regarding people like Jenni Ognats (tied to the Flash mythos) or is this a continuity free zone? Why or why not?

MW: It is a continuity free zone, but our immediate ties to the 21st century are downplayed in year one

OMG Jenni's toast his own character that bastard!

quote:
ST: Any Atlanteans or Amazons? Why or why not include plans for such?

MW: Why stop there? Think bigger. Think off-Earth, but in terms of races we've seen before. One of the proposed upcoming members makes Steve Wacker laugh every time I mention his name.

OMG he must be talking about Hawkboy from Thanagar!

quote:
MW: I'm most happy to be able to use it as a forum to address very contemporary issues and concerns in a science fiction setting. The struggles the Legionnaires are enduring may, in fact, seem eerily familiar to the modern-day as we continue.
OMG this is gonna be a boring political comic

quote:
MW: And, to be honest, I may be unique in the universe in that I was just never a big fan of Timber Wolf — but Barry loves him, and I've no doubt we can come up with a take soon that we can both be happy about.
OMG Waid hates TW

quote:
ST: What do you consider your responsibility to the readership to be?

MW: To tell good stories, give them their money's worth, and not kill Hawkeye.

OMG he just slammed Bendis

good for him

quote:
MW: I've told Steve to fire me the day I mutter the words "Darkseid" or "Universo." New. New. New. New. Not old. New.
OMG the Legion rogues are toast I'm dropping this book

quote:
MW: while sexuality is an important part of being a teenager — and romance will be a big part of this series — despite humanoid appearances, we're dealing with a cast of characters who are from vastly different species.
OMG the whole team's gonna be snakes like projectra or raccoons in disguise

quote:
MW: The Legion's always been sexy for its time. Okay, maybe not during the John Forte days, but you get my drift. And it always should be; again, that's a big part of being that age.
OMG this books gonna be a orgy I'm un-dropping it

quote:
MW: How Star Boy can't catch a break.
OMG they're gonna kill the black guy like in every sci-fi story except star wars

quote:
MW: The disastrous secret that Invisible Kid holds that could cost the team everything.
OMG Lyle's a gay profem user

Actually, this interview has me very interested in his take on the LSH, esp. the talk of seemingly humanoid but vastly inhuman species on the team.

--------------------
-- Still here to help.

From: ATL, fool!!! WHAT!!! | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rurouni KJS:
"OMG WAID SUCKS or Stupid Overreactions to the ST Interview"

[....]

And your point? Beyond belittling those who don't want anything to do with the re"imagining"?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL]

Actually, I think its eerie how perfectly he captured the tone of the official DC Legion message board.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey man, I listened to Mark talk about the Legion Saturday and once he starts he just keeps going for a while. It's really hard to get it all down. He really seems to be excited about it but all in all we got the mostly the same information we've had from previous interviews and convention write ups.
Except maybe for Barry confessing that he does all the work. [LOL]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.