Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Interview: Waid on the New Legion (Sequential Tart) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Interview: Waid on the New Legion (Sequential Tart)
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Elastic Lad]

Waid wouldn't dare! Would he?!?

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, there was apparently a bad confusion, and this is how a certain member should have looked in the preview [Big Grin]

-

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Alright. Drake, Reboot. Out of the pool!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Scott I thought you were saving that post for Lash.

Congrats on 10000 posts. WOW

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Darden. But I did save it. You probably read this thread after my actual 10,000th post over here.

[ November 02, 2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooooops.

Serves me right for opening mouth without operating brain.

nice to know you to did it together. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:

You type with your TONGUE? Eugh... [Razz]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
... we came that close to losing the Legion, maybe forever! I hope all those idiots on the DC Boards who are lobbying everyone to boycott the new series read this. I doubt the powers that be will ever give the Legion another chance if this one fails.

With all due respect, Blacula, that is the silliest thing which I have ever heard. The Legion will never be retired permanently. It will always be trotted out with a new coat of paint every time that it fails. It didn't go away forever after Mort Weisinger retired, it didn't go away forever after the five year gap, and it didn't go away forever after it was cancelled due to low sales before Legion Lost and Legion Worlds. It might go away for a while, but it'll always be back. Those aren't positions for life at DC; new faces mean new policies. Plus, you have to take everything which Mark Waid says with a grain of salt; he's been known to exagerate.

--------------------
My powers are Legion!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
quote:
Originally posted by Jorg-El:

Timberwolf? Maybe Waid sees him as a Wolverine clone but I always saw him more like Hawkeye of the Avengers (with more of a temper).

The same Timber Wolf that _predate_ Wolverine is a clone of him? How is that possible?
I know Brin predates Wolverine. I just think since the characters are somewhat related many people see Brin as a Wolvie knock-off instead of vice versa. Even then their personalities are very different IMO.

Jorge

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I also really liked the "no villain of the month" thing...no Universo or Darkseid. In DnA's defense I think THAT Legion needed that...atleast for me. I never liked the postboot until DnA took over especially the latest series.

I wouldn't mind NOT seeing Mordu or the Time Trapper personally either.

Much like Star Trek rather focus on the challenge being a problem that needs to be solved, etc.

Jorge

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:

You type with your TONGUE? Eugh... [Razz]
Could be worse Reboot could be worse [Razz]

Anyway, for all you know I could have a beer flavoured keyboard [Wink]

--------------------
Faithfull

KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Brainy planning the tortuous demise of Dream Girl?

Sounds fun! I like homicidal intellectual rivalry!

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
And, to be honest, I may be unique in the universe in that I was just never a big fan of Timber Wolf — but Barry loves him, and I've no doubt we can come up with a take soon that we can both be happy about.
Huzzah for Barry!
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I love that it appears that Nura will be super smart again in this new legion. I loved the DnA Nura but the fact that she was super sexy and smart was what made her such a great character.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.