Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Suggestions... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Suggestions...
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
There was a link posted at the old DCMB to a website with Dave Cockrum sketches; I believe Nightcrawler had posted it. Is it possible to put that into the Cockrum section, if you know what I'm refering to? I didn't save that link.
From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
There was a link posted at the old DCMB to a website with Dave Cockrum sketches; I believe Nightcrawler had posted it. Is it possible to put that into the Cockrum section, if you know what I'm refering to? I didn't save that link.

FC, I'm not sure is this is the link you were talking about, www.nightscrawlers.com, but it has been off-line since June. I'm still able to do a cached search on Google but none of the artwork is available.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the link LL. I'll check it in a few weeks to see if matters are resolved.

Is there anything you guys can't find?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

I hear they've employed a certain Starhavenite...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

More of a question than a suggestion: why do we have artists in the Creators' section but not writers? Are there writer checklists? Do people follow the artists more than the writers?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Nightscrawlers is back online, BTW. Their server was hacked and they had to rebuild the site from a back up done in February. So, I'm not sure whether much of what was up since that time will be back.

FC, as far as the Creator's section goes, I wanted to give the online Legion-related pros a space of their own (partly influenced by Nightscrawlers). If any of the Legion writers (past or present) want to join us here, I'd be more than willing to give them a forum of their own.

In a related note: Dave (Dark Bamf) Cockrum, where are you?

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Is there any way you could put that "Recent Posts by this User" in as an icon in the line with the Profile/Homepage/Edit/Reply icons? Its just http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=recent_user_posts;u=00000xxx (where xxx is their usernumber expressed as three digits)?

Just checkin' [Smile]

[ July 28, 2003, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Is there any way you could put that "Recent Posts by this User" in as an icon in the line with the Profile/Homepage/Edit/Reply icons? Its just http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=recent_user_posts;u=00000xxx (where xxx is their usernumber expressed as three digits)?

Just checkin' [Smile]

SoM I can't see where that is an option in the UBB software. There may be a way around it but Nightcrawler is really the best person to address that so I'll leave it up to him.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Thanks for the link LL. I'll check it in a few weeks to see if matters are resolved.

A real good iced chai? If its Legion related I have a 100GB drive full of stuff.

Anyway, I've added the link since it is active again to Dave's District. Hope that helps.

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:

Just checkin' [Smile]

Hmmm...I'll add it to the possible hacks that I want to try. My schedule should be letting up starting this week. So, I should get caught up on some of my wish list for this site.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Well here's another one [Smile]

Any way you could set things up the way the Hero realm boards are, so that if you're not logged in when you try to post, you can just type your username/password in on the posting screen, and log in at the same time you make a post, rather than having to go via a seperate login screen?

[ July 29, 2003, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
That's a hack that I know of and could get help from other UBB boards in order to add it, unlike the first request.

Scott and I, are presently trying out a couple of modifications to the UBB software on the test board - it's basically this board at another URL and with only me and Scott as members.

I should warn you that we're still learning and that it takes time. Also, when you start changing things to the board, you risk losing tech support from Infopop. And, the process can be troublesome as there are hundreds of files associated with this program, every hack/mod requires you to change several key and different files and/or add new files to the right folders.

Once Scott and I figure things out to our satisfaction, we will be applying several cool features over here.

Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
That's a hack that I know of and could get help from other UBB boards in order to add it, unlike the first request.

Fair enough - I'm not overly bothered about the first one (The thread is "Suggestions," not "Orders" [Smile] ) I just thought I'd throw it out there, but I would like to see the second one done.

--------------------

Reep
Resigned

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey guys, I'm at the library now and I had a devil of time trying to find LW on the web. I went thru like about ten pages of "Legion World Message Boards" searches, or versions, and never found LW. So I went to Legion of Super-Links, couldn't find any link for LW, went to LL's site, couldn't find any link (that's probably me,) finally went to the TNT link there, found NC's LW topic and linked there.

Is it me? Is there a faster way if you're at PC without a LW bookmark?

OH wow I just saw all the changing graemlins!

[Chameleon Boy]

[Edit: Okay, I'm at home now, and the graemlins are "frozen." Bummer. I didn't know they were all dancing around and changing shapes and images. I can't really "complain" because this isn't my computer! I don't have a PC.]

[ August 02, 2003, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Reep ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Is there any way on the Directory page to extend the TOP 5 posters to perhaps a TOP 20, or at least a TOP 10?
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.