Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Poll Questions (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Poll Questions
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry. I didn't help. Polls are new to me. I've never had access to them before and haven't taken the time to play around with them to see how they work.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I now have played with them, and here's some free advice about Polls: don't bend over to pick up the soap.

This conclusion is based on solid empirical evidence and also English common Law.

[Chameleon Boy]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Guys, I'd to make a request. I will probably close my first Poll (I think it was my first?!) on Screwiest characters later this week or first of next week.

I read where there's a limit of 3 Important Topic Flags per forum, so I was wondering if you could take the flag off Screwiest Topics and stick it on Legion World Census, which is it a bit more deserving I think.

Seeing that the How Many Posts topics has closed and there's an unused flag, I like to make a pitch to use it on the Poll I will be posting tomorrow. I'm going to keep it's content secret till then, but I sincerely believe it will be the funnest Poll yet.

But if you're saving that flag as sort of a "Founder's Flag" for what ever Poll you guys need to run, or simply don't concur with my assessment of tomorrow's Poll, I of course understand.

[Chameleon Boy]

Reep
Resigned

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Saw the switch! Thanx guys!

[Chameleon Boy]

Reep
Resigned

Guys, Legion World Census # 1 has closed and I have added a Final Tally/analysis, as well aa copying that into a Discussion Topic in MMB.

You can remove the LWC flag. If possible I'd like it to go on "The Wish List." It only has three days left but the visibility boost can't hurt.

Thanx

[Chameleon Boy]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Done. [Chameleon Boy]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
"Quick, Robin -- to the Bat-Poll!"
Reep
Resigned

Favorite Supporting Heroes Poll is closed.

It may be deflagged, and sent on it's way out to sea, to be received into watery bosom of Lord Neptune.

Whoa...

Lord Neptune's got man-boobs.

[Chameleon Boy]

Reep
Resigned

And apparently, they're lactating too.

More power to ya, old dude!

[Chameleon Boy]

Reep
Resigned

The "What Preboot Legion Events or Plots do you want to see rebooted?" Poll has closed and can be deflagged.

For a replacement, I'd like to suggest my just created Poll, "Seven MUST Survive!!!"

Hopefully this will be as fun as Drake's "Five MUST Die!!" Poll.

[Chameleon Boy]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like Gary already beat me to it.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Well, it looks like my "Seven MUST Survive" Poll has stalled, even though it still has 11 days left! I think it has been stuck on 26 votes for two days now.

I like to request it be deflagged and the flag put on my new Poll, "Choose your SINGLE FAVORITE LEGIONNAIRE of all time!" EDE's ten-favorites version of this Poll gathered quite a few votes with a flag and I hope this one will too.

Thanks, guys!

[Chameleon Boy]

Reep
Resigned

Hey, LL, I was just looking over your Adventure 247 homage tribute again and I remembered a possible candidate for inclusion that had occurred to me once.

Adventure 322 - with Proty in front of the LSP "admissions board." I haven't seen it in quite awhile, but I recall the scene being composed very much like 247. And if SM 147 is the first homage, then I guess this one is second, unless I'm forgetting one from your tribute.

Just FYI.

[Chameleon Boy]

Reep
Resigned

Thanks again, NC.

You know, this occurrence of deflagging a Poll before it's finished because it's stalled makes me wonder if there would be any value in a time limit on flags in all forums, say of maybe two weeks?

Flags not only hold the top position for a particular topic for ease in usage, but they also certainly get viewers attention. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be in the best interest of keeping the forums as fresh as possible to have a different new topic flagged every week, rotating topics in and out of the flags?

Just an idea. I imagine some or all of this has occured to you guys as you do your magic that you do!

[Chameleon Boy]

Reep
Resigned

Just thought I'd point out something I've noticied about Polling topics.

Polls that actually don't use the Polling software (i.e. members instead vote by just posting) are bumped to the top of the topic list with each vote. Whereas in "software-Polls," votes don't bump the topic.

This in effect gives the posting-Polls an "advantage" that software-Polls don't enjoy, and it seems flagging posting-Polls is somewhat superflous in that they are automatically bumped to the top with every vote or post.

I think it's entirely fair and reasonable therefore to suggest that future Poll flagging give some precedence to software-Polls over posting-Polls. Software-Polls shouldn't be disadvantaged for using the forum-featured Polling software which removes much of a regular topics' "bumping capacity."

Additionally, posting-Polls seem to be almost open-ended, meaning they're going to be at the top a long, long time. As stated above, my view is that it's better to move a variety of Polls in and out of the flags so most get some "top" visability.

My two cents, or two-bits!

[Chameleon Boy]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.