Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Poll Questions (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Poll Questions
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
I guess I probably should have placed my request here rather than on my Poll.

My Volume 2 & Volume 3 Fave Stories Poll went thru when created without a closetime. I'm certain I checked all the boxes and filled in the clock info for the closetime, but it didn't take. So LL & NC, I would appreciate it if you could add a closetime of Nov 29, 6:00 PM to it. I'm giving it a few extra days because of the holiday.

Thanks,

[ChameleonBoy]

BTW, am I correct in assuming only Founders and not Mods can alter closetimes?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reep:
BTW, am I correct in assuming only Founders and not Mods can alter closetimes?

Yes. I have to change the code of the file itself. It's not apart of the program.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, NC.

Okay I'll address future clock adjustments to you and LL. I'm going to post a new Poll tonight and I'm gonna double-secret-probation-check that I check the boxes and do the timeset, so if the closetime doesn't happen it may indicate that it's not just Reep ineptness.

[ChameleonBoy]

Reep
Resigned

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
I guess since the Election Poll was set with the same close date & time as my Run-Off Stories Poll, it's probably best that I request to move my Poll off that day and have it changed to Dec 9th, 1200 PM PST.

Thanks guys.

[ChameleonBoy]

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I guess since the Election Poll was set with the same close date & time as my Run-Off Stories Poll, it's probably best that I request to move my Poll off that day and have it changed to Dec 9th, 1200 PM PST.

Is it really that big a deal that two polls conclude on the same day?

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Crujectra:
quote:

And the only reason it has the same time is that the quickest way for me to set the close date and time this morning was to grab the time stamp off of yours Reep. I can reset the time on the election poll later when I get home.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

quote:
Originally posted by Crujectra:
quote:

Of what possible consequence is my request about my Poll to you, Cru?

They're not just concluding on the same day. They're closing at the same exact moment. Even though mine was set first, I didn't ask that the closetime of the Election Poll be changed. I simply asked that my Poll's time be changed.

I have been working on the many Story Polls of this project steadily for two weeks, and since the Election Poll will unquestionably be the topic of the day when it concludes, I think it's only fair for me to request a different day in order to have a few tiny moments of the members' time for the results of my little project of which I put into a lot of fuckin time and work.

But I guess if someone considers my project to be entirely inconsequential, then one wouldn't see the fuckin obvious situation I mentioned above because one wouldn't give a shit about what happens to my project. Your indifference speaks volumes. In other words, whatever happens to my project is no "big deal." If it gets buried during the Election results, too bad. Who cares, right, Cru?

It's no big deal. Just another one of Reep's damn Polls.

How rude of me to consider it otherwise.

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
It sounded to me like Cru was asking if it there would be technical difficulties with polls ending at the same time. Not sure why the profanity was necessary.
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
It sounded to me like Cru was asking if it there would be technical difficulties with polls ending at the same time. Not sure why the profanity was necessary.

Me neither. And it is definitely NOT appreciated!

Scott explained why the times are the same.

I guess I should explain to you all that the time is coded with no discernable logic to me or to Scott. That means in order to add or change a poll time, a new poll has to be created (or in this case, borrowed) from.

So there you go. I'd appreciate a little more compassion and understanding between board members, thank you very much!

[ December 01, 2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Sorry. I apologize for language, but Cru was not expressing any concern about technical difficulties. Please.

I requested my Poll closetime be changed and he asked if it's "really that big a deal" that two Polls conclude on the same day. LL hadn't even posted yet and there was no mention at all of any possible technical difficulties.

"Really that big a deal" is provocative phrasing considering all I did was request a different time for my Poll, not his.

Either way, of what concern to Cru is my requesting that I move my Poll closetime, so much so that he feels compelled to use "really that big a deal" about my simple request.

I apologize for my language, but not for responding to intentionally provocative language.

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Reep, I wasn't trying to irritate you... I guess I just didn't see my wording as being provocative. I really was just wondering why you didn't want our polls to conclude at the same time (and honestly, I thought it was just the same day... I missed the point that it was the exact same time).

In any case, I don't think it was necessary to go all explosive on me and make assumptions as to my motives. I'm not saying that I can't be a bitch sometimes, but I really wasn't trying to be one in this particular instance.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

We'll let it go as a misunderstanding, Cru.

Gary and Scott, it appears my Run-Off Poll has stalled at 13 votes. So, could either of you knock off a couple of days of the closetime and change it to December 7, 1200 PM PST (Sunday.) The member interest isn't there, I'd like to get another Personality Poll going on Sunday rather than Tues. I plan to start the Best & Worst Of The Year Poll tomorrow after the first Personality Poll concludes.

Thank ya!

[ December 05, 2003, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Reep ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If Gary doesn't beat me to it, I'll try and change the time and date for you when I get home tonight.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

As ever, cool as Brek. I take back a quarter of my Proty jokes! No, half!

[PolarBoy]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Gary and Scott, it appears my Run-Off Poll has stalled at 13 votes. So, could either of you knock off a couple of days of the closetime and change it to December 7, 1200 PM PST (Sunday.) The member interest isn't there, I'd like to get another Personality Poll going on Sunday rather than Tues. I plan to start the Best & Worst Of The Year Poll tomorrow after the first Personality Poll concludes.

Thank ya!

Done.

The following is for everyone and not directed at anyone in particular:

I would like to go on record as saying that I don't want to make changing poll times (or adding them for that matter) a habit. It's a pain in the butt. Let's all take the time to make poll ending times just as important and thought out as the poll itself. And remember to check BOTH boxes. Please!

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.