Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Moderators (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Moderators
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Since you asked, I'll state that I don't want to be a moderator. Not entirely to avoid responsiblity, but my computer is quirky and I can't always/reliably access some threads or boards.
From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Frown] That's a shame, FC. I think you and EDE would make excellent Moderators. I hope you both reconsider. The Moderator gig is for fun. Don't let all of this serious mumbo-jumbo scare you guys off. Also, your computer can't be anymore wacky than the one I'm using.

This message board was meant to be fun. I think some of you guys are taking things a little too seriously. Leave those tedious details to Lightning Lad [Wink] .

Discaimer to the above statement: I really appreciate you guys caring enough to provide us with feedback. Thanks.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I, too, am sorry you do not want to be a moderator at this time Fat Cramer. But that does not mean you can't change your mind later on.

And I apologize if I seem to be sucking the fun out of this. I just want to be sure, especially on this issue, that everyone gets a chance to be heard.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
"Sucking the fun out"? Don't worry, amigo mio, you're not. It's better to thrash through some of these matters in advance, if possible. It prevents a lot of non-fun coming down later.
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I would just likr to go on record as stating that I think both Fat Cramer and EDE would do an excellent job as well.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh sure, KP. You don't think I see through your plans for the Transformer takeover of Legion World? You just want a wussy moderator like me to make it easy for you.

See, I'm already off topic. Back on topic:

As Grey stated, much better that things be settled, to the extent possible, up front. Good fences make good neighbours.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
But with all the moderator elections going on, how are we ever going to find time to have Legion World Leader and Deputy Leader elections??? :-)

Elections?? Elections?? I say damn this experiment with democracy. Put Lightning Lad and Nightcrawler in as King Emperor's or tyrant/dictator. Pish with this listening to the plebs [Wink]

Actually being serious for a min. Whilst I am all in favour of getting people in to help take some of the pressure off these two guys, Do we really need that many people as Mods. I dont know much about the mechanics of moderating (which i guess lets me out of the job) but unless there are, as was suggested, some guidlines will it not become a case of too many cooks?

Not serious concerns because I am happy to go with the flow. [Smile] just random thoughts

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
I would just likr to go on record as stating that I think both Fat Cramer and EDE would do an excellent job as well.

Thanks KP (and Nighty, too!), but really the whole Legion HQ thing scared me off from the moderator job for the time being. It turned out to be a MUCH bigger deal than I was expecting, and, while I've no doubt that these boards would be much easier, I don't want to take the chance of committing myself to more than I really can handle.

[ July 16, 2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Just now saw and read this thread!

Put me on the list of DON'T WANT TO BE A MODERATOR please!

What was really just a sweet gesture over at LHQ (being elected a Mod) became a 'net nightmare of monolithic proportions and I (as well as the other Mods) was caught between the "Why aren't you DOING something" and the "What the hell are you DOING?" rock and hard place. It was a Lose-Lose situation, and I don't like those.

I agree with Cru, the LMB has always been an excellent self-moderated forum and I am sure that will continue.

But I agree that Scott & Gary need others to help out and give them down-time, and there may come a time when LEGION WORLD may need defendng from 'net hooligans. There should be others who have the power to do that. Scott & Gary can't be everywhere.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
What Lash said.
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Would board wide mods elected for a 6 month period be better than 1/3 of the registered users being mods be better?

Elect 3 - 5 board wide mods, and loosely assign areas to watch.

Or

Elect 1 mod for each forum, and up to 3 board mods.

At anothe board I moderate at, I've been a board mod, and it seems to be a little better for me than being a forum mod...I've done both, and have been an admin there...it gives you the ability to move/fix things when you see them, and provides more even coverage if one mod is away for a while.

Just some thoughts...

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I have to say that I think I agree with Dave/Dev on the number of mods, unless perhaps we are going to allow people, if voted in, to be mods on more than one board. That might cut down the numbers a bit.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I think being a moderator would be fun...
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well my weekend got pissed away and I didn't get a chance to even start this process. I'm going to give it another week for some more discussion and maybe get some more members in the group.

And I don't see a problem with letting someone moderate in more than one forum, as long as we don't have the same moderators in all forums.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't worry Scott, I don't think that this is a pressing issue.

Besides, as you stated, we have some more recruiting to do. [Smile]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.