Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Problems getting worse... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Problems getting worse...
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
It was getting to the message board that gave me the error, G-- I was able to get to the LW.net home page.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I hate to add to your worries, Gary, but I'm having problems, too. I can only view a couple of pages before I have to disconnect and reconnect to the internet. That sounds like a problem on my end, but it's only happening on this site.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
The threads board, however, was down too during the time. I didn't check the homepage.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, guys. I was hoping for an easier answer than moving us. Apparently, I'll need to find the time to shop for a new server... [Frown]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't had the problem Arachne's had here, but the site HAS been sluggish today a lot of the time.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Mad]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd say that LW is generally very slow during the North American working day starting at around 8am Eastern Time. It gets progressively worse with many timeouts on page loads and graphic loads through noon eastern time as the rest of North America comes into their day. It gradually improves over the afternoon and is generally okay late in the evening on the east coast though there's timeouts on occasion. Generally the board is more or less useless to me from 10am to 4pm (and I mean more useless than the inanity of the members). Because of the regular cycles of this I believe its a traffic issue or one of load on the server the VWS is loaded on.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
I'd say that LW is generally very slow during the North American working day starting at around 8am Eastern Time. It gets progressively worse with many timeouts on page loads and graphic loads through noon eastern time as the rest of North America comes into their day. It gradually improves over the afternoon and is generally okay late in the evening on the east coast though there's timeouts on occasion. Generally the board is more or less useless to me from 10am to 4pm (and I mean more useless than the inanity of the members). Because of the regular cycles of this I believe its a traffic issue or one of load on the server the VWS is loaded on.

I have a similar problem over here. From 9.00 to around 16.00 I can get on from work ok. Back home from around 19.00 onwards it get very slow indeed.
Even worse from my laptop or from AOL. Although my desktop running firefox seems to be a bit faster.

Means I tend to give up posting from home and sneak it in from work.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Thanks for the feedback.

I've had little to no time to check in, so this couldn't be happening at a worse time. It appears I will have to find another host. I just don't know when I'll find one and when I'll have time to move us. My schedule seems to be getting worse and not better, so I probably won't know when I have enough free time for it, until it happens.

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
S'OK Gary. I dont expect you to jump just coz i am a bit slow. (Nobody answer that) [Smile] Real life jobs and partners need to take priority over all this.

On another note i hope all this moving us around is not leaving you out of pocket. Maybe we could club together to help out?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Finally back up? There's been downtime recently, but this takes the cake...

[PS: LegionWiki.com was down for the same duration]

--------------------

ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I've had a ton of trouble today, even just trying to look at threads.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
All of Globat's sites were off-line. I believe, though haven't heard back, that they were knocked off-line due to the earthquake in northern NV today. They had lines running through the area from what I understand.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Today? I couldnt get on since about 2200h (GMT -5) last night.

According to USGS the largest earthquake occurred at 0616h (GMT -8) this morning. Correcting for Time difference that would be 0916h (GMT -5). I accept the earthquake for today but not last night's problems.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I was aware of no issues last night. At least not with my sites and Globat in particular. Unfortunately LW seems to suffer even more issues than my sites.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.