Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Problems getting worse... (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Problems getting worse...
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
*rolls eyes and snorts derisively*

So they've no plans to actually fix anything? [You should have sent them to http://www.legionworld.net/ - or indeed, http://www.legionworld.net/asbfwsbfvijasbfjbewsjifvnesw/ as any non-MB page, whether it should exist or not gives the same error]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I did. But, that was the only e-mail they bothered to send to me regarding the situation. Despite me asking several times for them to fix whatever they did.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Again sorry about the last several days.

globat found and resolved the issue for us.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay!

And thanks Gary for doing everything you did/do to make this place so terrific.

[Cheers]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Here's what I just wrote at the Yahoo! group to get everyone up to speed about last night/this morning -

After finally getting Legion World's images and javascripts, etc. back
up, globat did something catastrophic with our server (and or some of
the files - erasing all data in most of them).

Ordinarily, this would be no big deal as I would just replace what's
missing. Unfortunately, I was backing up some of the critical files
when this occurred (overwriting my last back up - never doing that
again) and now I don't have replacements. This was in preparation for
our move to a new server already purchased.

I've asked Scott for the ones I no longer have, but his last back up
of those files is in February (on his home computer) due to globat's
FTP program time-outs and such making it difficult to back up the site
regularly.

What's effected now is post counts and some other behind-the-scenes
files as well as several Member files.

- Hopefully, everything is back to normal. If you notice anything please post it here and I'll try to fix it.

Nightcrawler
Founder

Er...topic "DC Universe/ LSH 3 Worlds (spoilers)" in the Legion forum no longer exists. I do not have a recent back up, nor do I have one here at work. Once I get home tonight...I'll restore what I can.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Gary I may have it at home but I won't be there until after 7:00 tonight. Just let me know if you still need it. Last night I was able to back up the forums (at least I hope I was) while I was looking for the other files.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ummm yeah... ditto? [Big Grin]
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Gary I may have it at home but I won't be there until after 7:00 tonight. Just let me know if you still need it. Last night I was able to back up the forums (at least I hope I was) while I was looking for the other files.

Yeah. If you can check it. If I did back it up last night I guarantee it was the corrupted version. [Frown]
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry Gary. By the time it got around to that thread it must have been your corrupted version. I have an empty .cgi file (#5108) that must be the thread in question.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Yeah. [Frown] I'll see what I have when I get home in about an hour.
Nightcrawler
Founder

Looks like it's gone for good. Does anyone remember who started the thread? I'd like to give credit where credit is due.
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It was one of mine. [tease]
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

I'm ready to move us to a new host! I've tested things out at the place and it's actually more compatible with the Classic software than this server ever was (and moving here was one of the reasons I bought the UBB.Threads software last year).

Anyway, as soon as we stop new posts and PMs here and I move the rest of the files over...

I then will initiate the DNS transfer to the new server(s) which usually takes about 24 hours to populate throughout the world (it means that when you type in "www.legionworld.net" it shows the new server version and not this one anymore).

I hate to take things away just as they begin to work again, so I'll check in periodically to see if things slow down. Either way, around 11ish Pacific time tonight...the board will be visible, but blocked for new content until we are moved (no new posts, replies, or PMs after 11pm Pacific).

The board will resume after the servers switchover.

Nightcrawler
Founder

And done.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.