Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Problems getting worse... (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Problems getting worse...
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
And today, it's been down and/or timing out most of the day for me.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Several key images (including the top-left image) and the JavaScript times are absent.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi. FYI, I've intermittently been having trouble accessing this site for weeks. And now, today, even though I've been able to get on, none of the icons/buttons are loading. Just thought that I should share.

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah. Sorry.

Our server last night went off line citing "Scheduled Maintenance" even though I was never informed of such and now most of the images are not showing.

I promise I'll move us to a new host as soon as I can. Until then, all I can say is that I'm sorry.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
On the bright side... the site hasn't loaded this fast in ages!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[No] [sigh] [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Dumaka Ester:
On the bright side... the site hasn't loaded this fast in ages!

That is, when it loads, since it's just been down for half an hour for me.

PS: Pov, when the smilies don't load, there's not much point in using image smilies :-ž

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Despite the smilies not loading at the moment, Gary needs these right now:
[Hug] [Hug] [Hug]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Oddly enough both Pov & Rocky's smilies are showing up for me. Most of the avatars are now showing up as well but were not as late as this morning. Most of the other graphics on the pages are not loading nor is anything with a date or time.

Since I'm at work and don't have the site bookmarked I always just do a search on Yahoo or Google and then follow the link here. Today when doing so, I got the following error message.

"We're Sorry!
Legion World has moved to a new server.

We hope to have everything up and running again soon.

In the meantime, you can still utilize the Message Board without the images and javascripts.

Apache Server at legionworld.net"

The words "Message Board" were a link which brought me directly to the site.

Don't know if that helps identify the problem at all or if it just confuses the matter but I thought I should report it to Gary just in case.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting. Since I didn't set up that message that means that globat did.

I appreciate them telling me that they've moved me. Sheesh! No wonder things aren't working.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Shows how often you use your front page NC [Smile] [Actually, are they allowed to do that?]

No images at all are working for me now, even the Online/Offline interlac and the Profile/Edit/Reply/etc icons that did show up before.

--------------------

Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Same here Nightcrawler. No images or dates. Also had the same message as Vee when I did a Google search.

Are these people moving you one byte at a time?

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

They must be punishing me for not buying their latest scam! I'll try to do something about this this weekend. This is so ridiculous.
Nightcrawler
Founder

Hi!

Sorry about this mess. Since globat's only response to me thus far is -

quote:

Dear VAlued Customer

Thank you for contacting the Globat Signature Support.

Upon checking the link you provided:

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

i cant find any internal server error.

Thank you for your inquiry,

Jay
Globat Signature Support
www.Globat.com Web Hosting Made Easy®

- I've decided to take my business elsewhere. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do the actual move and DNS changes until probably this weekend.

I'll just have to see how my schedule goes. The last few days I've been training people, so I haven't even had a chance to do my real work yet this week.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.