Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legionnaire Pair-Ups! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legionnaire Pair-Ups!
Reep
Resigned

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Simple premise. Name two Legionnaires and the next person gets to cite some relationship or incident that involved them. Then they can pick the next pair.

It ISN'T a guessing game where you try to stump everybody with an obscure meeting or the like. The fun is just trying to recall some connection or incident involving the two Legionnaires.

You can use any version of the Legionnaire in your answer, i.e Phantom Girl could be cited for Apparition, or say Valor or M'onel for Mon-el.

You want to avoid picking two Legionnaires that obviously didn't appear together, like say Gates and Quislet. Best probably to not use villains because of their limited use. Pairs can be repeated at anytime.

Some examples: say it's "Brainiac 5 and Sun Boy." You could cite the great scene at the start of Adv 343 (Luck Lords) where these two crash a rocket ship. Or else when they, along with Supergirl, went after Ontir and attacked the Dark Circle in Tales of the Legion.

For "Duo Damsel and Phantom Girl" you could mention that Violet once said that those two were close friends but that neither were close with her.

For "Phantom Girl and Colossal Boy," there's that volleyball game in V2 # 286 where they got into a spat, or the resentment PG had against Gim after he roughed up Jo in Starlin's SB 239

Anything that works. Whatever "connection" you can recall.

Should a few days pass and no one posts, either the last poster or I can start a new pair.

But I get to start now!

Chameleon Boy and Mon-el

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Cham and M'Onel

The classic scene in The Legion #1 where Cham asks M'onel what happened to the legion while they were gone and Lar replies "I think they just came back".

Sun Boy and Saturn Girl

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Sun Boy and Saturn Girl were two of the group that participated in Lightning Lad's revival and were willing to give their lives to revive him. Sun Boy said he was Garth's best friend, and of course Imra was his girlfriend.

Ultra Boy and Shrinking Violet

[ November 28, 2003, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Reep ]

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Jo mourning the loss of Tinya, after she'd been killed during the White Triangle invasion, and others saying something to the effect of, "Well, at least we only lost one!" as Violet showed up to announce that there was one other (Andromeda) who needed to be mourned.

Cosmic Boy and Timber Wolf

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Got one!

Timber Wolf's former giirlfriend, Light(ning) Lass, made a play for Magnetic Kid, Cosmic Boy's kid brother.

Shadow Lass and Star Boy

[ November 28, 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Reep ]

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reep:

Shadow Lass and Star Boy

i noticed how you said Shadow Lass and not Umbra !!!

well the scene i'm thinking of, sort of involves Phantom Girl also !!! [ sorry ]

[ it's in the issue where we discover Yera has been impersonating Violet .... LSH #305 ]

the scene features SL and PG watching Ultraboy, Timber Wolf, Mon-El and Wildfire training !!!

and Starboy comes up to talk to them ....

okay he's my choice:

Cosmic Boy and Phantom Girl

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Cos and Tinya:

Tinya smiling as she says to Cos "all these years I've known you, and only now you're a tease?" after he hints about future changes he has in store for the Legion.

Wildfire and Lightning Lad

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Wildfire and Lightning - Lightning Lad replaced Wildfire as Leader, even though Wildfire campaigned strongly to be re-elected. (SB 247.)

quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
i noticed how you said Shadow Lass and not Umbra !!!

Boy with UP, I mentioned you could substitute different era versions back in my first post:

"You can use any version of the Legionnaire in your answer, i.e Phantom Girl could be cited for Apparition, or say Valor or M'onel for Mon-el."

Again, whatever works. I would suggest after seeing a few posts so far, if you can remember the issue number (pretty darn hard sometimes!) go ahead and add it for everybody trying to remember where it was.

Saturn Girl and Superboy

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Lot's of possibilities in this pair up, but I recall Saturn Girl crying after implanting the suggestion in Superboy's mind to NOT return to the 30th Century.

Mon-El and Superboy

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Many possibilties here also.

I recall Adv 339, where Beast Boy tricked these two powerhouses into slugging it out, and they taunted each other about who's tougher.

Brainiac 5 and Chameleon Boy

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Cham and Brainy were two of the four smartest Legionnaires in the Universo project!

Bouncing Boy and Sun Boy

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

When Sun Boy lost his power and had to resign in Adv 302, it was Bouncing Boy who showed up apologetically at his door asking for his (I believe) flying belt.

Princess Projectra and Light Lass

[ November 29, 2003, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Reep ]

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
These were the two Legion ladies who came down with Rigel fever back in the Superboy and the LSH days!

Blok and Tellus

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
These two both shared a bit of confusion/innocence about 30th Century earth practices

Chemical King and Ultra Boy

[ November 29, 2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Varalent ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

As topic-starter, I declare the board stumped! So I'll come up with a new pair!

Brainiac 5 and Element Lad

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.