Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » (FINAL FOUR) Battle for the Championship of the 31st Century!! (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: (FINAL FOUR) Battle for the Championship of the 31st Century!!
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Since I still havn't tallied this round and posted the next, I'll add these two in.

Yes, looks like I am getting my evil Legion members crossed re: Dynamo Boy/ Command Kid

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
And so, a week late, Round Three ends.

Moving on to Round Four are:

Apparition, Brainiac 5, Chemical King, Cosmic Boy, Esper Lass, Gates, Infectuous Lass, Invisible Kid I, Kid Quantum II, Kinetix, Kono, Laurel Kent, Leviathan, Lightning Lad, Polar Boy, Quantum Queen, Quislet, Rainbow Girl, Streaky, Supergirl, Tellus, Thunder, Triad, Umbra, White Witch.

And since that's an odd number, the Planetary Chance Machine drew one name from among the losers to also advance: Comet the Super-Horse

And so, those going home are:

Atom'x, Catspaw, Celeste Rockfish, Cera Kesh, Chameleon, Command Kid, Dreamer, Duplicate Boy, Fortress Lad, Gas Girl, Hate-Face, Insect Queen (Lonna), Invisible Kid II, Karate Kid I, Mentalla, Nara Minsork, Nemesis Kid, RJ Brande, Star Boy, Storm Boy, Tomb, Tyroc, Violet, XS

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

ROUND FOUR

1. COMET, the Super-Horse versus the mighty morphing QUISLET

2. The 12th level intelligence of BRAINIAC 5 versus the omnipotent sheres of KID QUANTUM II

3. KINETIX, from before she started morphing versus the beatuful, if sickly, INFECTUOUS LASS

4. Lyle Norg, the original INVISIBLE KID versus the icy powers of POLAR BOY

5. The mass manipulating KONO versus that human catylist CHEMICAL KING

6. STREAKY, the super-cat versus the mind manipulating ESPER LASS

7. The magical, preboot, WHITE WITCH versus QUANTUM QUEEN of the Wanderers.

8. Gim Allon, the giant-sized LEVIATHAN versus the colorful RAINBOW GIRL

9. The electrical powers of LIGHTNING LAD versus Superman's 30th century decendant LAUREL KENT

10. The dark powers of UMBRA versus the teleporting GATES

11. The triplicating tri-jitsu of TRIAD versus Kara Zor-El, SUPERGIRL

12 The Shazam powers of THUNDER versus the intangible APPARITION

13. The magnetic powers of COSMIC BOY versus the telepathic, telekinetic TELLUS

Note: Voting for this round will end midnight EST on Friday, July 23

Have fun!!!!

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
1. QUISLET

--The location plays to its advantage, as it's used to manipulate the energies of other dimensions!

2. BRAINIAC 5

--While KQII is busy fending off an attack by one of Rokk's ex-girlfriends, Brainy works up ways to use her power against her. Not too hard, since he understands it better than her...

3. KINETX

--As much as I love Drura, Zoe's micro-telekinesis seems especially suited to fight off disease-powers, plus she's got plenty to play with in this environment

4. POLAR BOY

--Uber-Legion fan Brek had read all about how Superboy captured the Invisible Eagle in Adventure #247!

5. KONO

--She can shift mass and thus matter around. Condo can only manipulate matter. Kono wins.

6. ESPER LASS

--makes Streaky thinks his powers has faded.

7. WHITE WITCH

--Mysa would probably win even if this wasn't her home territory.

8. RAINBOW GIRL

--unless I'm mistaken, she has pheromone powers, similar to Charma. Anyway, Gim goes all ga-ga over the cute girl and loses to her.

9. LAUREL KENT

--She's invulnerable, and Garth's not likely to uncover a hidden vein of Kryptonite or anything is this environment.

10. GATES

--I'm going to assume that Umbra, like her preboot self, is weakened by the bright sunlight.

11. SUPERGIRL

--Being three girls won't help Luornu against her super-girlfriend

12 THUNDER

--The Wisdom of Solomon has to be able to cook up some way to defeat an intangible foe.

13. TELLUS
--Home court advantage allows him to easily take down the Legion founder.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
1) QUISLET

In Crisis, Superman's and Supergirl's powers didn't work 100% normally. The same should happen to Comet, giving Quislet the eventual win.

2) BRAINIAC 5

If Ra's al Ghul can prepare for and beat Jaz, Brainy should be able to do the same. Especially since her powers are scientific nd not magic-based like Mysa's, Kinetix's or Thunder's.

3) KINETIX

Just like how Brainstorm was able to turn toxic pollen inert with his telekinesis, Zoe should be able to do the same with her powers.

4) POLAR BOY

Brek doesn't need to see Lyle to freeze him.

5) KONO

Chem can do chemical reactions all he wants, but that shouldn't bother Kono while she's intangible.

6) ESPER LASS

It's not like a telepath will have a hard time with a kitty, even a super-powered one.

7) WHITE WITCH

She's just too versatile.

8) RAINBOW GIRL

Just like EDE said, the pheromones should do the trick.

9) LIGHTNING LAD

Laurel may be invulnerable, but Garth should be able to find a way to immobilize her or something.

10) UMBRA

I like Gates a lot too, but Umbra's too sneaky for him. Even if he teleports away, he can't keep teleporting forever, and Umbra can take him out from farther away, plus he won't be able to see her in her darkfield. The odds are just too great.

11) TRIAD

This is really silly and far-fetched, but before the match Lu triplicates but sends only one body into the arena. After Kara takes out this Lu,(gently, of course), she starts to enjoy the wares of the Ice Cream Shoppe thinking that Lu hadn't had time to triplicate. Lu's other two bodies then come in and blast Kara with the red sun lamps that they had gone to fetch to claim the win.

Lu may be underpowered, but being part of the Espionage Squad I can see her coming up with this plan.

12) APPARITION

The location hurts Tinya since a pleasure planets doesn't really have any high-tech weapons or anything, but eith patience she should be able to elude Thunder long enough to find something that'll take her out.

13) TELLUS

Doubt that Cos will be able to find much metal on a watery world, and Tellus should know the area better.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
1. COMET

Because I'm all about the Super-Pets.

2.KID QUANTUM II

Love Brainy, but I don't see how he could realistically turn Jaz's powers against her.

3. KINETIX

Just too tough.

4.INVISIBLE KID

The usual sneak and subdue routine.

5.KONO

Condo's unlikely to be able to affect her.

6. STREAKY

Too strong and brave and tingly for Esper Lass.

7. WHITE WITCH

This one's tough, but Mysa has the advantadge

8.RAINBOW GIRL

For reasons as stated by others.

9. LAUREL KENT[/b]

Don't see a way Garth can stop her.

10.GATES

The desert should be a factor, plus Gates can stay far enough away from Umbra to choose his moment.

11. SUPERGIRL

Lu isn't Val.

12. THUNDER

Too tough.

13. TELLUS

Again, home court.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
ROUND FOUR

1. COMET, the Super-Horse

2. KID QUANTUM II

3. INFECTUOUS LASS

4. INVISIBLE KID

5. CHEMICAL KING

6. STREAKY, the super-cat

7. QUANTUM QUEEN

8. RAINBOW GIRL

9. LAUREL KENT

10. UMBRA

11. SUPERGIRL

12. THUNDER

13. TELLUS

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baycent54
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baycent54   Author's Homepage   Email baycent54         Edit/Delete Post     
My choices:

Comet
Brainiac 5
Infectious Lass
Polar Boy
Chemical King
Esper Lass
White Witch
Rainbow Girl
Laurel Kent
Umbra
Supergirl
Thunder
Cosmic Boy
While I did pick some of these because I liked them better, most of the choices were because I felt they were more powerful. Guess for yourselves which are which.
BTW: Many posters assume that Comet is vulnerable to the same things Superboy and Supergirl are (Kryptonite, etc.). HE ISN'T. His sole vulnerability is to magic.

From: Michigan | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
1. QUISLET
- The location bonus comes in handy here!

2. KID QUANTUM II
- As much as I think Brainy COULD beat Jazmin with time, he just, well...doesn't have it when fighting her!

3. KINETIX
- The environment and her powers give Zoe plenty to use in holding Drura back.

4. POLAR BOY
- One Brek has already iced Lyle (Legion #5). I can see this one doing the same. [Wink]

5. KONO
- Condo can't really manipulate anything to harm intangible Kono before she takes him out.

6. ESPER LASS
- A quick telepathic trick could hold the super-cat until his defeat.

7. WHITE WITCH
- She has the skills and home advantage.

8. RAINBOW GIRL
- Powers come into play, of course

9. LAUREL KENT
- Robot or not, bolts wouldn't take her out as fast as she could take Garth out.

10. GATES
- Even trapped in a darkfield, he can instantly 'port free and come in from behind.

11. SUPERGIRL
- The over-powered reason.

12 THUNDER
- Ditto to what others said. Thunder has the strength and endurance to wait and overtake tangible Tinya.

13. TELLUS
- Hampered by a suit and especially not in his own element, Cos probably wouldn't fair well.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Quislet - I refuse to ever give my vote to a Super pet.

2. Brainiac 5 - If anyone can come up with a way to shut down Kid Q, it's Brainy.

3. Kinetix

4. Invisible kid

5. Kono

6. Esper Lass - Why is a villain on this list?

7. White Witch

8. Leviathan - and Rainbow Girl's amazing lucky streak ends. How she got so far without anyone really knowing her powers is beyond me.

9. Lightning Lad - Invulnerability does not equal power.

10. Umbra - Gates has to see where he's going to teleport. Umbra should take advantage of that weakness.

11. Supergirl - I just can't think of a way for Triad to win, unfortunately.

12 Apparition

13. Tellus wins onl because of home field advantage.

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
6. Esper Lass - Why is a villain on this list?

The game started out with 200 characters. I included characters, such as those from the Legion of Super-Rejects, who originally aspired to be Legionnaires/ do good, before ultimatly turning to evil.
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Winners are in CAPITALS.

1. Qward would offer QUISLET a lot to play with I imagine, giving him the edge he needs to beat Comet.

2. Brainiac 5 would need time to devise a solution to KID QUANTUM. Since she controls time that's one thing he's never going to have.

3. Signed, sealed, delivered. KINETIX wraps up Infectious Lass and posts her off to loserville before she gets the chance to react.

4. Invisibility won't do Lyle any good when POLAR BOY turns the whole room into an ice cube.

5. Can't think of a reason why but I just see KONO beating poor Chemical King in this one.

6. STREAKY's super-animal mind would be too foreign for Esper Lass to control I think.

7. Home-turf has its advantages. But WHITE WITCH probably wouldn't need to use any of them to beat Quantum Queen in this match.

8. Rainbow Girl would be totally out of her element on Apokolyps. LEVIATHAN claims the victory here.

9. LIGHTNING LAD's electrical powers disrupt the circuits in Laurel's robotic body.

10. UMBRA turns the lights out on Gates, thereby rendering his power useless.

11. SUPERGIRL beats Triad in three seconds. One for each body.

12. Apparition has to turn tangible eventually. And when she does THUNDER is there to knock her out.

13. TELLUS has all the advantages here. Cosmic Boy doesn't stand a chance.

[ July 21, 2004, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sensory lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sensory lad   Email sensory lad         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Quislet
2. Brainiac 5
3. Infectuous Lass
4. Invisible Kid
5. Kono
6. Esper Lass
7. White Witch
8. Leviathan
9. Laurel Kent
10. Gates
11. Supergirl
12. Apparition
13. Tellus

Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

ah, again a week late, but here are the results of the last round.

Moving on to the next round:

Brainiac 5, Esper Lass, Kinetix, Kono, Laurel Kent, Polar Boy, Quislet, Rainbow Girl, Supergirl, Tellus, Thunder, Umbra, White Witch.

And since we have an odd number of winner, the Planetary Chance Machine chose one of the losers to advance, in this case: Comet

Going home in ignomiuos defeat are:

Apparition, Chemical King, Cosmic Boy, Gates, Infectuous Lass, Invisible Kid I, Leviathan, Lightning Lad, Kid Quantum II, Quantum Queen, Streaky, Triad,

Portfolio Boy
Deputy

ROUND FIVE

1. COMET, the Super-Horse versus the dark powers of UMBRA

2. The colorful RAINBOW GIRL versis the mass manipulating KONO
Location: WELLUR, the planet of purple, cat-like humanoids who lived in fear from the Legion

3. The 12th level intellegence of BRAINIAC 5 versus the telekinetic, telepatic, TELLUS

4. The Shazam powers of THUNDER versus the Kryptonian powers of SUPERGIRL

5. The icey powers of POLAR BOY versus the pre-multi-tranformed KINETIX
Location: SOLOTHUR, disease ridden homeworld of Infectuous Lass

6. The mighty morphin' QUISLET versus the mental might of ESPER LASS

7. Superman's decendent LAUREL KENT versus the magical pre-boot WHITE WITCH

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.