Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » ROCK N ROLL TRIVIA (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 68 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  66  67  68   
Author Topic: ROCK N ROLL TRIVIA
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
Seeing that the other thread was such a hit with all 3 or 4 of us i decided to start it again

though carly simon is not rock but some would say she is, but the answer is rock related

Question

what carly simon song featured the line.....
YOU FLEW YOUR LEAR JET
UP TO NOVA SCOTIA
TO CATCH A TOTAL ECLIPSE '
OF THE SUN

And WHO actually did what the lyric says, Who is she singing about?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
You're so Vain was the song and I believe it was written about Warren Beatty.... or was it Mick Jagger? Oh I'll go with my instinct and say Warren....
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN

no
sorry

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The song is You're So Vain and Carly Simon has never revealed, and has said she never will reveal, who it is really about. The closest she came was saying that all songs were composites when she was asked. It is rumored to be about Mick Jagger, Cat Stevens, Warren Beatty, Kris Kristofferson and Ricky Nelson.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN

I disagree
Mick Jagger is the answer
-he sings on the song
- carly sings something about wife of a close friend, either she cheated with jagger who was married to her close friendm i am pretty sure
- last but not least, Mick Jagger DID fly his plane up to nova scotia to catch a total eclipse of the sun,

i doubt mick would sing about how vain warren beatty is, but mick would definately sing about himself

no one answered so i will come up with a new question.

Sonnie
mere mortal

actually I answered it, only I chose wrongly
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN

alright
fair enough, though u did settle on warren beatty, i will accept your answer, but i had a real good question

your up
SONNY BOY

Sonnie
mere mortal

nah, you go Labs, I was just feeling snotty after a tiring day, sorry to project..... [Mad]
THE LABRADORIAN

alright
name the group that had a concept album which told the story of a boy who drank the water and could live forever, could see into future and hear what the people think. Also name the album.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It wouldn't be Pink World by Planet P Project would it?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN

Well
i learned a valuable lesson today, no 2 lessons

1 lightning cannot be fooled
2 lightning lad has awesome taste in music.

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR, LET THE LIGHTNING FLY

Lightning Lad
Founder

Thanks Labradorian. You just bring up stuff I haven't listened to in years. Now I'll have to see if I can find Pink World on CD, if it exists.

Next question:

Another concept album. Name the album and the artist.

This album recounts the tale, taking place in the present as well as the past, of a young man who, under hypnosis, recalls another life.

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
What comes to mind immediately is Dream Theater's Scenes From a Memory.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

And your mind would be right EDE. That's the concept album I was looking for. You're up.
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, on to a related question, then.

Mike Portnoy, drummer for Dream Theater, also played in Prog Rock supergroup Transatlantic. Their first album features a cover of the classic multi-part epic "In Held 'Twas In I".

Who originally recorded this song and what other prog rock epic was directly inspired by it?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 68 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  66  67  68   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.