Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » ROCK N ROLL TRIVIA (Page 67)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 68 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68   
Author Topic: ROCK N ROLL TRIVIA
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Hint: The band is from Texas.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The only one I can think of, that was from Texas, was The 13th Floor Elevators.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
It's not the Double Zees, is it?
From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
The only one I can think of, that was from Texas, was The 13th Floor Elevators.

....and we have a winner.

It was indeed Roky Erikson's legendary Elevators. I can't remember if they ever said why they thought a jug player was a good idea, but hey, it was the '60s.

Over to you, Scott.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry guys. Didn't even think to check back to see if I got OM's question right.

In 1964 what did the band The Detours change their name to?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The Who?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

That be them. Although they didn't keep the name long. After they hired Pete Meaden (sp?) as their manager he changed their name to High Numbers. But when their first single was released and tanked big time they fired Meaden and took back The Who as their name.

To you EDE.

Eryk Davis Ester

As far as I know, only three people who have played with Genesis have performed on Late Night With Conan O'Brien.

Name them.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
Taking a wild stab at it I'd have to go for Collins, Rutherford and Gabriel.
From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Guessing the three members with the most successful solo careers isn't a bad strategy, but unfortunately Mike and the Mechanics haven't released an album or toured in the U.S. in well over a decade (probably longer than Conan's been on the air), and Collins just isn't hip enough for the Late Night set.

Gabe, however, appeared to support his latest album, Up.

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Pete I knew about. The others....I'm not so sure.

But since you're being sneaky and saying "played with" instead of "member of", I'll go with Chester Thompson and Daryl Stuermer.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Good guesses. Only I'm being even sneakier than that. [Smile]
Eryk Davis Ester

Okay, here's a hint:

One of the two played live with Genesis, but never in the studio. The other played in the studio, but never live.

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Ok, I'll try Bill Bruford and Nick D'Virilgio (sp?).

Of course, it's probably whoever they got to play bass on the "Calling All Stations" tour or something....

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Bruford appeared with King Crimson in 1995.

Nick D'Virgilio appeared with Tears for Fears just a few months back.

This topic comprises 68 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.