Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » ROCK N ROLL TRIVIA (Page 66)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 68 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68   
Author Topic: ROCK N ROLL TRIVIA
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
Too good for me, LL.

Your go.

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Nah, I just love Tim Curry as much as I love Pink Floyd. I would have loved to have seen Waters' production of The Wall live.

Here is kind of a seasonal question. What Prog/Metal band went on to form Trans Siberian Orchestra?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

I’m glad to say that I made the trip to Berlin – 3000 mile round trip on a variety of buses and a couple of ferries over the course of 6 days. To stand in the middle of 400,000 Germans in a building site that until 6 months previously had been the most famous No-Mans Land in Europe, and very heavily landmined. Singing "Can you feel the bile rising from your guilty past?"

From where we were the people on stage were about (holds thumb and forefinger about 6mm – 1/4” - apart) that big. And we were about half way back. Thank goodness for big screens!

A gig never to be forgotten.

Anyway – I looked up the answer to your question, ‘cos I didn’t have the foggiest.
It still doesn’t mean anything to me, so I’ll let someone else answer.

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely sounds like one of those once in a lifetime trips Numf. And worth it.

Here is another hint. This band was formed in the early 80's by two brother's and had to change their first band name for legal reasons. One of the brothers was killed by a drunk driver in 1993.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

The brothers were Jon and Criss Oliva.
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
not sure, but i know al pitrelli is in it, and though i have absoulutly no idea if SAVATAGE is a prog/metal band but thats my guess. Cause i really dont know.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Savatage is the answer. I consider them prog/metal since they are more prog now but started out as a metal band.

Next question is your Lab.

THE LABRADORIAN

what comic book character did dimebag darrell have tattooed on his arm?
THE LABRADORIAN

hint
its a marvel character

THE LABRADORIAN

2nd hint
he's green

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
We'll go with the Hulk then.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN

correct sir
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

R.I.P. Dimebag.

OK, name the rock band that featured the "electric jug" among its instrumentation.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

That sounds like the sort of thing that you might possibly associate with Gong.

They certainly had flying teapots.

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

It does kind of sound like something those pothead pixies would do.

But it's not them.

--------------------

This topic comprises 68 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.